Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone fancy a drink?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]Is the Lib on Charlton Church lane then?
    I'm looking for somewhere closer to the station for my pre-match drinks.

Out the station turn right up the hill, just past Floyd rd, 1st one on left is con club, next door is the Lib

So the Con club is to the right of the Lib club? Apparently there was a Lab club further up the road, but they sold out a few years ago.

Yes the good old Greenwich labour party, years ago thought that working class people should not be able to determine there day to life without the 'Stalinist dictates of micro management' including what colour you could paint your door, and if you could keep more than one budgie!. The patronising attitude, not only pissed off traditional labour party supporters and trade unionists, as well as party activists it ended up in loosing the seat to one Rosie Barnes. Charlton had a 'dose' of this, and I am sure that the airman will come on here and protest it was all a 'misunderstanding' . True the Labour party! misunderstood there bedrock supporters!
    Perhaps that is why some of us do not vote labour any more!.

Calm down Ken. Just saw it as an open goal for a gag. Must have been bad for people to vote in Rosie Barnes though. Was she Lib or SDP?
  • Options
    Think this week could be one i dont go in the Lib :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Think this week could be one i dont go in the Lib :-)

You can't resist. you can buy a CL badge if you like : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    Calm down Ken. Just saw it as an open goal for a gag. Must have been bad for people to vote in Rosie Barnes though. Was she Lib or SDP?

Fair enough..... The scars of that episode still remain though, especially when your mother is threatened with eviction!, and a good proportion of the party resigned!...... The claim that they were left wing is a bit of a smoke screen, my family were active trade unionists, especially my grandfather. It did divide the local Charlton community!

She was selected as SDP candidate for Greenwich in December 1986 after the previous candidate stood down, saying he did not want to be a "paper candidate" because the local SDP had decided to concentrate its efforts on keeping John Cartwright's seat in Woolwich. On Christmas Eve 1986, the Labour MP for the constituency (Guy Barnett) died, precipitating a by-election. The local Labour Party selected a left-wing candidate, and the Greenwich by-election held in February 1987 saw a deluge of canvassers, including many members of the Liberal Party, come from near and far to help her win the seat.......
  • Options
    The Liberal club is not a politically affiliated club, despite the name.

The name comes from the original co-operative/community based origins of the club, and reflected its attitude and not it's political leanings.

And another interesting fact, Paul Went, who played for both us & Orient, used to be our Courage Brewery rep, by christ, he has put on some timber.

DA9
    Former Lib club Secretary (true BTW)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Think this week could be one i dont go in the Lib :-)[/quote]

You can't resist. you can buy a CL badge if you like : - )[/quote]

Yeah your right i cant ill be there as normal

[quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]The Liberal club is not a politically affiliated club, despite the name.

The name comes from the original co-operative/community based origins of the club, and reflected its attitude and not it's political leanings.

And another interesting fact, Paul Went, who played for both us & Orient, used to be our Courage Brewery rep, by christ, he has put on some timber.

DA9
    Former Lib club Secretary (true BTW)[/quote]

Standards have improved since your day E ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Think this week could be one i dont go in the Lib :-)

You can't resist. you can buy a CL badge if you like : - )

Yeah your right i cant ill be there as normal
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]The Liberal club is not a politically affiliated club, despite the name.

DA9
    Former Lib club Secretary (true BTW)

Standards have improved since your day E ;-)

Of that I have no doubt :-)
  • Options
    Good to meet some lifers before the match.......
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I got my badge and got to meet and put a face to some names. AFKA, Len Glover and Oggy. Henry was not wearing a cardigan as far as I could tell. Not pretty faces though I might add ;0)'
  • Options
    Yes - something red and Portugese I think!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Good to meet some lifers before the match.......

Nice to meet you Ken........................
    Nice to see all the Lifers doing what they do best, (drink)
    A couple of them travelled some distance to watch the expected win and I daresay we wont see them again for while ; )
    I noticed Mr & Mrs RedArmyse7 or was it Mr & Mrs Plaaayer were there, I'm afraid I opted out when they offered to show their rings ; )
    A good day and a good 3 points.
  • Options
    Just so everyone knows I'm the man!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well what can I say....just got back home and what a day. My thanks to TCE for introducing me to many Lifers, good to put a face to a name, cant remember everyone I met, but good to meet Henry, AFKA, Dave Story, Curb It, Ken from Bexley, Adam the Addick, North stand Steve, Oggy Red, Cordoban Addick and Len Glover and many more that I apologise I can't remember, and to top it all I get to see a 3-1 victory and Semedo score!!

Drive home was a drag, but the victory and meeting everyone and getting the famous CL badge (thanks AFKA) made it all worthwhile....gonna pour a large glass of Shiraz and enjoy whats left of the evening.
    I'll put my thoughts on the match tomorrow and can for once join in on player scores!!
    Thanks to you all much appreciated for agreat day out.
    Will revert to match thread as from Tuesday
    Cheers RM
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Just so everyone knows I'm the man!

Aha, but so is Lawrence Llwelyn Bowen ; )
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I got my badge and got to meet and put a face to some names. AFKA, Len Glover and Oggy. Henry was not wearing a cardigan as far as I could tell. Not pretty faces though I might add ;0)'

Speak for yourself :-)

Good to meet you too.
  • Options
    Malcolm! Lovely to meet you. Glad you enjoyed your day. Sorry that you got stuck with TCE tho... :-)

Why did no nosey parker telly me who shootershillguru was tho?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Malcolm! Lovely to meet you. Glad you enjoyed your day. Sorry that you got stuck with TCE tho... :-)

We were talking dogs, and boring the ar5e off anyone that listened. : p
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Malcolm! Lovely to meet you. Glad you enjoyed your day. Sorry that you got stuck with TCE tho... :-)

We were talking dogs, and boring the ar5e off anyone that listened. : p

Damn this bl**dy cold: Sounds like a great day allround.
    & I missed Jose Vitor scoring......
  • Options
    Nice to meet RM & TCE (I now know more about "Germans" than any non dog lover should know!). Also good to meet Henry, AFKA and Bex Ken. Was hopping to meet Curb-it and her sack and Oggy but they obviously avoided me... Henry introduced me to a few more people but I didn't catch everybodies name, but now I know where you live drink.

Henners I have a potentially good work contact for you, once I have spoken to him to see if he is interested I will give you a whisper.

And we won!
  • Options
    rm, dont forget to put a good in a good word with your mrs younger sister for me sounds a lovely woman and tall too ;-) good to meet u mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]rm, dont forget to put a good in a good word with your mrs younger sister for me sounds a lovely woman and tall too ;-) good to meet u mate.

seeing her in two weeks time....she lives in Nottingham.....I'll gently enquire as to her current status....she was single as of last week!!