Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre Season Friendly with Millwall

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    A proper c***fest down there on saturday ...... And of course in the land of c***s millwall are kings
  • Options
    WSS - what's turkey flags got to do with political leanings?
  • Options
    Dunno. Nothing?

My point was a general one. Not every club has fans like yours who act in the way those with the flags in the picture and would even consider taking them to the ground.
  • Options
    Keep digging @ Lenny, lord Lucan will pop up soon!
  • Options
    Jeeze the millwall ladies are rough, the bird holding the baby clearly has the painters in...
  • Options
    That is really shocking and no doubt the stewards and police inside the ground turned a blind eye. What is wrong with these people - they look like they are revelling in it? They must be sick in the head.

Dunne or Millwall won't get any of my money for his testimonial.

Knife crime obviously isn't a serious issue for these Millwall fans. Millwall and their demented followers are exposed (yet again) for what they are - pond life.
  • Options
    Simon Hughes, have you got any idea what he got up to in the 80s?

Every club has idiots who chant things, however, millwall are the only one's who would bring in flags. Talking of idiots, well done for taking a photo, that's made the police job a lot easier!

Good call regarding the satchel WSS!
  • Options
    Erm... Sparrows?

Why are you on here?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Don't think we should get too self-rightous about holding up pre-prepared leaflets.

We have form for it too.

Remember those "Thanks Curbs" banners at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Sparrows, was in Greenwich Park on Saturday pushing the pram around and about 2.20 i could hear Leeds singing on Blackheath Common. Drove through Blackheath at 2.55 and there were two coaches there pulled aside with a police van not looking like they were leaving anywhere fast. Is that where they pool away fan coaches before leading them in, or would it have been a couple of rogue coaches that were being turned around ?

Traffic was gridlocked round there, so if they did decide to lead them, there's no way they would have got there before half time. Sod travelling all that way just to be holed up on a coach in the blistering sun !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was 2 coaches of leeds fans drinking in pubs in Loughton High Street saturday morning
    Even they know "the only way is essex" ... Its the way forward !!

I think the suns getting to me
  • Options
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    Surprised at Theo Pathitis in the brown T shirt - not surprised at the rest of them - complete bunch of wrong uns and an embarrassment to a lot of Millwall fans.
  • Options
    Sorry Dan I absolutely dissagree with that.
    They are not an embarssement to a lot of millwall fans, these morons are all the same.

Good thing is, they continue to prove that, season after season.
    So sooner or later, the deluded view that " the small amount " of troublemakers give them a bad name will soon get found out.
    They can't keep banging on about how they are always let down by a select few. Thats so wrong.
    As We all know that every last one of those ****'s is a thug.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Sorry Dan I absolutely dissagree with that.
    They are not an embarssement to a lot of millwall fans, these morons are all the same.

So sooner or later, the deluded view that " the small amount " of troublemakers give them a bad name will soon get found out.
    They can't keep banging on about how they are always let down by a select few. Thats so wrong.

You're brilliant. One fella prints off some posters and about 25 silly people hold them up and that makes 16,000 all the same? Not my cuppa tea the turkey taunts, although you probably won't have heard of opposition teams regularly gloating this season about the Millwall fan that was stabbed at Upton Park last season, which they have been almost every week.

Interesting quote from the Yorkshire Evening Post though that I thought was a decent response to your view that Millwall is just like going to Blackburn;

"Bermondsey’s infamous citadel may not quite be Buenos Aires and Boca Juniors’ Bombonera, seen by many in-the-footballing-know as the ultimate matchday experience –especially if River Plate are in town – but you are in the same ball park.

More tinder-box than chocolate box, a triple-strength Espresso which is a world away from the skinny Latte atmospheres prevalent at scores of identikit new stadiums across the land.

Venomous pride in the Millwall blue and raw, unadulterated hatred of those not from their ‘manor’ cascaded down from the stands as freely as the pints poured by the landlords of the borough to help fuel a seething masses’ ire in an intoxicating atmosphere."

Just like Blackburn I guess.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sparrows, was in Greenwich Park on Saturday pushing the pram around and about 2.20 i could hear Leeds singing on Blackheath Common. Drove through Blackheath at 2.55 and there were two coaches there pulled aside with a police van not looking like they were leaving anywhere fast. Is that where they pool away fan coaches before leading them in, or would it have been a couple of rogue coaches that were being turned around ?

Traffic was gridlocked round there, so if they did decide to lead them, there's no way they would have got there before half time. Sod travelling all that way just to be holed up on a coach in the blistering sun !

I think they always take the coaches there Afka if there's time, normally go the Clarendon I think? These two coaches may well have been latecomers or something.
  • Options
    Anyone else bored about talking about Millwall every other day on here.

Personally I have as much interest in them as Norwich or Carlisle other than when we play them in a local derby and Im sure they are probably the same regarding us.
  • Options
    "Bermondsey’s infamous citadel may not quite be Buenos Aires and Boca Juniors’ Bombonera, seen by many in-the-footballing-know as the ultimate matchday experience –especially if River Plate are in town – but you are in the same ball park.

More tinder-box than chocolate box, a triple-strength Espresso which is a world away from the skinny Latte atmospheres prevalent at scores of identikit new stadiums across the land.

Venomous pride in the Millwall blue and raw, unadulterated hatred of those not from their ‘manor’ cascaded down from the stands as freely as the pints poured by the landlords of the borough to help fuel a seething masses’ ire in an intoxicating atmosphere."

