Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lennie Lawrence (Confirmed as Palace Assistant Manager)

Wasn't quite sure which category to put this, but decided on other Football and Sports.

Anyway it's being heavily rumoured that Lennie Lawrence is to become Dougie Freedman's assistant Manager. Obviously he's well known in footballing circles, and has a very good track record, but i was just interested in what your opinions of him are.

Comments

• Options
    No way. He's much more sense than that.
  • Options
    he won't be as good as lennie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]he won't be as good as lennie

dunno what you mean.
  • Options
    I will only believe when they set the portakabin up.
  • Options
    Did a similar role at Bristol Rovers, lives in Bromley so it all fits. Wouldn't be surprised if he did go to the Glaziers as there has been a lot of water under the bridge since his time with Charlton. And of course he's been manager at Selhurst Park before (only with a top flight club though.)

Has a terrible memory for old games and players but a very well respected coach and mentor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]

dunno what you mean.

It's Lennie not Lenny although neither are his real name.
  • Options
    Interesting angle.

I'm all for blending experience with youth. Heard Lennie speak at a couple of Q+As over the last couple of years and he is very old school. Probably a bit too old school for the modern game if you ask me.
  • Options
    Agent Lennie ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]

dunno what you mean.

haha
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

It's Lennie not Lenny although neither are his real name.

There you go again.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And of course he's been manager at Selhurst Park before (only with a top flight club though.)

Oops, Henry ......most of season 85-86 in the Second Division winning promotion to the First.
    And then season 90-91 back in the Second after relegation.

So really Lennie's already managed 2 Second Division seasons at Selhurts.

Right back to my trainspotting book.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Agent Lennie ;-)

precisely !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And of course he's been manager at Selhurst Park before (only with a top flight club though.)

Oops, Henry ......most of season 85-86 in the Second Division winning promotion to the First.
    And then season 90-91 back in the Second after relegation.

So really Lennie's already managed 2 Second Division seasons at Selhurts.

Right back to my trainspotting book.

;o)

Anorak!

: - )

BTW that company I mention are still looking for people. Mentioned you and they said apply on line and they'd look out for your name.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Anorak!

Haha!

I'm not just any old trainspotter, you know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Anorak!

Takes one to know one!
  • Options
    Well a hero of many on here. (Well he was until this bit of news anyway :-) Not sure of whether he still has his finger on the pulse. Will be able to take some of the pressure off Dougie so probably a decent move.
  • Options
    Seemed to do a decent job covering Trollopes back, so would not discount him having a role as mentor to another inexperienced manager in south london
  • Options
    i was chatting to robert lee a couple of weeks ago about lennie signing him for boro,but that's another story #namedropper
  • Options
    If Lennie takes the job and has trouble remembering players we could help out, send him a list of Pardews worst 250 signings....
  • Options
    Will always be a legend but if he helps keeps Palarse up i'm not so sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange move, I can't recall Lennie ever managing Freedman during his career so how do they even know each other?

Most football people appoint their mates to jobs, it would be interesting if Lennie is being appointed by the Palace board without Freedman's direct consent or request.

I was expecting Freedman to bring in someone like Coppell, Smith or some other old Palace figure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i was chatting to robert lee a couple of weeks ago about lennie signing him for boro,but that's another story #namedropper

So........, what did you ask & what did he say then? ;-)

How did he come across regarding his feelings to Charlton?(If you broached that subject) I've always felt he has been oddly cold toward/about us since he left.(though he did pop up at the game marking the 25th Anniversary of departing The Valley, with Lennie - in keeping with an aspect of the thread itself)
  • Options
    Confirmed as Palace No.2
  • Options
    Booooo!
  • Options
    AGENT LENNIE MUWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    His book was rubbish. I feel able to say that now with a clear conscience.
  • Options
    Scum!!!!!

Hope he dies of................old age!
  • Options
    What a strange appointment there bang in it.
  • Options
    Surprised to see him go there ... if we'd have had him back we could've had two Robins at the helm of the Robins!