Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SSN REPORT LATEST BENT OFFER REJECTED

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
18 million. Man reporting from outside Upton Park.

Comments

• Options
    throw in Harewood and Mullins and they can have him for that....
  • Options
    No, not at any price. Another club, maybe, but not closest relegation rival.
  • Options
    It's a dirty tricks campaign. Curbishley is just trying to unsettle our players.
  • Options
    But Curbs said they hadn't bid.... very mysterious
  • Options
    IF and an very big IF it is true....we simply CANNOT afford to turn down £18m IMO (for a player who's currently injured !!!!!)
  • Options
    So they've bid 20.5m for 2 of our players in 2 days. Jesus!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]But Curbs said they hadn't bid.... very mysterious[/quote]

Someone's agent trying to stir it up then?
  • Options
    im starting to get fed up with this................

dont sell to west ham!!!!!!!!!!

end of!!!!!!!!1

come on pards tell them to get stuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!! curbs can ..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]IF and an very big IF it is true....we simply CANNOT afford to turn down £18m IMO (for a player who's currently injured !!!!!)

I'm 50-50 on this to be honest. I partly think we should take the 18m as that's ridiculous money but the other part of me says if we sell him we go down, they survive and that costs us 30-40m.
  • Options
    eltham. the lad doesnt want to go from what we hear. We;re always moaning about prem stars these days and having no morals/loyalty. Surely we can repay some loyaly to him by not forcing him out the door?

What price his goals to keep us up and we earn all that money from the tv deal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If £18 million came on 1st Jan I'd take it.

Not now, who could you spend it on now?

Although it would be a good parachute payment the whole world know you have the £18 Mil up your sleeve...

SELL HERMAN INSTEAD FOR 2.5!!
  • Options
    Don't players get 10% of any transfer fee if they don't request a transfer? If so, then with that tidy sum on offer and 60-70k a week, i wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly doesn't find the thought of going that bad!!
    Although i could be doing him an injustice.
  • Options
    Strikers are worth their weight in gold, to stay in the prem this year or next, or to go straight up we need someone of Bent's calibre and they are pretty rare - hence his value. Keep him at all costs is my view.
  • Options
    £18m....

JEEE SUUUSSS
  • Options
    Curbs is trying it on BIG time.......... strip us of our best player leave us with 16 mins left to buy someone....... F*** him .... Ive enough......... he wants to dismantle all his own work..........

if we sell Ill be livid.... we can get money for the man anyway..... or he can fire us back up or who knows........
  • Options
    Who do we bring in with 1 day to go? We might as well say bye bye to any chance of £30m next season.
  • Options
    if we stay up its worth tens of millions.......
  • Options
    Yeah good point people, i'm not 50-50 anymore. F*ck off Curbs, stick with boa morte and zamora!!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    the board seriously will be thinking about this though. it really will give WHAM the edge in "The Battle" if it happened
  • Options
    Not even £30m guarantees you goals, just look at Chelsea's big summer signing. Our goals will not come regularly from anywhere else. Don't sell if you think we can get out of this, Mr Pardew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be interested to know if people would still say no deal if it was Chelsea or Liverpool offering 18m?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    can't see us getting anywhere close to 18m in the summer. If it were any other side I'd say sell as long as we can get in a replacement and another striker. As I said the other day Curbs is now really getting on my tits.
  • Options
    Chris, the main point is that its too late in the transfer window to take *any* bid whoever its from.

If he went to Spurs at ANYTIME, I'd chuck in my ST.
  • Options
    No deal for me, although perhaps they'd loan him back for the rest of the season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'd be interested to know if people would still say no deal if it was Chelsea or Liverpool offering 18m?

That is a bit of a different matter - we're in a dog fight with WHU so no way to we let them take our biggest asset. It would be giving up. One of top 4, I would be more understanding, for the sake of our own finances and DB's career. (Though personally would still be very disappointed to see him go.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]the board seriously will be thinking about this though. it really will give WHAM the edge in "The Battle" if it happened

the edge....... it will be an admital of goodnioght!!!!!!!!!

it is over if we lose bent....... over.........

to westham we will lose the psychological battle in one move..... and the rest of the squad could slip back to wycombe ways.......
  • Options
    Top 4 side I would say he should go for it, and thanks for the loot, a rival for survival, no fucking chance.

Curbs can swing, sod 15 years, that's forgotten till the middle of May
  • Options
    Doesn't the topic of this thread say " bid rejected" anyway??
  • Options
    are people suddenly becoming anti Curbs. Stone the crows. Who'd have thought it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]are people suddenly becoming anti Curbs. Stone the crows. Who'd have thought it.[/quote]
    he's being a cheeky little git.

look Curbs, we have changed and moved on, our new management team arent stupid enough to sell our best player at the last minute without having anytime to get a replacement.

Now bugger off.

(unless you wanted Marcus Bent of course...)