What another load of old guff.

god some of these journalists do write some tripe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]"Bermondsey’s infamous citadel may not quite be Buenos Aires and Boca Juniors’ Bombonera, seen by many in-the-footballing-know as the ultimate matchday experience –especially if River Plate are in town – but you are in the same ball park.

What another load of old guff.

god some of these journalists do write some tripe.

Millwall v Leeds just like Boca v River.....perhaps not.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I can see the similarities between Millwall and Boca fans to be honest.

Boca_Juniors-Fan.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds can provide a good atmosphere, millwall can't, unless you consider a load of kids from the suburbs wearing sports division gear and making some grunting noise an atmosphere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Sorry Dan I absolutely dissagree with that.

I can guarantee you that a lot of Millwall fans look on holding up turkish flags from the safety of a home area as being something done by a brainless coward. I'm not saying that the troublemakers are a tiny minority.
  • Options
    So, just to recap. In the past few weeks we've had bottles on the pitch aimed at a linesman because he (correctly) failed to put his flag up. We've had sickening chants when a Cardiff fan fell out of the stand (he deserved it and wasn't hurt anyway, we're told) and now this Leeds thing. The Turkish flags are one thing, but the "Sutcliffe 13-0" flag is downright disgusting. Using mass murder as a way of winding up the opposition - disgraceful.

Of course, these are all just isolated examples of "banter" and it's all been blown out of all proportion - Millwall are the victims in this after all. It's the medias fault for concentrating on them and exaggerating every tiny thing that happens. Or so we are constantly told.

Scummy scummy club and (in the main) scummy scummy fans who, even if they don't partake in that sort of thing, seem to revel in it or turn a blind eye and do nothing to stop it.
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark had a coachload in their Saturday, maybe them (stuck in Greenwich).
    They seemed like a decent bunch of people.
  • Options
    As for the Turkish flag/shirt thing, that is totally wrong.
    There is no way that would happen over Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sparrows, was in Greenwich Park on Saturday pushing the pram around and about 2.20 i could hear Leeds singing on Blackheath Common. Drove through Blackheath at 2.55 and there were two coaches there pulled aside with a police van not looking like they were leaving anywhere fast. Is that where they pool away fan coaches before leading them in, or would it have been a couple of rogue coaches that were being turned around ?

There was 3-4 coach loads of Cardiff fans there a couple of weeks ago when we were heading to Dagenham. They must have that as the meet up place.
  • Options
    You've got to love SLL's courageous attempts to defend his fellow spanners, truly inspiring.

"Simon Hughes is the local MP" is the sort of comment that is simply beyond parody. That picture is simply full of sandal-wearing Liberal Democrat voters.

I bet Simon is gutted he could not have been there himself on the day to wind people up about the death of two innocent people.
  • Options
    Giving it the big un about having Simon Huges as your local MP is just plain wrong !
  • Options
    Millwall claim they are taking action . From the Newshopper.

Four Millwall FC fans have been banned by the club after waving Turkish flags and shirts at Leeds United supporters
    2:55pm Monday 11th April 2011

Print Email Share Comments(0) By Kelly Smale »

FOUR Millwall FC supporters have been handed indefinite bans by the club after taunting Leeds United fans.

The Lions' 3-2 win over the Whites on Saturday (April 9) was overshadowed by events off the pitch as a number of Millwall fans waved Turkish flags and shirts in reference to the deaths of two Leeds supporters in Istanbul 11 years ago.

Millwall chief executive Andy Ambler said: “As clubs, we have a responsibility for the behaviour of our own fans and take incidents such as this extremely seriously.

“We have already identified a number of people and will continue to work tirelessly, using all possible evidence to identify and prosecute perpetrators.”

In a statement on the club’s website it said: “Millwall Football Club strongly condemns the inflammatory behaviour of certain individuals who waved Turkish flags and shirts during Saturday’s match against Leeds United.

“The Club deplore these totally unacceptable actions, which detracted from what should have been a memorable game for both Millwall and Leeds United supporters.”

Six Leeds United supporters were also arrested at the game.

Leeds United
    More than 2,000 Leeds United fans travelled to The Den for Saturday’s match.

United CEO Shaun Harvey said: “We were disturbed by some of the things we witnessed and have been reported us as being directed towards our fans on Saturday.

“As clubs, we have to be responsible for the behaviour or our own fans and are sure that Millwall Football Club will take the relevant action against those that can be identified.”
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    From the Newsshopper

Police hunt four men after violence at Millwall's match with QPR
    2:32pm Tuesday 12th April 2011

Print Email Share Comments(0) By Mark Chandler »

Police have released four images of football fans they want to trace following disorder at Millwall’s match with QPR last month.

After the March 8 match at The Den, disorder broke out between Millwall fans coming out of the rear of the East Stand, known as the Dockers Stand, and the QPR fans who were in the North Car Park.

Despite police presence and the fans being separated by gates, police say the situation deteriorated rapidly when QPR supporters started to initially throw missiles, including coins and plastic bottles, towards Lions fans leaving the stadium.

Plastic sheeting was also ripped from the segregation gates by Rangers fans, police say.

One Millwall fan was arrested at the time but police are now seeking four others - one QPR supporter and three Lions supporters.

Inspector Chris Wood from Lewisham police said: “The behaviour of those fans involved in this disorder was atrocious and could have led to fans and families being seriously injured.

We appeal to the public to assist us in finding these men. If you know who they are please call us.

“These people ruin the experience for genuine fans that just want to come and see their team play, and can ruin the reputation of the football club - they deserve to face the consequences.”

He's having a f**king laugh isn't he??