Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone fancy a drink?

I have saved up my pennies and will be going on Saturday, anyone fancy a drink afterwards? I understand the Lib is the place to go, anyone else going? Can you get a decent pint in there?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]I have saved up my pennies and will be going on Saturday, anyone fancy a drink afterwards? I understand the Lib is the place to go, anyone else going? Can you get a decent pint in there?

Shepherd Neame in bottles and on draught.

There will be lots of lifers in the big bar to the left when you come in. Look out for the CL badges and slit wrists.

Come up and see me, make me smile.
  • You can get new 'Charltonised lager'
  • Always been the Bugle Horn for me. I often wish I'd stayed in there rather than stupidly walking down the hill to the game.
  • The way things are going at the moment I fancy some valium...
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]I have saved up my pennies and will be going on Saturday, anyone fancy a drink afterwards? I understand the Lib is the place to go, anyone else going? Can you get a decent pint in there?

Shepherd Neame in bottles and on draught.

There will be lots of lifers in the big bar to the left when you come in. Look out for the CL badges and slit wrists.

Come up and see me, make me smile.

Hopefully I will at last be able to buy my CL badge. You do do them in plastic don't you?
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]You can get new 'Charltonised lager'

Even I know that all lager was sh#t long b4 it got to Charlton!
  • A few lifers will bein the Lib club before the game as we are doing the sponsors draw at about 2pm.

I've got 'Charlton Eyes' and I ain't gonna drink that crap.
  • Hoping to get to the Orient match on Saturday ..... are they still selling real ale ('orrible term) at The Valley?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]A few lifers will bein the Lib club before the game as we are doing the sponsors draw at about 2pm.

Best not to let me have a drink before the game, I have the weakest bladder in Christendom.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Hoping to get to the Orient match on Saturday ..... are they still selling real ale ('orrible term) at The Valley?

You have to think of it more as Real in the Spanish sense, therefore it becomes Royal Ale or the King of beers ( I should work in marketing).

Is it flat with a bitter aftertaste of dissapointment?
  • Hemlock?
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Hemlock?

No, ex - Millwall.
  • Sounds like a good idea!, saga lout is on 'duty' so I will stop by,

I have my own 'charlton life' i phone graphic, will this gain me entry!
    or do I have to 'bung' the door geezers again!.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addicted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]You can get new 'Charltonised lager'

Is it flat with a bitter aftertaste of dissapointment?
    no, just bitter ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Not even a hand Shandy?
  • I could murder a pint now.
  • Cordoban, the Lib does the bulk of its trade pre match. Unless you are specifically meeting people I would recommend Bartrams or the. Oak post match
  • I to am hoping to venture to the Valley this Saturday courtesy of some birthday money recieved last weekend....sadly still no employment. Travelling down to see my mum first and then hoping to get to meet some CL's....what time do people get to the Lib club....and more importantly can someone confirm its on Charlton Church Lane?
    Hope to see some of you on Saturday....someone else can do the match thread this week!!!
    Will be my first visit since September 2009!
  • Sponsored links:

• They do have one of the best looking barmaids in the country in there as well, I'd like to know where she gets her good looks from?
  • I wanna agree with that but I don't wanna get myself into trouble!

Usually get in there half 12, 1. It is on Chalton Church Lane past Floyd Road if your coming up the hill.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I wanna agree with that but I don't wanna get myself into trouble!

Usually get in there half 12, 1. It is on Chalton Church Lane past Floyd Road if your coming up the hill.

Thanks Plaaayer.

Its starts off promising a lot, the occassional fizz & pop, normally flat after 20 minutes and certainly makes your head hurt and leaves a sour after taste.
    And its not Lager its definately a bitter. ; )
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]They do have one of the best looking barmaids in the country in there as well, I'd like to know where she gets her good looks from?

Her mother obviously.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]They do have one of the best looking barmaids in the country in there as well, I'd like to know where she gets her good looks from?

Her mother obviously.

She has a mother!
  • So what do I do? Would like to meet a few lifers, but probably wouldn't be able to get there much before the game, so is it the Lib, the Globe, Bartrams, the Oak? Should it be pre, post or during the game? What Clique should I identify with and why?
  • Henry, I set em' up, you finish em'

:-)

ps....................most definitely not.
  • DA9. She has your hair. ; - )

CA, I'll be the lib till about 2.40 and you can get a badge there. What more can you want?
  • "Badge", Henry ....... wasn't that a classic song by Cream?