Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    £214m spent in the window ... wow
  • Options
    Harry Redknapp directly on the phone to Jim Brown, good ol Harry.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]£214m spent in the window ... wow

Meanwhile Plymouth still need about half a million unaccounted for revenue to see out the season
  • Options
    Im really dissapointed that Pardew hasnt come in for Abbott after losing his target man
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be terrible if Newcastle were relegated now they've list their goal-scorer?
  • Options
    That last 10 mins I was just begging the window to be shut.
    Seriously Charlie Adam? Was Harry gonna play 4-6-0? What an idotic signing full stop. What we he gonna do? Drop Modric to play Adam instead? Ludicrous.

There are an awful lot of seriously fcuked off Spurs fans out there tonight.
    First Stratford, now a second transfer window failing to bring in a half-decent striker. Levy ought to be careful as he is quickly losing the backing of the supporters now.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm sure I've heard of Spurs before, but afraid I don't know much about them.

;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Andy Carroll contacted ToonTalk editor Steve Wraith today via text to say, "I'm gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn't want to leave that's why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door."
    Seems slightly odd, especially as he handed in a transfer request, wouldn't put it past Ashley though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm sure I've heard of Spurs before, but afraid I don't know much about them.

;o)

There that team from east london.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm sure I've heard of Spurs before, but afraid I don't know much about them.

;o)

Stratford aint it??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tottenham's bids to sign David Beckham and Phil Neville failed after they missed the transfer deadline.

By 7 years.
  • Options
    Love how Harry failed with a bid for Adam he obviously just did it for the sake of it as Spurs don't need any more play making midfielders. Probably just felt left out.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

;o)

Stratford aint it??

Yeah east london, I was actually wrong there not that team from east london. They are the East london wannabees ;-)
  • Options
    Leyton Hotspur, bless em
  • Options
    BBC

2345: Harry Redknapp confirms to Sky Sports News that Tottenham made a bid - that was accepted - for Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam late in the day, but that the deal fell through because "a couple of Blackpool shareholders" just failed to get the necessary signatures on the paperwork in time. So near. So far. So Tottenham.

Harry you are bonkers!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Leyton Hotspur, bless em

If they got it i would love for them to have to change their name....Stratford hotspurs, Leyton Hotspurs or ThatClubDownTheRoadFromWest Ham hotspurs.
  • Options
    Look at all those livid scousers burning their Torres shirts. Bit silly though, what will they wear to court tomorrow?
  • Options
    Look at all those livid scousers burning their Torres shirts. Bit silly though, what will they wear to court tomorrow?
  • Options
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jamiebcool[/cite]Look at all those livid scousers burning their Torres shirts. Bit silly though, what will they wear to court tomorrow?

It was nearly funny the 1st time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just rip off the TORRE bit and stick in pen helvey at the end :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]Just rip off the TORRE bit and stick in pen helvey at the end :-)

Not sure they could spell it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]That last 10 mins I was just begging the window to be shut.
    Seriously Charlie Adam? Was Harry gonna play 4-6-0? What an idotic signing full stop. What we he gonna do? Drop Modric to play Adam instead? Ludicrous.

First Stratford, now a second transfer window failing to bring in a half-decent striker. Levy ought to be careful as he is quickly losing the backing of the supporters now.[/quote]

Although Adam would have been a silly signing, you Spurs fans owe Levy and Harry a lot! You could be Villa or Liverpool or any other "big" club who've gone backwards over the last couple of years!

If you hadn't slagged off the country's top goalscorer - YOUR top goalscorer in his last season with you, even though he played half of it from the bench, you'd already have your ready made player to stick the ball in the back of the net.

You're also lucky you didn't pay £35m for Andy Carroll - now THAT have been a waste of hard earned for a panic buying mad fool!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]That last 10 mins I was just begging the window to be shut.

First Stratford, now a second transfer window failing to bring in a half-decent striker. Levy ought to be careful as he is quickly losing the backing of the supporters now.[/quote]

Although Adam would have been a silly signing, you Spurs fans owe Levy and Harry a lot! You could be Villa or Liverpool or any other "big" club who've gone backwards over the last couple of years!

If you hadn't slagged off the country's top goalscorer - YOUR top goalscorer in his last season with you, even though he played half of it from the bench, you'd already have your ready made player to stick the ball in the back of the net.

You're also lucky you didn't pay £35m for Andy Carroll - now THAT have been a waste of hard earned for a panic buying mad fool!!!
  • Options
    Can we still sign loan players?
  • Options
    yes and out of contract players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]That last 10 mins I was just begging the window to be shut.

First Stratford, now a second transfer window failing to bring in a half-decent striker. Levy ought to be careful as he is quickly losing the backing of the supporters now.

If only you had Darren Bent...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]yes and out of contract players

After february 8th.
  • Options
    PMSL- firstly the world has gone mad 35 Million Carroll??? 10 million maybe he's played half a season in the premiership terrible signing! Torrest 50million?? again 30 million good signing but its ridiculous.

What made me laugh is johnboy always comes on here yet now everyones digging spurs out lol
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]That last 10 mins I was just begging the window to be shut.

I agree we owe Harry a lot. That isnt in doubt. We owe Levy a lot too for his work behind the scenes BUThe really should have been coming to the fore in the last 6 months.

Harry identified targets for the August transfer window. Levy failed to deliver.
    Then Levy forces Stratford on us, against all our wishes.
    Harry again identified targets for the January transfer window. Again, Levy failed to deliver.

There's no doubt ENICs investment got us 4th place and the coveted CL place BUT that had to be the start of it. That had to be the base to kick us on and make the next step. We've now stood still. The two likeliest challengers for the 4th CL place have now spent huge. We've bid £7m for Charlie Adam, a player who in my opinion is not CL standard and an absolutely piss taking £500k for Phil Neville, which Levy wanted to pay in 2 bloody installments. You only have to listen to Harry's interview on SSN last night after 11pm explaining the deal. He had no idea we was even trying for Adam until Levy phoned him. WTF?

We've got it on good authority that we had a bid rejected for £20m for Suarez, yet Levy insistence to leave everything to the last minute to get a bargain cost us. But then he allegedly goes and bids €35 for Rossi and £38.5m for Aguero. Who's he kidding? Then dont forget the bids for Laviente and Negro etc etc.

Oh and as for the comments about Darren Bent, as I've said before, he'd score a shit load in our team the way it is currently set up but at the time he was at the club, we were playing a different way...

Yes we have to be realistic but we had to make a statement of intent and we havent, simples.

There is a silver lining though... if Carroll is worth £35m, how much must Gareth Bale and Luca Modric be worth? (when we undoubtedly have to sell them when we come 5th or 6th in the league in May - mid table obscurity here we come again woo hoo!)