Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre Season Friendly with Millwall

edited April 2011 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely astonished I have to say.
  • Options
    Dear God, we MUST get in some decent players before then.
  • Options
    Well, we all know that in these sorts of games (pre-season and/or testimonial) the home club likes to attract a bigger, better club as opponents so well done Millwall for doing just that!

On holiday but wouldn't have gone anyway.
  • Options
    When we played the friendly the other year for McLeary's testimonial had no problems in or out the ground but after the last game being kept behind for so long and now they have more supporters on the bandwagon plus Dunne is more popular could have the same problems we had for the league game?
  • Options
    I think it is a game best to steer clear of - and not for footballing reasons.
  • Options
    "Millwall friendly" - Thats what the dictionary describes as an Oxymoron....
  • Options
    They could be a Premiership club by then.
  • Options
    Pray we don't serve up the same tosh we did last season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]"Millwall friendly" - Thats what the dictionary describes as an Oxymoron....

I thought Oxymoron was a Millwall supporter until I discovered Smirnoff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice day out in the sun. The ground was empty last time we played them pre season.

Won 4-1 ? and though Hasselbaink was gonna be our 30 goal a season striker.
  • Options
    Didn't we play them a few years ago in pre-season, when Dowie was manager I think.
  • Options
    Having my hair done that day.

Which could be dangerous as they smashed up a hairdressers after that last friendly, if i remember correctly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Didn't we play them a few years ago in pre-season, when Dowie was manager I think.

Yea we won 4-1 - Hasselbaink, Hughes or Ambrose I think, El Kak and Walker and Elliott scored a decent goal for them.

Enjoyed that day...
  • Options
    Yeah, I was at that last friendly/testimonial when we won 4-1. Wasn't particularly friendly if memory serves. I remember about 10 rozzers steaming into Spanners fans near the away end.
  • Options
    I'm actually quite excited about this one. Even as a friendly it has a lot more attraction to me than the majority of League One games. Our new look squad should give them a spanking too!
  • Options
    lots of boys in pink polo shirts

Garry Nelson scored the slowest goal ever in the vets game. took an age to roll over the line.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I'm actually quite excited about this one. Even as a friendly it has a lot more attraction to me than the majority of League One games. Our new look squad should give them a spanking too!

Mart the optimist always cheers me up.
  • Options
    Let us out let us out let us out
  • Options
    WSS is preparing his climbing boots as we speak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS will mis this Bro in Law gets married
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]They could be a Premiership club by then.

Haven't Charlton still a mathematical chance of relegation to the Fourth Division.......?
  • Options
    I'll be there; and a rare outing for my switchblade, my knucledusters and my attitude Dad
  • Options
    God, can't think of anything less appealing. Bad enough having to go there for a league game let alone a friendly.
  • Options
    great!
    the only plus about staying in this league is them not being able to beat us.
  • Options
    Im looking forward to it. Easy to get to and a bit more at stake than a drab friendly against welling or nuneanton and the usual guff.
  • Options
    We're gonna smash south bermondsey up bruv!
  • Options
    Do you really think we'll have a chance of nicking a win?
    They showed last season that they're better than us and we are a hell of a lot worse off this season!
    I don't see us improving the squad neither, I can't see the likes of BWP and samedo staying. Jenkins off to arsenal, and with the board not willing to make a decision on powell we look doomed!

Think it's time to face the fact we will never be bigger or better than Millwall.. :-(
    And palace look likely to stay up too!!

I won't be wasting my time with this game, can not see us getting anything from this game.
  • Options
    prob waste a win in this friendly cant do when it matters
  • Options
    Cwissywissypowell - Think it's time to face the fact we will never be bigger or better than Millwall.. :-(

WTF