Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    Johnson won't be coming here !
  • Options
    Would love him to come here. Everything crossed
  • Options
    There's more chance of us signing Michael Johnson from Man City than of me winning the lottery Wednesday night!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]save me trawling through this thread, have we signed anyone aprt from Bessone?

No
  • Options
    No salad just the Leeds left back
  • Options
    More chance of signing Michael Johnson the athlete from USA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]There's more chance of us signing Michael Johnson from Man City than of me winning the lottery Wednesday night!

Well done, funnily enough the lottery is very hard to win!
  • Options
    Johnson leave off
  • Options
    Just phoned him.

The issue with us, apparently, is overuse. City dont want him playing more than once a week. They still rate him and are very concerned about wrecking his rehab.

Apparently 4 clubs interested, us, Leeds, Hudderdfield and a n other. Cousin reckons it is a complicated deal and if anything happens with him it will be next week as there wont be enough time to finalise a deal.

Will post more if he hears anything else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Just phoned him.

The issue with us, apparently, is overuse. City dont want him playing more than once a week. They still rate him and are very concerned about wrecking his rehab.

Apparently 4 clubs interested, us, Leeds, Hudderdfield and a n other. Cousin reckons it is a complicated deal and if anything happens with him it will be next week as there wont be enough time to finalise a deal.

Will post more if he hears anything else.

Thanks for info, that's probably us then, not many deals just appear in the last 2 hours with no leads... you get a few but not many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies of this has already been mentioned elsewhere but former Charlton youngster Harry Pell has gone on loan from Brizzle R to Hereford.
  • Options
    That would be ridiculously good, unrealistic, amazing... please dont be talking bollocks!
  • Options
    Michael Johnson would get me seriously excited. Before his injury I thought he was quality.
  • Options
    Akpo Sodje to Benfica
  • Options
    By the way Clem, if the Johnson thing came off by some miracle, you would have Charlton Life scoop of the century!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Akpo Sodje to Benfica

on holiday?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]save me trawling through this thread, have we signed anyone aprt from Bessone?

Dont be lazy, trawl like the rest of us ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Akpo Sodje to Benfica

Cue that hacked Benfica website.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]By the way Clem, if the Johnson thing came off by some miracle, you would have Charlton Life scoop of the century!

My cousin has no reason to lie. He knows a few agents who used to visit his restaurant. He has only ever mentioned Danny Murphy to me in the past and anyone that knows me will testify I passed that info on 3 days before the story broke.

Suspect we will get "outbid" by a northern club. Having said that, his lack of fitness might mean he ends up going nowhere.
  • Options
    What position does he play? Forgive ignorance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]By the way Clem, if the Johnson thing came off by some miracle, you would have Charlton Life scoop of the century!

My cousin has no reason to lie. He knows a few agents who used to visit his restaurant. He has only ever mentioned Danny Murphy to me in the past and anyone that knows me will testify I passed that info on 3 days before the story broke.

Suspect we will get "outbid" by a northern club. Having daid that, his lack of fitness might mean he ends up going nowhere.

Not doubting the link fella. Would be a huge coup and would love it to happen. At the very least it suggests we're looking at high quality players.
  • Options
    Fromm BBC

TheClapperBored on Twitter: "Just saw a bloke on the train wearing a Charlton tracksuit. Didn't recognise him. Probably just a fan."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]Fromm BBC

TheClapperBored on Twitter: "Just saw a bloke on the train wearing a Charlton tracksuit. Didn't recognise him. Probably just a fan."

How come Jim hasn't mentioned it on Sky? Can't be true, surely???

Just checked the OS. No sign of it yet.

Sooooo excited.
  • Options
    spurs interested in phil neville.

you gotta laugh
  • Options
    @CafcSayer Sorry to disappoint you but no, it wasn't Michael Johnson. To be honest he didn't much look like a footballer...

Had to ask :p
  • Options
    My only worry about signing loans next week is would they be able to play in the play offs if their deal could only last for 90 odd days??
  • Options
    Borrowdale played in the play offs, normally deals have the option to cover the play offs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]My only worry about signing loans next week is would they be able to play in the play offs if their deal could only last for 90 odd days??

A bigger problem would be the recall clauses that they will entail

Maybe not that big a deal if we are talking about PL players but if we are loaning from Championship clubs then it's not ideal to have in mind that all it takes a change of manager and they could be offski

Really hoped for a permanent signing today
  • Options
    CAFC OFFICIAL TWITTER SAYS BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]CAFC OFFICIAL TWITTER SAYS BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS
    Akpo to Hibs?