Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mrs Brown's Boys

Comments

• Options
    The Mrs likes it.
    I think it's shite 
  • Options
    WTF?!@ .... it is the worst, most unbearable thing ever in the history of humanity

• Options
    Salad said:
    WTF?!@ .... it is the worst, most unbearable thing ever in the history of humanity

Don't beat about the bush; say what you mean!

I watched about five minutes of a Christmas special a few years ago and that was enough. If that's the best comedy then what are the rest like? I think the forty fifth repeat of On The Buses would be a more worthy recipient.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Congratulations to Mrs Brown's Boys on winning the Best Comedy awards at the NTAs last night. 
    Who decides that? 

Fucking awful programme.
    The British voting public.  Keeping up their remarkable recent record. 
    Ah okay, makes sense. I'd imagine most of the voters are middle aged women that find that shite funny.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Salad said:

a gross overstatement .. BUT in the context of this discussion, almost warranted ((:>) .. never underestimate the British public's taste for ugly men dressing up as ugly women and laughing at them ..blame ancient Greek & Elizabethan (numero uno) theatre  
  • Options
    Did it really beat Fleabag and Derry Girls which are two of my favourite comedies since... er since Mrs Browns Boys!  

Surprised by that.  I will have to go and see who was in the running.
  • Options
    Watched it once, that was once to many.
  • Options
    Winning a NTA is on a par with winning a charity Sheild medal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Without wishing to over exaggerate, and I don't believe I do when I say:

This is without doubt the worst excuse for a programme in the history of the world. It is entirely without any plus points, and the apparent attempt at humour in it, is a complete disregard to any individual with any kind of intelligence.

I am yet to find anyone that finds it remotely funny, yet somehow it continually wins 'awards'. Who are these absolute muppets, and why does this garbage continue to exist?
  • Options
    Dressing up as a an old woman and saying 'Feck' really isn't funny. 
  • Options

This is without doubt the worst excuse for a programme in the history of the world. It is entirely without any plus points, and the apparent attempt at humour in it, is a complete disregard to any individual with any kind of intelligence.

I am yet to find anyone that finds it remotely funny, yet somehow it continually wins 'awards'. Who are these absolute muppets, and why does this garbage continue to exist?

I used to find it funny, though I've not watched in a while.  So if you want to call me a muppet to my face i can meet you down Makro's from about 6.15 onwards.  Beware of dyer Consequences! 

Everyone has different comedy tastes... though i wouldnt have voted for it as best comedy.  I agree thats odd. 

Just wondering, do men find Fleabag funny?  
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fleabag is brilliant - and funny
  • Options
    Absolute crock of 💩 

Even they seemed embarrassed to win over Flea bag, Afterlife and Sex Education. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I've gone and had a brief look at twitter to see what people think... "it is everything that is wrong with our country".  "A metaphor of the British voting public".... "anyone considers that as comedy is what is wrong with humanity".

What a bunch of snobby arseholes.  Glad it won now.

I wonder whether the people that are raging about this voted?
  • Options
    If it makes people laugh then it's doing something good.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I used to find it funny, though I've not watched in a while.  So if you want to call me a muppet to my face i can meet you down Makro's from about 6.15 onwards.  Beware of dyer Consequences! 

Everyone has different comedy tastes... though i wouldnt have voted for it as best comedy.  I agree thats odd. 

Yep, it's great. I'm kinda of amazed that anyone could find both Fleabag and MBBs funny - they seem to appeal to completely different kinds of humour. I find MBB's popularity mystifying but then again I find a lot of things mystifying. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

• Options
    Jints said:
    Curb_It said:

Yep, it's great. I'm kinda of amazed that anyone could find both Fleabag and MBBs funny - they seem to appeal to completely different kinds of humour. I find MBB's popularity mystifying but then again I find a lot of things mystifying. 
    Bit condescending that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from @Curb_It I must be the only one one here who likes it. 

My mum (who has a similar sense of humour to me) said that the first time she properly laughed after my dad died was watching it.
  • Options
    I liked Year Of The Rabbit and Motherland, must admit never saw Fleabags
  • Options
    I don't think it's as funny as many of the voting public seem to think but I also don't think it's anywhere near as bad as a lot of the people on here think. Different strokes and all that...
  • Options
    Apart from @Curb_It I must be the only one one here who likes it. 

My mum (who has a similar sense of humour to me) said that the first time she properly laughed after my dad died was watching it.
    It's made me laugh on the rare occasions I've watched it. A lot of the humour in it is a bit pantomine and not that demanding - it's an easy watch. I understand why people like it.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Curb_It said:
    Probably not as the voting lines were advertised during normal working hours on day time tv. 

It's a shame it's getting this backlash but it certainly caters for a particular audience. Any of the others were more worthy candidates.
  • Options
    I have liked it in the past but now find it meh.

I have laughed  until it hurt watching early shows but now, if I watch, rarely even smile at it.

It’s jumped the shark.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Curb_It said:
    Probably not as the voting lines were advertised during normal working hours on day time tv. 

It's a shame it's getting this backlash but it certainly caters for a particular audience. Any of the others were more worthy candidates.
    Surprised people are bothered.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I have liked it in the past but now find it meh.

I have laughed  until it hurt watching early shows but now, if I watch, rarely even smile at it.

It’s jumped the shark.
    I agree with this.  I know i have stopped watching it but if it comes on when I'm at home, I wont switch over and I still chuckle along. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Jints said:
    Curb_It said:

Bit condescending that.

Apologies - wasn't intended to be.

Everyone's got a different sense of humour. I have no problem with people liking MBBs - there's lots of other stuff on TV
  • Options
    poll if anyone interested to see if a correlation ;-)

----------------------------------------
    A - don't like MBBs, was pro-REMAIN (in EU)
    A - love MBBs, was pro-LEAVE
    B - love MBBs, was pro-REMAIN
    B - don't like MBBs, was pro-LEAVE
    C - can take or leave MBBs, also not bothered either way on BREXIT
    D - other

vote A/B/C/D