Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palarse Moving ?

They could be moving grounds according to ssn.

Comments

• Options
    To where, hell?
  • Options
    National Sport centre at CP park, puts a big problem in the way of Spurs moving to Startford
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]To where, hell?

Lidls?
  • Options
    The 2 bob athletics track. Anywhere is better than their shithole
  • Options
    CP Park? Thats close to where the are now, 2 miles away, what would be the point? Do they just want a newer ground?
  • Options
    Selhurst needs demolishing. Starting somewhere else could be cheaper. A compact 15,000 setter should do allow them to double up with athletics.
  • Options
    I think they'll want a 25,000 football ground on that site, with Athletics staying with West Ham in the Olympic stadium.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Can't see Palace building on that sight without an Athletics track somewhere in the mix. Would imagine financial implications may mean they want to sell Selhurst to property developers or one of the big supermarket chains and take the profits with them to the Athletics stadium as it is. Never really seen the need for having so many stadiums (apart from the Valley) in such proximity of each other so it's wouldn't be a bad move.
  • Options
    Isn't this just a move to prevent Spurs from moving to the Olympic site?
  • Options
    I did wonder whether the Nigels might move to the Athletics Stadium as part of the Spurs bid as another sweetener for their scheme as opposed to West Ham's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many Crystal Palace supporters have for years talked of a revamped ground at the Athletics stadium. The park is a complicated issue, I believe it is owned by Bromley council, but that may not be the case, and ownership/planning may be complicated, especially as croydon council have behaved in a sympathetic manner before with regard to crystal Palace at Selhurst.
    There is also the complicated matter of who actually owns Selhurst, and this issue may well be behind the current thinking. There is hardly a case for saying that Selhurst park as it is has even a medium term future, and changes are needed...BUT, changes cost a lot of money (look at Falmer), and take a lot of time...have Palace got the time and the money?
    If Crystal Palace move nearer to central london as suggested, then it may impact on the future support of Millwall, and us.
  • Options
    I used to play Sunday League at the National Sports centre, so about Crystal Palace level then
  • Options
    I can't imagine Palace ever getting anything they actually want because everybody hates them.
  • Options
    How about the Valley? After all, both clubs are from South London and share similar catchments. I'm amazed no one's thought of it before.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]I used to play Sunday League at the National Sports centre, so about Crystal Palace level then

You're doing yourself down mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]National Sport centre at CP park, puts a big problem in the way of Spurs moving to Startford

Is that what is being suggested.

Out of Croydon then to a stadium owned by Bromley. It may be is a response to the Spuds wanting to take over the Olympic Stadium and revamp the NSC. Interesting.
  • Options
    Wasn't the issue of ownership of selhurst sorted during the takeover
  • Options
    The park is indeed owned by Bromley Council, and some of the ruins/gardens are listed. That might have an effect on what building/development can be done on the site. The access road for example isn't good enough, and the bridge which runs from the sports centre to the lower park is listed. The stadium at the moment holds 16000, but only has 3 sides, there would need to come to an arrangement with the company which runs the site which at the moment is Greenwich Leisure, as they would lose an astroturf pitch, and all the offices housed in the grandstand at least.
  • Options
    Very active local residents have blocked any attempt to re-develop the site of the old Crystal Palace at the top of the park so would be major opposition to football there.

Seems odd as they have finally got ownership of SP back with the club and with the housing market depressed its not worth much.

Not really much closer to central london but very good transport links via train, very poor by road.
  • Options
    Interesting. The sports centre's owned by the London Development Agency - so it's in the gift of the mayoralty. Which will also have a big say in who gets the Olympic Stadium and will do most of the post-2012 decision-making.

I'm sure I remember hearing somewhere that Bromley Council wasn't keen on gaining a football ground on its territory. As Henry says, I don't think the locals around that way will be too keen.

And as Seth says, any move closer to central London will be bad for us (and Millwall).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The issue with the ownership of SP was resolved when CPFC 2010 took over.

Another factor that maybe worth considering, is that the orange twat that used go round pissing off everyone that we actually needed to work with is now no longer involved with CPFC....that will help any negotiations.

The board that makes up CPFC 2010, has someone within it someone who has very positive relationship with Bromley Council. This may of course be irrelevant.
  • Options
    This may of course be irrelevant.

Just like Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]This may of course be irrelevant.

Just like Crystal Palace.[/quote]

Clearly not to you though ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]This may of course be irrelevant.

Just like Crystal Palace.

Cut it out. SOS is just trying to give us some info.
  • Options
    wouldn't be the first club to use a track and field stadium. poor old rotherham are using don valley stadium, due to being locked out of millmoor. their ground might have been a dump, but it was their dump.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/3052037855_f84c5cf511.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/manc72/3052037855/&usg=__MCNbim21-Eudj9us5koTnXqf97Y=&h=375&w=500&sz=136&hl=en&start=5&zoom=1&tbnid=iJtAcLbsxwy4CM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&ei=EKM0Td_TGsKL4QbPzKGcCg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drotherham%2Bunited%2Bdon%2Bvalley%2Bstadium%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dvss%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1
  • Options
    the ground as it was when they left!
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/Rotherham/Millmoor%252011.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/og074rotherhamunitedmillmoor.htm&usg=__ajCm6QO12yIA_Z3qrC6vaa2CYd4=&h=512&w=640&sz=71&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&tbnid=yEU3Q77CkC_Q6M:&tbnh=110&tbnw=137&ei=3KM0TYTKKobNhAfWgqyUCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drotherham%2Bunited%2Btivoli%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dvss%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

think Son of selhurst needs to change name to Save our selhurst! i have no love for palace but respect their fans wanting to remain at their 'proper' ground.
  • Options
    I don't know why they don't consider ground sharing with AFC Wimbledon :-)
  • Options
    or with Brighton at thier new ground :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]The issue with the ownership of SP was resolved when CPFC 2010 took over.

Another factor that maybe worth considering, is that the orange twat that used go round pissing off everyone that we actually needed to work with is now no longer involved with CPFC....that will help any negotiations.

The board that makes up CPFC 2010, has someone within it someone who has very positive relationship with Bromley Council. This may of course be irrelevant.

SOS is Selhurst Park in a poor state of repair as was often mentioned during the Admin saga? There has been talk of a drainage problem under The Holmesdale Stand and also a fire safety issue in the main stand.
  • Options
    SOS, a question if I may...

You say the issue of ownership of SP was resolved when CPFC 2010 took over. Who owns the lease now then?

Correct me if I'm wrong, the lease was held by Rock Investments, which was Paul Kemsley's company which went up bust didnt it? Paul Kemsley used to be on the Spurs board and is best buddies with Daniel Levy.