Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mrs Brown's Boys

Comments

• Options
    Every fibre of my being said I'd not like it when the mrs put it on, but laughed out loud several times despite myself
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Right up my street! loved every minute.
    As Curbit_it said the waxing scene was hilarious.
  • Options
    Heard a lot about this so watched the first 2 it last night on catch up .

Loved it funny as feck, i was laughing out loud at so many parts.

Love the fact they leave the screw ups in it

Amazing
  • Options
    Drunk old man slumped in chair in the left/front of the stage, daft lad and lead character getting into all kinds of scrapes. Tried and tested Irish comedy formula.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Drunk old man slumped in chair in the left/front of the stage, daft lad and lead character getting into all kinds of scrapes. Tried and tested Irish comedy formula.

still funny though.
  • Options
    I don't think the old man is drunk, and not really sure what you're talking about with the "daft lad" - the son who dresses up as squirrel/cigarette etc? He's nowhere near the Dougal Maguire level.

Also "lead character getting into all kinds of scrapes" is tried and tested comedy, not just Irish comedy.

It's not groundbreaking, but it's also not that formulaic
  • Options
    I have seen all three episodes now, the comedy ranges from slapstick to predictable to inventive to surprising, with the use of stupidity, verbal tricks, and corny situations....but somehow it works for me. I like the pace, the attitude, the huge relish and kind of innocence of it. Not particularly subtle or 'knowing', a long way from the superb Office, but really good.The laughter isn't canned as they clearly play to a live audience, and at times it has reduced me to hysterics....a welcome event in the week for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PaulCAFC[/cite]The canned laughter was like something from the 60's -bits of the programme were quite funny though!

As Seth said it's filmed live in front of an audience !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I've watched 2 episodes and some clips. I thought the first episode I saw was hilarious, last night's hardly raised a titter from me. But all the clips were very funny.

[cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]The old man walked in other night while I was watching it and asked, 'whatcha watching this for?'

'dunno, it's crap' i responded

'so why ya watching he' he asked

'can't stop' was my response

by the time the show had finished me and him were in stitches and couldn't quite understand why

Very similar to me and son - he was watching when I came in last night.

Dad?
  • Options
    Don't forget this. Monday 10.35 BBC1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm looking forwad to tonights episode, after the weekend and addicks losing again I need something to make me laugh!!! Just hope its as funny as last week and doesnt flatter to decieve!!!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    What a let down....I thought last nights episode wasnt a patch on last weeks, I hope it improves again next week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]What a let down....I thought last nights episode wasnt a patch on last weeks, I hope it improves again next week!

Agreed - I was beginning to wonder what I saw in it last night.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]What a let down....I thought last nights episode wasnt a patch on last weeks, I hope it improves again next week![/quote]

Agreed - I was beginning to wonder what I saw in it last night.[/quote]

Thought last night was really funny
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]What a let down....I thought last nights episode wasnt a patch on last weeks, I hope it improves again next week!

This
  • Options
    love the show thought i was as good
  • Options
    This series has been out for a while, got it on Amazon for about £15 last year, a right good larf...
  • Options
    Another series finished on Saturday night..gonna miss it, can't wait for the next one.....find it very very funny.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    thought this years series was better than last.......very funny again and love the 'cock-ups'....hope its back soon....apparently they take it on tour....wouldnt mind seeing it live
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw the one where Mrs Brown is waxing her lady part. She goes into the broom cupboard so that none of her kids catch her. Whilst in the broom cupboard her friend tells her what to do from the outside of the cupboard. (Friend) 'You need to spread the wax over the area' (Mrs Brown) 'Ohhh the smell' (Friend) 'is the cold wax smelly?' (Mrs Brown) 'No i can't even get the fecking thing open' LOL. Check it out on You tube.
  • Options
    I like it because it's genuinely funny using slapstick along with a good dollop of pathos plus it's well written and performed.
  • Options
    Discovered this UTube clip based on the stage show before it appeared on television:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSaWW9vuow&list=PL716B7EEB36ABCCB8&index=2&feature=plpp_video
  • Options
    @Mckforester - thanks for that mate.....brilliant set of sketches...its the ad-libs that make it even funnier.
  • Options
    Mrs Brown on Acid was one of the funniest things i had seen in a long time. Literally squealing with laughter. Not everyones cup of team i imagine.
  • Options
    Can't work out how to simply paste in a "hyperlink" or whatever its called! Pasted in the Utube address but ended as above - if that makes sense. Sorry but not very computer savvy. Any advice welcomed.
  • Options
    That clip above was the first I saw of them a couple of years ago......absolutely superb and following from that I've seen them live in Birmingham and London.

The live shows are definiterly worth doing, even more cock ups and more of Mrs Brown (Brendan O' Connel) ad libbing without the others expecting it.

Agree this TV series has been better than the last.

I think they are on tour in London very soon.
  • Options
    Yes in June, i have tickets.
  • Options
    Love the show. Have to rewind so many times because I've missed parts while laughing so hard. Have a good friend out in Dubai who just happened to mention she had caught an episode on TV out there and loved it to bits. Sent her the DVD for the first series and she was in tears over the weekend watching it.

I can see how it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's simple, unadulterated fun and you can see how much the cast love working on it. Feckin' brilliant :-)
  • Options

I think they are on tour in London very soon.
    That's nice : )