Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SSN REPORT LATEST BENT OFFER REJECTED

Comments

• Options
    Also i knew this Eggert guy had money but he's already spent 10-15m, now this 18m bid plus also 6-8m for Upson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]are people suddenly becoming anti Curbs. Stone the crows. Who'd have thought it.
    he's being a cheeky little git.

look Curbs, we have changed and moved on, our new management team arent stupid enough to sell our best player at the last minute without having anytime to get a replacement.

Now bugger off.

(unless you wanted Marcus Bent of course...)

We'll chuck in Lisbie as well....
  • Options
    Give em Jon Fortune and Darren Ambrose, and call it £4m?
  • Options
    Curbs is taking the almighty - but then again have you seen the fixtures they have left - they're playing Watford again next week - Keep Bent - someone will offer 12-15M in the summer because he has scored goals two years running. Might be nore with the new deal? Selling anyone to West Ham when it's three out of five to go down is madness especially when they won't part with Sheringham (if rumour is true)

Looking forward to Feb 24th :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]are people suddenly becoming anti Curbs. Stone the crows. Who'd have thought it.[/quote]

Is Curbs trying to unsettle him or is this a media story? Yesterday he reportedly said he "wasn't interested".

I've heard around three or four deals quoted - cash, involving players...all sounds like creative journalism to me. On the other hand Curbs does know that if pushed Charlton will cave in as we did over Parker and Murphy and do so at the last minute...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    Now bugger off.

(unless you wanted Marcus Bent of course...)

And Lisbie!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]are people suddenly becoming anti Curbs. Stone the crows. Who'd have thought it.[/quote]

Is Curbs trying to unsettle him or is this a media story? Yesterday he reportedly said he "wasn't interested".

I've heard around three or four deals quoted - cash, involving players...all sounds like creative journalism to me. On the other hand Curbs does know that if pushed Charlton will cave in as we did over Parker and Murphy and do so at the last minute...[/quote]

if it goes up to £25m i might take it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seriously_red[/cite]Curbs is taking the almighty - but then again have you seen the fixtures they have left - they're playing Watford again next week - Keep Bent - someone will offer 12-15M in the summer because he has scored goals two years running. Might be nore with the new deal? Selling anyone to West Ham when it's three out of five to go down is madness especially when they won't part with Sheringham (if rumour is true)

Looking forward to Feb 24th :-)

Therein lies the problem for the board. If we go down, there is no way we will get anything like £12-15m for DB. We would be lucky to get £8-10m.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I would sell, I am afraid. £18m cash + the parachute payments would go a long way to filling the financial void created by our inevitable relegation. Would enable us to strengthen the team properly in the summer and fight our way to promotion. Bent will go in the summer and we will be lucky to get £8m - £10m for him then.

Richard Murray can't sell though as the fans will see it as giving up the fight against relegation.
  • Options
    BFR Think it might well be creative journalism but, if true, don't see the board caving in this time because they can see Wigan and West Ham falling apart whereas Pardew has done something already in 6 weeks to give us hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]are people suddenly becoming anti Curbs. Stone the crows. Who'd have thought it.
    On the other hand Curbs does know that if pushed Charlton will cave in as we did over Parker and Murphy and do so at the last minute...

The difference is Parker and Murphy both wanted to go
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Also i knew this Eggert guy had money but he's already spent 10-15m, now this 18m bid plus also 6-8m for Upson.[/quote]

As with Charlton he's spending money now in fear that relegation will mean that he'll lose out on next year's Sky money. This might therefore seem cheap to him compared with what he might lose and Bent is the type of player he'll want to buy anyway.
  • Options
    relax and enjoy the sight of Curbs crapping himself, won't you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

I've heard around three or four deals quoted - cash, involving players...all sounds like creative journalism to me. On the other hand Curbs does know that if pushed Charlton will cave in as we did over Parker and Murphy and do so at the last minute...

The difference is that Parker and Murphy had made it clear that they wanted to go, DB hasn't given any indication that he wants to leave.

