Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Slattery

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Chris the guy with a heart of gold .Spent many a match with him and his wife ,really was one off the old school.Glad to have been one off the younger ones on the away travel with him in the early 70s always was safe with Chris by your side,a very sad lose indeed.Standing in the Holt End with him with red and white colours singing Charlton songs while Villa played Sheff UTD IN A CUP TIE when the Port Vale game was called off will always stay with me.
    Rest in peace Chris and much strength to your family,glad to have stood with you in The Covered End.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your comments. Me and my mum are overwhelmed with how many people remember him. I have loved reading all your stories and its brought some lovely memories back to my mum. We will be bringing dad back to the valley very soon. I will post on here when just incase some of you would like to be there. Thank you all agin and im sure my dad is smiling where ever he is :) xxx
  • Options
    Charlotte, definately post it on here, I know my Dad would want to know, say hello to your mum from me.
  • Options
    is there anybody who could post a picture of Chris I'm sure I would know him he he was a regular away traveller in the old days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]is there anybody who could post a picture of Chris I'm sure I would know him he he was a regular away traveller in the old days.[/quote]

Same here, the name certainly rings a bell, but just can't place him at the moment.

Sincere condolences to his friends and family.
  • Options
    Go to search page and write in.......... Charlton on tour Tunisian Tournament 1975.........3 pictures appear press middle picture........Chris appears front row sitting first person on left....hat and sunglasses on .....
  • Options
    Out of interest anyone looked at the picture and if so can you place him.
  • Options
    Yes I looked and unfortunately I don't recognise him from that photo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I recognise him and he is sharing a joke with another Charlton face of that era who is also no longer with us Jimmy Jarrett.
  • Options
    I posted those pics (as I am in them as well) ... forgot that Chris was in them ... thanks for reminding me ... good to see again.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rummaging through a box of old photos, I've come across a team picture of LAC Rovers FC, taken in May 1974.
    Chris Slattery is in the lineup.

My scanner is well and truly defunct, so I've taken a photo of the photo. A little loss of definition but Chris is very recognisable, along with everyone else.

Trouble is, I can't remember how to post a pic on CL. Duh!

Anyone kind enough to remind me how to do it ..... or if all else fails, could somebody who does know how to do it whisper me their email address?
  • Options
    Oggy, click the 11th icon from the left (above comments box) - it allows you to insert image from your PC
  • Options
    Cheers, mate .... I'll have a go!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ?ui=2&ik=e2594043c1&view=att&th=12f59c4a1b46fd25&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=file0&zw

With thanks to Mr Stonemuse, we're ready to go!

Okay, here's the LAC Rovers FC team pic from May 1974.
    Chris Slattery is back row, 3rd from left. Now you old'uns will recognise him!

Might as well name and shame the rest of the line-up .....(!)

Back row (l to r):
    A dapper looking Les Turner (injured keeper), Alan "Mauler" Mason, Chris Slattery (capt), Keith Bratton,
    Derek Freeman, Nick Smith, John Ingram (keeper), David "Jamie" Jamieson, Trevor Ellis;

Front row:
    Nigel?, John Hall, Stuart Banks, the Oggster himself, Tony "Bones" Slattery (Chris' brother), John?

CL posters Eltham Addick and Charlton Carl might just recognise their Dads !!
  • Options
    Unfoertunately I can't see the pic !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Unfoertunately I can't see the pic !
    Oh, no!

It's large as life on my screen - I was feeling so pleased that I'd actually managed to post it.

Whisper me your email address - and I'll send it you direct
  • Options
    Oggy i cant see the pic but im sure i played in The Wild Geese Exiles cricket team with a few of those named.

Didnt they go onto play for Union 97 ?
  • Options
    Is it only me who can see the LAC Rovers photo of Chris Slattery........?

If so, I need a Plan B !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless it's a picture of white cows walking in the snow I can't see it...
  • Options
    Oggy, have whispered you my email address, I reckon the old man would like to see it !
  • Options
    Anybody else who can't see the team photo with Chris Slattery ...... and would like to see it?

Whisper me your email address - and I'll send you the pic direct to your inbox.
  • Options
    it's a great pic!!!
  • Options
    Sad to hear this. Remember Notts County away in the 70s, just before Christmas. Was in the Cattle Market bar and someone nicked the charity collecting tin off the bar. Chris and Keith Bratton arranged a whip round amongst supporters and probably ended up with more than was in the tin in the first place. Also remember several scrapes including being ambushed in a pub at Bristol City. Many memories.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]it's a great pic!!!

Danny, what did your Dad say when he saw it?
  • Options
    Remember him from away games. RIP
  • Options
    Returning to the coach at Halifax when we were set upon and some bricks were thrown. I think Chris's girlfriend (now wife?) was hit by a brick.
  • Options
    Solidgone
    Re Halifax away the brick just missed but got a guy called Geroge full in the mouth,Chris was first up the road after them with afew of us other guys with him.As i recall coach made a stop at local hospital and the nick .One person gave his real name and address to the old bill on the coach and found himself back in Halifax afew weeks later picking out the person who had thrown the brick.Happy Days.