Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Leyton Orient | 2 April 2011 | Match Preview, Poll, Views and News

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]gotta drop Jose and start with Stewart alongside Parrett. Don't know if Stewart is good enough BUT he needs to play the next eight games for us to find out. We know what Jose can do so can't see the point in continuing to play him. If we can get Parrett for next season they could be a good pairing. If Smokin' Joe isn't available then start BWP and Benno. Benno was up for it Tuesday and looked really sharp. Has a point to prove.
    Would like to see that. Powell said Stewart could be an alternative for Semedo but I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking to replace him with a more all round player next season. He just couldn't say that in public.
  • Options
    0-1

awful
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]gotta drop Jose and start with Stewart alongside Parrett. Don't know if Stewart is good enough BUT he needs to play the next eight games for us to find out. We know what Jose can do so can't see the point in continuing to play him. If we can get Parrett for next season they could be a good pairing. If Smokin' Joe isn't available then start BWP and Benno. Benno was up for it Tuesday and looked really sharp. Has a point to prove.

Play like we did against Saints and Rochdale and we'll win. Play like we did against Dag and Red and we'll lose.

I predict a 3-0 win.

Things have definitely changed on here lately coz you'd have been ridiculed for even considering dropping Semedo a few months back.
  • Options
    Great post, Grumpy !

2-1 home win for me please.
  • Options
    Don't see how anything had changed to merit us winning, even if Rochdale was an improved performance. 1-1.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Things have definitely changed on here lately coz you'd have been ridiculed for even considering dropping Semedo a few months back.
    Yeah we have two new CMs that we didn't have back then.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fed up with trying to predict a plucky win against another 2-bob team. This team can't concentrate as a whole for 90 mins so I am going 0-1 for the O's. I pray that this is not the case but we are shot to pieces when it comes to confidence. But I will be there to sing come on you reds...............
  • Options
    P.S if Semedo starts and scores I will eat a hat.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My worry for Saturday, and before Rochdale is likely line up will have few six footers - Dailly, Llera, Benson and Semedo (barely). This makes us vunerable to route one. Must be addressed for next year. Perhaps leave two up, leaving more space for Robbie to claim? No use bringing in better quality players if they're too small to deal with set plays. Yet Man U get away with it. How?
  • Options
    4-0 to orient, 3000 left by the end of the game and powell, players, staff, tea lady, car park attendent all roundly booed and slater given the double wanker by a ten year at close range...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish i could be as optimistic as the 61%. Where that optimism comes from i don't know. Orient are having a blip so we should get a result. I look at the Charlton squad and can't believe we are doing so badly.
  • Options
    Enough is enough, best performance of the season and we win in style. (Bloody hell this is strong stuff, I think I'll have another one).
  • Options
    Another holy visitation last night....

And the Lord (Curbs) said unto his people.

"Go forth Grumpy and spread the word to the weak and the persectuted of SE7.

That the Floyd Road shall once again run thick with smiling addicks with hands aloft praising the Lord (Curbs) and his chosen one, Saint Chris of Powellshire.

For the last coach who we cannot mention in this holy visitation (as we must all move on) was not of our chosen people.

For I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for McOxo to pass more than 3ft in the right direction.

Draw near (to 3pm) with faith and Saint Chris will show you the promised land once more as the backward natives of O from the distant eastern lands are put to the sword by his 11 disciples in red."

Thanks be to Curbs.
  • Options
    GK: Elliot
    RB: Solly
    CB: Dailly
    CB: Llera
    LB: Bessone
    CM: Parrett
    CM: Racon
    CM: Stewart
    RW: Ecclestone
    LW: Reid
    ST: BWP
  • Options
    Orient are bravely battling for 6th place and the play-offs and thus will sweat blood for the shirt.

Us on the other hand need 3 points to ensure our status in this division next season but there are a few games left yet.

In short Orient will be more motivated hence another Exeter or Carlisle.

Charlton Athletic 1 Leyton Orient 3
  • Options
    even crap teams muster a win now and then,2-1 to us
  • Options
    3-0 Charlton.
    Orient to bring 345 fans.
  • Options
    is Stewart going to be in the squad? Anybody know?
  • Options
    Quote 37 - Scoham - Yeah, but the general concensus then was that Racon and Semedo were both capable of playing at a higher level and a thread was actually started ridiculing my suggestion that we needed to bring in better footballers in midfield as a matter of priority. Just amusing now, thats all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Quote 37 - Scoham - Yeah, but the general concensus then was that Racon and Semedo were both capable of playing at a higher level and a thread was actually started ridiculing my suggestion that we needed to bring in better footballers in midfield as a matter of priority. Just amusing now, thats all.

I think it was more a case that some people felt that central defence was a greater priority not that the CM couldn't or shouldn't be improved.

And since we have recruited a creative midfielder and are still shipping two goals a game I think those people might have had a point!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]GK: Elliot
    RB: Solly
    CB: Dailly
    CB: Llera
    LB: Bessone
    CM: Parrett
    CM: Racon
    CM: Stewart
    RW: Ecclestone
    LW: Reid
    ST: BWP

Only two six footers in there Pouso - I take it you're relying on Orient playing passing football on the floor and not getting corners?
  • Options
    We have to win sooner or later, right?
  • Options
    I havent' been to a game for 6 weeks as have been out of the country. I have a feeling we are going to win tomorrow. Not sure why, but maybe its because i was seeing positives before i went away and haven't seen what everyone else has recently. I saw draws against Southampton and Bournemouth as postive steps. Just hope they can build on that.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS.
  • Options
    4-1 Charlton.

I base that on no logic whatsoever just a gut feeling.
  • Options
    I have applied logic, I have listened to my heart, I have listened to my head...................all I can come up with is 3-1 to Orient............Benson comes on in the 78th minute and gets the consolation goal
  • Options
    Amazed by the optimism.
    Our duffers to lose again. 0 2
  • Options
    Have faith you hopeless sinners.

It is written that the Valley will be a barren land for 40 days and 40 nights and then the seeds sown by Saint Chris will be reaped in the early days of spring.

Comfy 3-1 win and the deluded losers from the land of O exiled to the wastelands of East London.

Trust the warm feeling in your trousers fellow Addicks. Happy days are here again.

Chilean cabernet- £3-99 from the Co-Op. You know it makes sense.
  • Options
    The only excitement left to us this season is a last minute relegation scare. 0-2, and something to play for come May.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: grumpyaddick[/cite]
    Trust the warm feeling in your trousers fellow Addicks.

Never again ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Quote 37 - Scoham - Yeah, but the general concensus then was that Racon and Semedo were both capable of playing at a higher level and a thread was actually started ridiculing my suggestion that we needed to bring in better footballers in midfield as a matter of priority. Just amusing now, thats all.

I think it was more a case that some people felt that central defence was a greater priority not that the CM couldn't or shouldn't be improved.

And since we have recruited a creative midfielder and are still shipping two goals a game I think those people might have had a point!

The fact that we hardly ever created a chance or played any football at home was our biggest problem. We were grinding out results even if the quality was piss poor. The biggest problem was we couldn't play. Millwall did similar the year they were relegated after we beat them in the snow - top in december then lost virtually every game and went down coz they couldn't score goals. The defence aint great but the midfield was and is shockingly poor so anybody who ridiculed the suggestion that Semedo and Racon needed replacing should take a look at themselves. To disagree, fair enough, but to ridicule it suggests a woeful lack of judgement when looking at a football team and player. Parret is an improvement but sooner we replace semedo as well, the better so hope Stewart starts tomorrow.