Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Slattery

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]it's a great pic!!!

Danny, what did your Dad say when he saw it?

loved it, only came up fairly small on my laptop, gonna print it off big in work tomorrow....his eyes ain't what they used to be mate!
  • Options
    Nice one, mate ....... please pass on my regards to your Dad, when you see him next.
  • Options
    I can't see the photo either and I am sure I would recognise Chris. Those away days were a little before my time.

RIP Chris and my condolences to his family.
  • Options

Chris was a top man and an iconic figure both in the covered end and on the Lewis away day's... I played footie alongside him at LAC Rovers and against him at Union 97... I lived over the road from him Mum in Blackheath and knew him a little bit... a top man and a great loss RIP

• Options
    Lovely man Chris
  • Options
    Remember him really well from the 70s. 
    Both in the covered end and on Lewis coaches to away games. 
    A gentle giant of a man.
    Great photos. 
  • Options
    @Oggy Red
    do you still have the LAC Rovers 1974 team pic mate, just scrolled back on this thread and realise I've no idea where my copy went - lost in house/office moves and/or laptop changes.
  • Options
    RIP Chris
  • Options
    When there was trouble at away games we all stood around Chris. Immediately felt a lot safer! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Oggy Red

Would love to see a copy of that 1974 pic.if you get the time please inbox 

TIA 👍
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I seem to recall on an away at Halifax as we approached our coach at the end of the game it kicked off. As Chris’s girlfriend/wife was getting on the coach a brick hit her on the head. 
  • Options
    Remember an away day at Hull, after the game there were a mob of Hull fans ready to brick the windows of our coach, a face off took place until we heard a loud yell and saw Chris charging up the road the Hull fans took one look at him thought better of it and had on their toes.
    Chris saved the day again.
  • Options
    I believe the guy on the right is John Ingram, who writes a regular piece in VOTV.
  • Options
    I believe the guy on the right is John Ingram, who writes a regular piece in VOTV.
    Yes that's def Johnny Ingram...funnily enough his dad "aitch " used to slowly walk to the valley stricken with bad arthritis...nearly 50 years on i have seen John in the same situation..good lad is John 
  • Options
    My mum has loads of old pics, I’ll send them through soon x
  • Options
    Remember Chris well what a character him and Lewis Coaches will always be associated in my memories RIP Sir
  • Options
    Tremendous badge collection. The museum would love those, so would I.

Great pics. 
  • Options
    @Oggy Red
    do you still have the LAC Rovers 1974 team pic mate, just scrolled back on this thread and realise I've no idea where my copy went - lost in house/office moves and/or laptop changes.
    Yes, I do ...... as a proper hard print in a box of others.

I'm still stuck in France 'for Christmas' at the moment, but hopefully will be able to get back home Wednesday next week.

I should be able to find it and post it on here dreckly.
    Remind me in a week's time lest I forget.

• Options

Great pics. 
    Chris used to buy one at each away ground he attended.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I play golf with the nephew of Chris (also called Chris) who is another top bloke and he and all his family are Addicks. 
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    I play golf with the nephew of Chris (also called Chris) who is another top bloke and he and all his family are Addicks. 
    I did wonder if he was related. Lovely fella 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Great pics. 

so did I when I was young, I still have a pretty decent badge collection somewhere with some pretty obscure ones I reckon.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Great pics. 

so did I when I was young, I still have a pretty decent badge collection somewhere with some pretty obscure ones I reckon.
    Me too, on the red and white college scarf. Although when I last looked at the scarf the moths said its quite tasty!