Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]SSN suggest that there will also be 'other payments' on top of 'the fee in excess of £35m'. In short, we could be hitting the £40m mark. In which case, Carroll really might be the fifth-most expensive player in the history of football by the end of the day (or higher).

wtf?!!!!

Heard Spurs were after Forlan earlier. Probably for a fraction of the price. I know who I'd rather have.

I heard earlier in the week that Forlán didn't want to give England another crack and was more than happy in Spain for as long as he can be. May be rubbish but there you go, interesting to see what happens.
  • Options
    "Leicester say they are bringing in Nigerian Daniel Uchechi, also on loan, subject to Football League approval." (BBC)
  • Options
    apparently Newcastle have rejected the improved offer.

what the hell is going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So are we done with the signings now? Or can we expect one more before 11pm?
  • Options
    El Kharkouri....now there's a thought. Wonder how old he is now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]El Kharkouri....now there's a thought. Wonder how old he is now.

34, 35 in July.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]So are we done with the signings now? Or can we expect one more before 11pm?

Hopefully the latter, we need one and that is assuming we keep Fry and we could do with a couple out as well
  • Options
    Shirty...he fits the age profile for a CAFC centre-back quite well then?! I'd have him....good cover for Semedo too.
  • Options
    There's conjecture on twitter that Carroll is flying to Liverpool imminently and that the latest knockback is Ashley playing for time to get a replacement on loan (suggested Crouch if Spurs are moving), not a rejection of the offer.

It's all going to go like dominos.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]26 year old Obafemi Martins joins Birmingham.

26 years old...yeah right.

He's at least 30

Celestine Babayaro (ex chelsea) said he played in the Nigeria u'21s with Martins. Babayaro has got to be approaching 40 now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]"Leicester say they are bringing in Nigerian Daniel Uchechi, also on loan, subject to Football League approval." (BBC)[/quote]

Thought that name was familiar!
  • Options
    Have we ever been successful at a work permit hearing?

re. Dizzle and Babayaro PMSL
  • Options
    looked it up Dizzle... Babayaro is 32 so if he played as an "older u21" Martins would've had to have been about 15/16... possible I suppose!
  • Options
    First time I've seen SSN deadline day in a while and it's so over the top
  • Options
    Adam to Liverpool now.
  • Options
    Andy Carrol and Charlie Adam on there way to Liverpool, just been on SSN
  • Options
    Liverpool's 35M bid for Carroll now accepted after the striker put in a transfer request.
  • Options
    this is the best deadline day ever

i can picture ashley now in the toon boardroom; shirtless and doing shots of aftershock with pardew as they fall about laughing and playing chicken with liverpool on the phone. kind of like the russian roulette bit of the deer hunter meets drunken bakers
  • Options
    Pardew has a few hours to find a replacement, potentially quite big chequebook- this could be interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carrol is not worth £35 million, Newcasle have ripped Liverpool off big time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]First time I've seen SSN deadline day in a while and it's so over the top

Is Jim White on there yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    'Kin Hell!!!!!

If you'd said at the start of the season Adam and Carroll would be sold to the tune of £50 million! Well words fail me.

Football,and especially Liverpool, on it's arris.
  • Options
    cracking description Rothko
  • Options
    Jim White on at 8pm I think they said.

Great.....
  • Options
    Given Allez's link to the story on overage Nigerian footballers, you don't think that Andy Carroll is actually... nah, not the way he behaves.
  • Options
    Nistelroy allegedly on way to Newcastle
  • Options
    How long before Carroll gets caught up in a fight in Liverpool town centre?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Pardew has a few hours to find a replacement, potentially quite big chequebook- this could be interesting.

Stuart Fleetwood it is then!
  • Options
    Chris Kamara reckons that it's Torres for £48m plus Anelka.