Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    no-one will come in to replace him if he goes, they'll just use Ameobi, Ranger, Best and Lovenkrands, and use the money in the summer.

As for the Belgian player, I would prefer Vermaelen to Kompany to be honest, but I wouldn't mind Boyata ;o)
  • Options
    I think I've missed something. Are Liverpool buying Suarez and Carroll ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Can Bostock play right midfield as well as central?
    He's left footed so not sure how much it would suit him.

Cheers Scoh, don't suppose he'd be the answer to that problem then. I think ideally we want a midfielder who can pick a pass and can also play wide right, to give us the option of putting Reidy on the left without having to pick 2 out and out wingers. That way we have the option to bring JJ into the centre or push him back to left back if circumstances dictate.

As it stands, JJ is a very key player and if he were to get injured we'd struggle to adapt without him. I'm not convinced by Ally Mack on the right.
  • Options
    Chris Dickson broke a few ribs in the game at the weekend. Oh and scored a hattrick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I think I've missed something. Are Liverpool buying Suarez and Carroll ?

Yes. And Charlie Adam.
  • Options
    Jean-Marie Pfaff? Enzo Scifo? Either of those would do.
  • Options
    This is more of a guess than anything but when listening to the interview with Bessone he said that he knew the striker Bauza who is currently on trial with us...possible signing? Pretty sure he is on the books of a L2 club.
  • Options
    was at Hereford... I am very surprised he's 100% back here on trial, not least because he's another striker
  • Options
    Grimsby Town have signed former Birmingham midfielder Bryan Hughes, 34, until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Man Utd in for Charlie Adam apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Man Utd in for Charlie Adam apparently.

Absolute joke. He is so over rated it's unreal. Can not see that happening in a million years.
  • Options
    Chris Dickson came on at HT the other day, scored a hat-trick and got an assist according to his Twitter.
  • Options
    Andy Carroll fee reported as £35 million plus add-ons

Just astonishing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Andy Carroll fee reported as £35 million plus add-ons

Just astonishing

Worth more than Dzeko, Suarez, Bent and maybe even Torres?

Even if it was it's a hell of a risk given his temperament.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]

Absolute joke. He is so over rated it's unreal. Can not see that happening in a million years.

He's a good player, but not at that level. He'll probably do okay at Liverpool, but he'll be more like Danny murphy was for them rather than a stand-out star.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Chris Dickson came on at HT the other day, scored a hat-trick and got an assist according to his Twitter.

His side are top of division 2 as well.
  • Options
    How can Andy Carroll be worth one and a half Darren Bents? It makes Houllier look very shrewd, if that is now the price of England international strikers.

Anyway, looking on the bright side - with our connections at Liverpool we might be picking up Carroll on loan in twelve months time. He would certainly adorn our bench.
  • Options
    SSN suggest that there will also be 'other payments' on top of 'the fee in excess of £35m'. In short, we could be hitting the £40m mark. In which case, Carroll really might be the fifth-most expensive player in the history of football by the end of the day (or higher).

wtf?!!!!
  • Options

if true I reckon it is Fergusson just trying to piss off Dalglish ... "Welcome back son!"

If we have had work permit rejected for a centre half, would not be surprised if it were El Kakouri, can't see how he would get a work permit now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Chris Dickson came on at HT the other day, scored a hat-trick and got an assist according to his Twitter.

he writes like a retard, just been trying to read some of his posts.

"CAFC aint doin too bad n wid Uncle Powell at da helm da only way iz up!!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exclusive: Hibs set to land Charlton strike Sodje
    Monday, 31 January 2011

By Richard Cawley
    HIBERNIAN are hoping to conclude a deal for Charlton striker Akpo Sodje before the January transfer window closes tonight.
    The Addicks forward was told last week by boss Chris Powell that he could leave The Valley after the recent arival of Bradley Wright-Phillips and Nathan Eccleston on loan from Liverpool.
    And the South London Press understands that SPL outfit Hibs are closing in on an agreement for Sodje.
    Follow us on Twitter - @SLPsport.
  • Options
    Man Utd, Adam thing has just been rubbished!

Just waiting for someone to rubbish the hoax about Carroll being worth £40m!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Man Utd, Adam thing has just been rubbished!

Just waiting for someone to rubbish the hoax about Carroll being worth £40m!

Sky sports talk absolute rubbish most of the time. Earlier Torres was on his way to Chelsea by helicopter, then it changed to 'Chelsea have one ready if they can agree a deal'
    Then Carroll was on his way to the north west for talks after a 35m fee was agreed. Now it's "Newcastle have broken their silence on the Andy Carroll saga - and have said a second bid from Liverpool has been rejected"

if they keep at it, they might get one right.
  • Options
    According to BBC Radio Sheffield, Rotherham have rejected a bid for Adam Le Fondre from Huddersfield
  • Options
    The deadline day is purely for SSN. A lot of deals will be concluded in the next few days anyway

DEADLINE DAY
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]According to BBC Radio Sheffield, Rotherham have rejected a bid for Adam Le Fondre from Huddersfield

No surprise that someone has come in for him, though Rotherham will want a large amount. Too good for that level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]SSN suggest that there will also be 'other payments' on top of 'the fee in excess of £35m'. In short, we could be hitting the £40m mark. In which case, Carroll really might be the fifth-most expensive player in the history of football by the end of the day (or higher).

wtf?!!!!

Heard Spurs were after Forlan earlier. Probably for a fraction of the price. I know who I'd rather have.
  • Options
    26 year old Obafemi Martins joins Birmingham.

26 years old...yeah right.
  • Options
    With £50m for just staying in the PL plus more for the higher you finish. Maybe the £40m is all relative nowadays for a young striker with great potential.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]26 year old Obafemi Martins joins Birmingham.

26 years old...yeah right.

He's at least 30