Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lennie Lawrence (Confirmed as Palace Assistant Manager)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Is there an alarm that goes off on OohAah's pc everytime C**** is mentioned?

Is there an app I'm missing out on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Is there an alarm that goes off on OohAah's pc everytime C**** is mentioned?

There must be, he's onto every mention of Mr. C within about five minutes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Is there an alarm that goes off on OohAah's pc everytime C**** is mentioned?

There must be, he's onto every mention of Mr. C within about five minutes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Thanks, all is clear now regarding Sir Jimmy Seed's literary outpourings.

What I am holding in my hand is ''Soccer From The Inside'' by - as the original dust jacket delightfully puts it - ''Jimmy Seed, Ex-International Player & Successful Club Manager'', published in 1947.

Parts of this, it seems, were reworked and expanded with new and updated material as ''The Jimmy Seed Story'' a decade later (Soccer From The Inside only has 112 pages, and looks very much like a product of a publishing industry still recovering from paper rationing). Don't have a copy of the '57 book and would offer good money for one if anyone has one they are prepared to sell...

Interesting, Incorruptible. I hadn't heard of the 1947 published "Soccer from the Inside".
    My 1957 copy of "The Jimmy Seed Story", contains 128 pages and some B/W photos.

I picked it up secondhand about 1978. I couldn't sell it though, just couldn't.
  • Options
    Oggy, was my memory right about the unhappiness of his departure? He was too old school to vent his true feelings but the impression is of a man who felt he had been treated with the loyalty he might have expected.

Available as a part of a three book set on Ebay:
    Linky
  • Options
    Thanks for the patronizing post "mate" - I don't think I am "incredibly naive" but nor am I so ill mannered that I would go around casting aspersions about people I don't know.

Regardless, it looks like they DO know each other.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/9368557.stm

I would be interested to know how they do know each other, they don't have a single club in common and have never even been in the same city at the same time.

Sorry grumps, just thought that was common knowledge that football's a pretty small world. I know a few non league footballers that are on first name terms with a few premier league stars for example.