Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Girlfriend's First Game

13»

Comments

• I think you'll find that wasn't Stephanie's first game.
    ;o)
  • Ha, well I cant believe how well that went. She loved it, was even shouting louder than me! Im fairly sure that game had everything, down at half time always makes a win all the sweeter. Abbot played very well when he came on (after me carefully explaining that he was a bit of a donkey), BWP looked sharp and ecc was quality on the wing especially for goal 2. All but 1 goal in front of us and good attacking football.

Her words on the way home; "can we go again soon?"

That'll be one more Charlton fan added to the ranks then...
  • Good news is it'll only cost you a fiver to buy her a ticket for the next home game.
  • Taking my wife and youngest son (5) to The Valley today. My wife has seen us play once before, at a certain play off final in 98, and that didn't even inspire her to go again so I dont hold out much hope for her. For my son on the other hand, I really would like a win.

Come On You Reds
  • I took my girlfriend to the game against Carlisle, a couple of months back. I believe we drew 1-1. Horrific game to take someone to, by all standards.

Thankfully she's a neutral footy fan (loves the WC/internationals, but can't name many players to save her life) and she said she hopes I ask her to go again, sometime soon. So for that reason alone, I won't ask her for about a year (keep 'em keen and all that..) =P
  • edited April 2011
    My nephew is an actor, currently appearing at the Unicorn theatre, in Tooley Street, he is also a charlton supporter, he met a girl in New York last year and is now engaged, I met her yesterday and Liam is bringing her to the match today for her first experience of "Soccer", they are going to be in the Upper West North - should be interesting experience for her.

CORRECTION Upper North- I'm in the Upper West
  • upper west? not going to bring her back that mate
  • I took my then girlfriend (now wife) to our 1-0 home loss to Wycombe in the carling cup. We sat in the north stand, and it was so bad that she threw up all night. She also thought that all of the "Reed Out!" abuse was standard match-day banter.

I managed to force her to go to another match a few years later - 1-1 draw at Carrow Road, when we had a defender sent off. I'm hoping that if I can convince her to go again, we'll win next time out.