Also I can't believe that Curbishley didn't have the final say over the Parker and Murphy deals. Was it the board that caved or was it Curbishley?
  • Options
    "Inevitable Relegation" !!! I was ready to give up after the Boro loss and have even given up my ticket for Saturday! After beating Portsmouth I'm willing to back us through February/March and see what happens - Pardew has done something to the squad and I relly think results will start coming our way.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]are people suddenly becoming anti Curbs. Stone the crows. Who'd have thought it.[/quote]
    On the other hand Curbs does know that if pushed Charlton will cave in as we did over Parker and Murphy and do so at the last minute...[/quote]

The difference is Parker and Murphy both wanted to go[/quote]

Fair enough, but the club dug their heels in insisting there'd be no deal.
  • Options
    Why would we only get £12-15m in the summer?

Every prem team will have the extra Sky money to spend and so fee inflation is likely to go up not down. We are larady seeing that inflation with the Ashley young fee and the rumoured bid for Bent. Assuming Bent continues to play well and scores there is no reason for his value to drop, rather increase.
  • Options
    Henry - because his market value is not actually £18m. West Ham are only willing to pay that because of the panic they are in. Nobody will be prepared to pay that sort of money for Darren in the summer.
  • Options
    good point the board must back Pardew as selling Bent would be a kick in the nuts for him
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Henry - because his market value is not actually £18m. West Ham are only willing to pay that because of the panic they are in. Nobody will be prepared to pay that sort of money for Darren in the summer.[/quote]

I think this is a deal worth £18m with Harewood & Mullins coming our way - valuing DB at around £12m or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy money.

I'd take it.

That's all I've got to say.
  • Options
    That is assuming that we don't go down. I doubt that DB would be so happy to stay if we are playing in the championship.

You only have to look at Andy Johnson as an example of how a players value drops when a team is relegated.
  • Options
    I wouldn't accept 18m but I would accept £14m maybe £12m with Mullins and Harewood.

That way we get a good sum of money to buy some quality next season regardless of what league we are in and also have replacements that have already worked under Pardew, and suceeded.
  • Options
    Have West Ham upped their bid for Herman???

*prays*
  • Options
    What did Johnson go for in the end? £8m? I don't remember many bids if any above that
  • Options
    It's worth remembering that BD is currently unfit and will miss our next two games at least, possibly more. So even if he goes now he won't be playing immediately for WHU.

Getting in Harewood would replace him and maybe buy Nugent and have a new forward line? Spend some on Halford? Maybe make a cheeky bid to buy Scott Carson FT?
  • Options
    Red pete - So what is his market value? How do you determine that?

His value is only what someone will pay for him. At the moment to West ham (alledgedly) it is £18m.

Maybe no one will want a young, fast, goalscoring English striker but I don't see why his value would fall. yes West Ham are desperate but they may still want him in the summer if they stay up but maybe so would a few other clubs.
  • Options
    The issue surely is not if we should sell Darren or, if we should allow him to go if he wants, or even how much we get for him.

But as it stands no matter how much is offered, we don't have time to get anyone else in to help us for the rest of the season. Unless you consider Harewood or Zamora as part of the deal to be worth it. But if the hamsters don't consider them good enough to help them get out of trouble, why should we?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]The issue surely is not if we should sell Darren or, if we should allow him to go if he wants, or even how much we get for him.

But as it stands no matter how much is offered, we don't have time to get anyone else in to help us for the rest of the season. Unless you consider Harewood or Zamora as part of the deal to be worth it. But if the hamsters don't consider them good enough to help them get out of trouble, why should we?

Well said KB.
  • Options
    Surely it's down to the player first & foremost. Bent seems happy to stay, going to West Ham may see him in the Championship next season anyway therefore another move in the summer. Makes no sense at all. No-one but no-one could be-grudge him a dream move to Arsenal, Chelsea, ManUtd or Liverpool. However they have not bid so F*** off Curbs.