Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

13»

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]well they started chanting at us your only here for a fiver. we wacked out our season tickets and they shut up... yeah the non-regualars was there and around 60 regualars i would say who chanted throughout the game. Charlton fans got blamed by the steward for the trouble when it was the Exeter lot at the back that tried to push through the line of stewards when they scored.[/quote]

Now there is a shock Stewards again LOL
  • How much money did our club make last Saturday?.
  • I will be back, prob. for the Carlise game. Must admit I enjoyed Saturday (Sorry). A lot of us thought it was are best ever away victory in front of such a big crowd.

Anyway come ye addicks a play off place is there for the taking,get behind the team.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]respect to the airman and everyone else ....
    it doesn't just happen and well done to the pro active possee

Hear, Hear
  • Would add to the comments above on congratulating Airman and all those involved in making it happen.

I was in the Upper North and to be honest I thought the atmos was much better than normal (I did have a few pints beforehand though!). It just needed a better performance from the team and a goal in the first half and we'd have been laughing.

Yes, only Charlton would let us down on the big day (we all knew that might happen!), but only Charlton would think about putting on something like this and getting people through the turnstiles. Still makes me proud to be an Addick
  • Would add that Airman Brown would have to be up there in the top 5 for the people most responsible for the ressurection of Charlton in the last 20 years. Nothing but respect. A real doer and although we are having a dip, with the likes of him, Varney and RM at the club, along with the new investment / ideas, i'm sure it won't be long before the dip is over.
  • yeah the result on the pitch was disappointing, but surely the success regardless of the result was always going to be a crowd of this size at the valley against a nothing team. Nobody and i mean nobody at this club would have expected the near hysteria that developed in the build up to this game. so we lost, big deal we've lost other games. this result off the pitch may just remind other pretenders that charlton are still a big club in any league. success will come again and when it does, so will the fans.
  • Really encouraging gate. I dont think any of us thought it would reach that when the offer was announced. All positive , except for the result. Well done airman and everyone
  • My first game had a big build up, a big crowd (compared with the average) and was a real anti-climax....and I kept coming to games for the next 25+ years. So there will be some who stick with it. But, the club has to be careful not to over-do the cheap tickets because us season holders are going to feel a little hard done by, especially now that some of us have bought (admittedly at our own risk) the 5 year ticket and have been told that we've paid more than people will be charged next season.
  • The match was reasonably entertaining and if we start getting results again, some may want to return to see us win. The weather was poor and I've no doubt that a lot of people who might have gone along probably decided to give it a miss so just under 25k was excellent.

I think we need a follow up offer in a month or so and hopefully we will get a better performance. I think if the weather is kinder we could do better rather than worse. You can get out of habits and you can also get into them and there are worse ways of spending a saturday afternoon with your children.

My son's friend enjoyed it - I'd say the people who didn't enjoy it were more likely to be the hard core fans like us.
  • Sponsored links:

• MuttlteyCAFC makes a good point that the people who enjoyed least would be the ones who actually cared about the result. If in a month we could have a £10-£13 style thing it would be good.