Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone fancy a drink?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]"Badge", Henry ....... wasn't that a classic song by Cream?

It was. A bit too much proto-prog for my tastes.
  • Options
    Right you are Henners, I will attempt to get away from the Mrs, mother in law, sister in law and 5 young kids and get down the pub earlier. Its going to be really hard pulling myself away from that.

I will then proceed to the Lib, pick up plastic CL badge, have a couple of pints of Spitfire, move along to the game, desperatley hold out till half time (weak bladder), then hold out for full time (very WB) before celebrating stunning victory at local hostelry as yet unknown with persons unknown.

Sounds good to me, particularly the potential escape.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]"Badge", Henry ....... wasn't that a classic song by Cream?
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

It was. A bit too much proto-prog for my tastes.

I think you two need to be on the "you know you are old when....." thread.
  • Options
    Yeah!! Ticket booked -F block East stand- first visit for what seems an eternity - going to Lib club for first time as well - hope to be there about 1 pm.
    Looking forward to meeting any CL's there.....seeing as I dont know anyone...I'll be the old bloke (mid fifties) with grey hair....that should narrow it down a bit!!
  • Options
    Hey RM, we should go to different pubs, I don't need any rivals for lifting unattended pints!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Hey RM, we should go to different pubs, I don't need any rivals for lifting unattended pints!

Dont worry CA....I can only have 1...got a long drive home after the game....so please feel free to lift as many as you like....but next time i'm coming by train so be aware!!!! As an old geezer I can get away with it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Hey RM, we should go to different pubs, I don't need any rivals for lifting unattended pints!

Dont worry CA....I can only have 1...got a long drive home after the game....so please feel free to lift as many as you like....but next time i'm coming by train so be aware!!!! As an old geezer I can get away with it!!

In that case you could lift a few for me.
  • Options
    I'm up from Cornwall for the Orient game ........ and will honour you with my presence around 2pm in the Lib.
    You have been warned!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm up from Cornwall for the Orient game ........ and will honour you with my presence around 2pm in the Lib.
    You have been warned!

Look forward to meting you Oggy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm up from Cornwall for the Orient game ........ and will honour you with my presence around 2pm in the Lib.
    You have been warned!

Likewise, will aim to get there for two. You will recognise me by my devilishly handsome good looks ladies.

Oggy and RedM short, fat and bald with glasses. Probably be wearing my top with curry stain stripes and cycle clips around trousers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look forward to meeting you both ..... and the usual suspects (everyone leaves early when they see me arrive).

Lol, Cordoban.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    You have been warned!

Likewise, will aim to get there for two. You will recognise me by my devilishly handsome good looks ladies.

Oggy and RedM short, fat and bald with glasses. Probably be wearing my top with curry stain stripes and cycle clips around trousers

Who you calling short, fat and bald wth glasses!!!

I'm not bald!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Who you calling short, fat and bald wth glasses!!!

I'm not bald!!!

So you're short, fat with glasses ....?

PS: You're not AFKA in disguise?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Who you calling short, fat and bald wth glasses!!!

I'm not bald!!!

Well actually no I'm none of those!! I'm medium trim....slightly portly.....and only wear glasses to see!!
  • Options
    Cor dear its like an episode of blind date on here.

ill probably be the only woman holding a load of paper and a sack out the back to the right where the smokers are - weather permitting - come and name yourself and ill direct you to oggy.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Whose sack you going to be holding?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Whose sack you going to be holding?

Dicko's ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

I'm not bald!!!

Talking of short, fat and bald. Me and Dave Storry should be there!
    It will raise the the average age to somewhere is the 70s, is there a 'Snug Bar'
    ; )
  • Options
    Be good to see some of the 'lifers' in person.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Be good to see some of the 'lifers' in person.

You'll be disappointed

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have been warned!

Who you calling short, fat and bald wth glasses!!!

I'm not bald!!!

But bald is the best bit. Women love it, honest they do. And it is the only one of the 3 where it is actually cheaper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Cor dear its like an episode of blind date on here.

ill probably be the only woman holding a load of paper and a sack out the back to the right where the smokers are - weather permitting - come and name yourself and ill direct you to oggy.

You could use my cycle clips to fasten your sack if you like CI. No need to return them, I always keep a spare pair handy.
  • Options
    Is the Lib on Charlton Church lane then?
    I'm looking for somewhere closer to the station for my pre-match drinks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]Is the Lib on Charlton Church lane then?

Out the station turn right up the hill, just past Floyd rd, 1st one on left is con club, next door is the Lib
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]

Out the station turn right up the hill, just past Floyd rd, 1st one on left is con club, next door is the Lib

Thanks creepy!
  • Options

So the Con club is to the right of the Lib club? Apparently there was a Lab club further up the road, but they sold out a few years ago.
  • Options

So the Con club is to the right of the Lib club? Apparently there was a Lab club further up the road, but they sold out a few years ago.

I like !!
    very good.

;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Yes the good old Greenwich labour party, years ago thought that working class people should not be able to determine there day to life without the 'Stalinist dictates of micro management' including what colour you could paint your door, and if you could keep more than one budgie!. The patronising attitude, not only pissed off traditional labour party supporters and trade unionists, as well as party activists it ended up in loosing the seat to one Rosie Barnes. Charlton had a 'dose' of this, and I am sure that the airman will come on here and protest it was all a 'misunderstanding' . True the Labour party! misunderstood there bedrock supporters!
    Perhaps that is why some of us do not vote labour any more!.
  • Options

All in the same room mate

Does anyone know if the radical is still going in Plumstead?
  • Options

All in the same room mate

Does anyone know if the radical is still going in Plumstead?

yep, still going. I go once a year to renew my membership.

Maybloom closed for re-furb so it's member using the Rad.

Could be a great place but the time has passed really for WM clubs.