Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton XI v Ashford United - Monday 21st Feb

Comments

• 3-2 Popo with his second
  • Good game!
  • Sounds a boring game! Thanks for the updates.

What's the story with someone else and one other? Not named or just missed their names?
  • Who is there from our coaching/management team?
  • Couldn't hear their names Henners. We've hit the post and Waggy has forced a good save out of the Ashford keeper. Solly doesn't look fit at all, Harriott having a good game.
  • Ben Roberts is here as is Erol Umut the physio, plus a couple of the under 18 guys I think. Powell spotted in the bar apparantly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ross[/cite]Ben Roberts is here as is Erol Umut the physio, plus a couple of the under 18 guys I think. Powell spotted in the bar apparantly.

I know managing us is stressful but I am a bit worried that he has turned to the drink so early in his tenure
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-2 Popo I think.

Powell and Dyer sporting fetching hats yet again.
  • 5-2 Wagstaff
  • Wagstaff subbed. Different Ashford side this half.
  • Solly playing left back this half.
  • 6-2 Solly
  • 7-2 Bradley Jordan
  • See if we can hang onto this lead
  • Just wondering why Waggy is playing in the kids team so to speak ... just to get game minutes under his belt?
  • 7-2 full time
  • Cheers for the updates Rpss.

Hope it raised some decent money.
  • Sponsored links:

• 472 there tonight, so a decent lot of money for Maxine.

Had a chat with Waggy when he came off. Was very disappointed about Saturday, and said that no one was to blame individually, was a team thing. But he's very optimistic about the rest of the season.

Was great to see a lot of Addicks down here tonight.
  • Thanks for the updates.
  • http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/reservesdetail/0,,10267~2299335,00.html

Report now on the OS.

Goalscorers a bit different compared to here - Popo produced a trio of typically composed finishes, and there were further strikes from Scott Wagstaff, Chris Solly, Callum Harriott and Adebayo Azeez as Charlton eased to the win.

The two Ashford goals were scored by Paul Burt, who was in our academy a few years ago.
  • Is Popo the real deal or another James Walker?

Seems to score a lot of goals.
  • I got Bradley Jordan wrong, but that was going off the tannoy announcer.

Paul Burt is still a good player....I used to play with him for High Halden when we were 11. He was released by us at the end of the 2005/06 season.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Is Popo the real deal or another James Walker?

Seems to score a lot of goals.

I've seen him a couple of times and he hasn't really floated my boat but the subsequent reports of games I saw him in didn't really talk about him so I just assume they were off-days.
    I could see there is a decent player in there - fast and strong and pretty good technique - but might need to fill out or grow a little.
  • He looked okay last night. However the Ashford team was put together purely for last night's game. Something of a trial I guess as they try to piece together a squad for next season and going back into a league. So he wasn't exactly up against top quality opposition. Plus the pitch is awful at Homelands, which doesn't allow for a good passing game. Was very bitty last night.
  • I was a mascot as Ashford once.
  • I remember the good old days at Ashford back in the 90s. Neil Cugley as manager, Dave Arter and Nicky Dent up front, Jeff Ross, Jason Wheeler and Carlton Wynter in the middle, and Mo Munden in goal.

Nearly beating Fulham in the FA Cup until a certain Mr D'Urso gave 2 late penalties, 1500 watching vs Dagenham & Redbridge at home, drew 1-1, beat them at their place and then travelled to Watford. Lost 5-0 at Vicarage Road, but a great day out.

Then I discovered Charlton.