Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Lets give him a bloody chance first. Plenty on here thought Ambrose was crap yet he became a real star at Palarse.

OK, but does that mean we should ignore, and refrain from mentioning, the fact that fans of other clubs where he has played think that he is not very good?

No of course not. I'm just expressing my opinion. I'd rather make my own mind up than listen to internet chatter from other fans sites.
  • Options
    Don't really care what other fans say about him. If he plays well then great. He deserves a clean slate when joining another team.
  • Options
    I see leeds have released Jason Crowe a right back originally from our manor?
  • Options
    Can I suggest you give some assessment to what exactly their opinions might be based on!

He has played just 8 games for Leeds - 4 months ago - These are the same Leeds fans who were crying out to get rid of Becchio last year!

Swansea fans will not be greatly impressed he turned them down to sign a 3 year deal with Leeds.

None of this means he is any better than we already have but we are crying out for cover down the left - what happens if Fry is recalled or is injured?

At the moment we have to disrupt the entire balance of the side putting Jackson at left back. If Jackson is injured what then?
  • Options
    From twitter:

"Andy Carroll spotted at my dad's house yesterday. Oh no, hold on, that was my Auntie Carol!"
  • Options
    Aston Villa midfielder Isaiah Osbourne has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season.

I think he could be a very good signing for wednesday!
  • Options
    this one is gonna be the classic ... Ive got a feeling about this guy... we bring him in, we sort him out and BANG hes a f****** magician...

you watch sunshine...

top banana
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]this one is gonna be the classic ... Ive got a feeling about this guy... we bring him in, we sort him out and BANG hes a f****** magician...

you watch sunshine...

top banana

Have you had feelings of this kind before? If so, what was the outcome?
  • Options
    Bent... you know the rest...
  • Options
    and no not Marcus...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember having a similar feeling about Martin Pringle, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
  • Options
    Funnily enough, I had a feeling like this about Rommedahl too........
  • Options
    I thought john barnes was gona keep us up..
  • Options
    Mascot I'm lost
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]I remember having a similar feeling about Martin Pringle, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

same!
  • Options
    Pringle was a genius...

We are buying players again... without selling.. this guy is gonna be dynamite...
  • Options
    Adriano Basso the Goalkeeper who was linked with us has signed for Wolves according to Sky .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]D Bent latest...

Quality signing IMO, I'll keep a close eye on him from now on, my family are from Lincoln, always had a soft spot for them and I'm sure he'll do great things for them there, good luck Benty boy!
  • Options
    Luton Midfielder Drury to Ipswich
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have thought, given his career history that he is likely to be comfortable in League 1 and we really need a proper left back. If I'm going to trust anybody's judgement on a left back Chris Powell would be the one! All in all, very good news. If Fry is going back, we may need further cover defensively but if not - I'm pretty happy with what we have at the moment- anybody else in would be a bonus.
  • Options
    One more centre back and a creative centre mid please!!
  • Options
    Pool's bid for Carroll rejected according to BBC.

If I was Newcastle, I'd have taken £30m for him. He's having a very good season, but I doubt he'll ever fetch more than that and I doubt even more that he's worth it or irreplacable for a lot less.

£30m for a striker who has 1/2 a season of good form behind him at the top level, is injured AND is being signed by a manager who is only in charge until the summer is just ludicrous money
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Pool's bid for Carroll rejected according to BBC.

If I was Newcastle, I'd have taken £30m for him. He's having a very good season, but I doubt he'll ever fetch more than that and I doubt even more that he's worth it or irreplacable for a lot less.

£30m for a striker who has 1/2 a season of good form behind him at the top level, is injured AND is being signed by a manager who is only in charge until the summer is just ludicrous money
    Not sure what's more crazy, Liverpool budding it or Newcastle rejecting it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigSam_Cafc[/cite]One more centre back and a creative centre mid please!!

This!

I would have liked osbourne from villa but our rivals seem to have got him :(

We need someone with a bit of magic that can create a goal out of nothing (Bit like danny murphy did for us on numerous occasions)
  • Options
    SSN Breaking News: Fernando Torres' transfer to Chelsea has broken down after John Terry failed to agree terms with Torres' wife...
  • Options
    LOL, very good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Pool's bid for Carroll rejected according to BBC.

Well there's no time left to get a replacement in, he's just signed a 5 year deal, plus he'll be the England centre forward for the forseeable future, so i can see why they rejected it. If they do decide to sell in the summer, they'll have other clubs interested and i'm sure they'll still get £30m or so.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BigSam_Cafc[/cite]One more centre back and a creative centre mid please!![/quote]

This!

We need someone with a bit of magic that can create a goal out of nothing (Bit like danny murphy did for us on numerous occasions)[/quote]

Yes 100% Danny Green has been linked with us quite often over the window but its probably just rumours, we need someone who can do as you said make goals from nothing, if we're gunna stand more of a chance of going up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BigSam_Cafc[/cite]One more centre back and a creative centre mid please!![/quote]

This!

We need someone with a bit of magic that can create a goal out of nothing (Bit like danny murphy did for us on numerous occasions)[/quote]

Yes 100% Danny Green has been linked with us quite often over the window but its probably just rumours, we need someone who can do as you said make goals from nothing, if we're gunna stand more of a chance of going up.