Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    Looks like we wait till loan market reopens in a week.

Cool
  • Options
    "1759: DONE DEAL: Doncaster have signed 23-year-old midfielder Ryan Burge on a short-term deal. He had been playing for Jerez Industrial in Spain's fourth tier, the team that has links to the Glenn Hoddle Academy." (BBC)

Interesting, that's two players with GH Academy connections that have joined league clubs today... obviously doing a good job over there.
  • Options
    I'll put money on Carlton Cole to Newcastle tonight
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'll put money on Carlton Cole to Newcastle tonight

Well West Ham are definitely top-heavy with Obinna, Piquionne, Demba Ba, Cole, McCarthy and now Keane and I doubt Gold or Sullivan could say no to a pound note
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'll put money on Carlton Cole to Newcastle tonight

Yeah i reckon your right and with Pardew holding the cheque book west ham could be in for a nice few quid.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]"1759: DONE DEAL: Doncaster have signed 23-year-old midfielder Ryan Burge on a short-term deal. He had been playing for Jerez Industrial in Spain's fourth tier, the team that has links to the Glenn Hoddle Academy." (BBC)

Interesting, that's two players with GH Academy connections that have joined league clubs today... obviously doing a good job over there.
    Who was the other one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]"1759: DONE DEAL: Doncaster have signed 23-year-old midfielder Ryan Burge on a short-term deal. He had been playing for Jerez Industrial in Spain's fourth tier, the team that has links to the Glenn Hoddle Academy." (BBC)

Who was the other one?

Ben Williamson to Bournemouth
  • Options
    When a girl hits the floor and its not collymore ANDY CARROLL,
    when your'e glassed in the face by a scouse with no pace ANDY CARROLL,
    when your cars set on fire, called a nob and a liar ANDY CARROLL,
    when your either in jail hitting birds or on bail ANDY CARROLL
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Isiaah Osbourne and Lee Cook to Sheffield Wednesday

They haven't so much as added to their side in this window, they've brought in nearly an entirely fresh XI
  • Options
    So not only has pardoo got a silly length contract at newcastle, but he has 35 mil to waste....i reckon 25 mil will certainly be wasted, but having said that Alan, Abbott is available for 5 mil....gotta be quick tho'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mandaric has a habit of constantly buying players though. We'll see how it works out.
  • Options
    Just a thought, isn't the condition of Carrolls bail that he has to live with Kevin Nolan?
  • Options
    couple of premiership loans next week? can't believe we're not going to bolster the central midfield and defence.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]couple of premiership loans next week? can't believe we're not going to bolster the central midfield and defence.

loan market opens to max. 93 days unless it's a youth loan

I did say I hoped the BWP wasn't the whole lot or the move goes up in the risk stakes...
  • Options
    Why are people seemingly resigned to us signing no one else till next week? Still 4 hours of this window to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Why are people seemingly resigned to us signing no one else till next week? Still 4 hours of this window to go.

Well Charlton never do things simple, let's be honest lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Just a thought, isn't the condition of Carrolls bail that he has to live with Kevin Nolan?

I think your right actually.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Just a thought, isn't the condition of Carrolls bail that he has to live with Kevin Nolan?

I think your right actually.

I think the charges were dropped for the charge relating to that bail condition from memory.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Why are people seemingly resigned to us signing no one else till next week? Still 4 hours of this window to go.

Because, I'll be brutally honest, I'm concerned, perhaps irrationally!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]this is the best deadline day ever

i can picture ashley now in the toon boardroom; shirtless and doing shots of aftershock with pardew as they fall about laughing and playing chicken with liverpool on the phone. kind of like the russian roulette bit of the deer hunter meets drunken bakers

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 hours is a long time. Personally expect one more in.
  • Options
    The Toon are after Bendtner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]4 hours is a long time. Personally expect one more in.

I hope your correct.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]The Toon are after Bendtner.

Pardont really has lost his marbles!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]The Toon are after Bendtner.[/quote]

That would a worse deal than Carroll.
  • Options
    Expect Pardew to try & get Heskey in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]Expect Pardew to try & get Heskey in.

Nah, I reckon the smart money would be on Carlton Cole for somewhere in the region of £8m. Which is about £7.99m more than he is worth. Hammers are desperate to get him off the payroll.

Days like today do make me wonder what's happening to the game I love :0(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So Pardont is potentially trying to sign

Donkey A aka Carlton Cole
    or
    Donkey B aka Bentner
    or
    Donkey c aka Heskey

Any chance he might try to sign Shrek as well - now that Manure have Chicoritto?!

Then they'll all live happily ever after in the land of Far Far Haway!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]So Pardont is potentially trying to sign

Donkey A aka Carlton Cole
    or
    Donkey B aka Bentner
    or
    Donkey c aka Heskey

Any chance he might try to sign Shrek as well - now that Manure have Chicoritto?!

Then they'll all live happily ever after in the land of Far Far Haway!

Cole being the biggest donkey out of the lot!
  • Options
    Southampton have signed Jonathan Forte from Scunthorpe.