Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kyel Reid

Really sad and shocking to see what has happened to him. Last time round or even
the season before that, I thought he was going to be a star for Charlton, an absolute star.
How times have changed!! Very sad indeed!

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2011
    im devastated
  • Options
    you could say the same about Wagstaff.
  • Options
    Best player then he twisted his ankle and Jackson scored all the goals.
  • Options
    Absolutely tore Bournemouth to shreds in the opening game of the season to the extent that I was convinced he'd be sold before the end of August. He scored a good solo goal in the FA Cup replay at home to Barnet but since then virtually nothing.

It's mighty mysterious.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Confidence destroyed by being in and out of the team and not being giving a settled run

Basically he's been charltonised
    Come here and we"ll make you play crap and the worse football of your career
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Confidence destroyed by being in and out of the team and not being giving a settled run

this
  • Options
    I'm not sure he was ever as good as some thought he was. He was let go by Sheff Utd, who are hardly setting the world alight this season.

For me he has no vision. When he has the ball he can run with it, but he can never look up and see a pass. This is ok if he is going to run and shoot all the time, and he does a bit of this, or get the the byline and cross it, but other than that he will run into trouble or I've I away.

I think the other teams managers have now worked him out. Don't let him get into a shooting position and you can be confident that he will, soon or later, I've you the ball back.

I think it's unfair to blame the club for this, especially when you are talking about a player that has never really done it elsewhere, and only showed limited flashes of ability before becoming rubbish.

I also think he thinks he is too good for his division. His petulance at being substituted just reinforces my belief that he thinks he is better than he, in fact, is.

Just my opinion, of course, but I wouldn't be all that bothered if he left in the summer.
  • Options
    No confidence and disillutioned from keep getting 10 mins at the end
  • Options
    This is an interesting one because I had hoped Powell might get the best out of him .

SCP played with him at West Ham so he would know Reidy better than we would . The Hammers also offered him a contract last season but Reidy choose to move on .

I agree that he has not been the player I had hoped to see this season , but as a left footer in Jacko's absence I still feel he might be worth a start as it gives us better balance .

I hope he finds form again because I agree he has looked woefull recently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kings Hill is close to the mark with Reid. I think he's another athlete that plays football, rather than a footballer. He makes poor decisions on the pitch and if defenders show him away from goal his threat is greatly reduced, he can't get a shot in and his crossing is erratic at best (dare I say it, Francis puts in consistenly better balls than Reid). Don't get me started on his corners!
  • Options
    Never rated him, a proper show pony who never seems to want to take the easy option.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Confidence destroyed by being in and out of the team and not being giving a settled run

Basically he's been Charltonised
    Come here and we"ll make you play crap and the worst football of your career

So true, look at Andy Gray now!
  • Options
    He has had an awful time recently when playing, maybe he has been Charltonised as said above.

However, you just know, we'll let him go somewhere and he'll shine and quite possibly be a really good Championship player eventually.
  • Options
    Yes! another one who promised much and has failed to deliver!
    A player of ability, and as others have posted been 'Charltonised'........
    Some times things just do not workout, he often speaks to some spectators behind the covered end goal, seems to be a player that
    has the right attitude, just a mystery to me!
  • Options
    :'(
  • Options
    Watching MotD and FL show last night you see the amount of ex Cafc players scoring when we couldn't get anything out of them.

Says alot about the coaching at this club in the past 5 years that we've gone through 70+ players and not one of them will in 10 years be remembered for being excellent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Never rated him, a proper show pony who never seems to want to take the easy option.

sorry mate but thats poop.

MK Dons away in JPT he was frightening. set up both goals and was easily the best player on the park. there have been games where he has done so much hard work and then looks up to see nobody in the box.

His form has dropped by a frightening extent but there is defo talent in there. as oohaah said he's been charltonised.
  • Options
    Thought he was overrated by some last season, this season seems he's underrated.

Very capable of being dangerous in this league. Exactly the kind of player that if we let go will do well in the right team.

If we can build a strong spine of the team in the summer we should get more out of players like Reid.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Amusing post, reminded me of a MadTv (US show similar to SNL) sketch about a young vibrant person who went to large American supermarket chain as a customer, ended up the sketch as a brain dead zombie member of staff craving living peoples brains. (or something like that)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Can only judge on what I've seen VG and in the games I've been to he's looked pretty bad to me.

Wins lots of throw-ins I guess....

edit: For what it's worth I don't think he's awful, just never understood many of the 'too good for this league' comments.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Basically he's been Charltonised
    Come here and we"ll make you play crap and the worst football of your career

So true, look at Andy Gray now!

To be fair Andy Gray was 'home sick'.

A synic would suggest that he came down to London for a massive pay rise and a month later decided he wanted to go back and wrangled for a move back, playing indiffenently, until he got one.

I know he had some personal issues, and I'm not suggesting that there was any foul play, but I think there is a good explanation as to why he was cack for us before going on to score for Barnsley.
  • Options
    I reckon it was the lack of chips and gravy or good old northern cup of tea KHA
  • Options
    Andy Gray had horrific personal problems when he was with us, the type most of us could not imagine and it was certainly more than he missed the North. If things had not been like that, maybe we would have seen the best of Gray.

Although his performances were not as good as we hoped for, it is incredibly unfair imho to say he was Charltonised.
  • Options
    I think the sort of player who needs a run - Told he won't be dropped for a few games and encouraged to enjoy himself. Nothing to lose now in doing this I suppose and he showed enough last season and the beginning of this to suggest that he can be very effective at this level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Andy Gray had horrific personal problems when he was with us, the type most of us could not imagine and it was certainly more than he missed the North. If things had not been like that, maybe we would have seen the best of Gray.

Although his performances were not as good as we hoped for, it is incredibly unfair imho to say he was Charltonised.

I think this was what I was trying to say, but he had been with us less than a month when it leaked that he was unhappy, and that was months before the 'personal issues' started.

Either way my real point is that this particular player (and his circumstances) were the reason for his performances, rather than the club.
  • Options
    I think the team didn't play to his strengths either. Big Chris gave us more but as we had paid so much for Gray we had to play him. Our chance of promotion pretty much ended with the sale of our playmaker anyway. The next season, the squad was so imbalanced it was criminal and it still didn't play to Gray's strengths.
  • Options
    Good lad and quality player, shame he only gets 10mins. But he does take a while to warm up but when he is he is good
  • Options
    Was delighted he signed at the beginning of the season but now thinking how wrong I was.

Aside from a couple of 15 minute spells he has done absolutely nothing all season apart from look out of condition and choose the wrong option/overplay. Why he fought so hard for a contract when all he wants to do is sit on it I have no idea.
  • Options
    To fund his clothing range