Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre Season Friendly with Millwall

Comments

• Options
    Danny Bakers illegitimate offspring
  • Options
    Danny Bakers illegitimate offspring
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]

Something I doubt we will ever see from that little club over in peckham.. just a sniff at it would keep them happy for decades... ;)

Indeed. I'd love two years up there, then get relegated due to financial reasons or something. Sod being in prem week in, week out, with the soulless stadiums, happy clappy face paint fans, all seater arenas, overpriced tickets, matches being played at any other time than 3pm on a Saturday, having to be treated to refs favouring the big teams every week, the cheating, the diving, the moaning, etc.

Green Eyes by Coldplay, must be your favourite song?

You can spend all day aspiring to be somewhere you're not wanted and don't belong. I've enjoyed following my team with my mates at whichever level. I'd love to take our solid 3,000 up to Anfield, Emirates, White Hart Lane etc, liven the premiership up a bit, annoy people, wind them up, have Rooney & Cole shitting themselves at The Den....but week in, week out of that self loving arrogant pompous cheating shit on everyone else league? Football at that level has changed so much. Most Chelsea, Arsenal, etc are fed up with the new fans that come. Blackpool fans are fed up with all the wallies that come to watch them now. It won't be the same. We'll sell our soul. The middle classes will flock. The banter, abuse, wit & laughs will become more isolated at the Den, we'll be watched more, pushed out, taken over, before too long I'll be in the pub moaning that I can't afford to go, that I can't swear or shout, that nobody stands up any more, that The Den has become an easy place for teams to come & play. I don't want that. You may want all that. Most of us don't, which is why we're so very different.

Nibble
  • Options
    Why would Rooney, who grew up in Croxteth be intimidated by a bunch of flat cap wannabes from Bexleyheath?
  • Options
    "have Rooney & Cole shitting themselves at The Den"

Get a grip sparrows you complete tool.
    This is unreal.
    Do you understand that as a Premierleague club of many years, we have seen a lot of these world class players that the premierleague sees week in, week out.
    LET ME TELL YOU.... These players would come to your poxy club, and not even notice the plastic retarded wannabe hooligans in the stands.
    You really need a reality check, we are talking PREMIERLEAGUE.
    You might think that for the last ten years the fans at the den have made an intimidating atmosphere, as far as league 1 and championship goes, maybe you have. But in hindsight, it is no better than a below average Premiership atmosphere. Stoke or Blackburn for example.
    I have seen all sides of it, I have seen millwall, i have seen blackburn i have seen Chelsea.
    And i can confirm you have NOTHING to offer the premiership.

These players have dealth with Champions league games at the Nou Camp, Title deciding games at Old Trafford, Even relegation scrapes at UPTON PARK.
    Do you think you and your muppet "supporters" can create one tenth of those atmospheres?
    Because the den is A LONG way from that.

Get a grip you complete prat.
  • Options
    Oh and another thing..

Sparrows Lane LionMember
    Real NameSparrows Lane Lion
    Emailn/a
    Account Created Feb 28th 2010Last Active12 minutes ago
    Visit Count2363
    Discussions Started13
    Comments Added1013

So with a year & 2 months since you have joined, you have contributed 1013 posts to A CHARLTON forum.

Need a life, much?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite].......we'll be watched more, pushed out, taken over, before too long I'll be in the pub moaning that I can't afford to go,

Or on the Pink Lions forum moaning that Kenny's Jacket has gone as far as he can - and can't take you
    "to the next level"?
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Indeed. I'd love two years up there, then get relegated due to financial reasons or something.

Then you might well be only 2 seasons away from a return to the Third Division.
    Due to financial reasons or something.

We'd love you to get relegated, anyway.
    The end of next season will do.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    We brought fruit to the 70s
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion

You can spend all day aspiring to be somewhere you're not wanted.
    [/quote]
    That's every away game for your lot...
  • Options
    We brought veg to the 70s
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]We brought veg to the 70s

Derek Kales.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Oh and another thing..

Sparrows Lane LionMember
    Real NameSparrows Lane Lion
    Emailn/a
    Account CreatedFeb 28th 2010Last Active12 minutes ago
    Visit Count2363
    Discussions Started13
    Comments Added1013

So with a year & 2 months since you have joined, you have contributed 1013 posts to A CHARLTON forum.

Need a life, much?

On average 2.5 comments per day, 6 visits per day.

Those Millwall sites are full of tools though...
  • Options
    I reckon the Premier Leagues top players breath a sigh of relief at the end of every season when they realise they realise they won't have to go to the Den next season. No wonder they go so mad at the end of season parties!!
  • Options
    I cant access cafc.co.uk because of work restrictions but I assume it is at The Den rather than The Valley

If so, funny, winds them up even more, the big club is always the away side :)

I was at the 4-1 friendly, got a load of bricks thrown at me from the chavs on the way out. Typical day at the Den really although really quite not as scary as Sparrows Lane makes out - I remember the Old Den, and Birmingham, and Leeds, now that was scary.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    sparrows behave yourself rooney would take the utter piss at your ground and i would wager if someone came on giving it they would wish they didnt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Completely baffling idea from both clubs' perspectives. Probably comes down to the fact that we won't ask for a fee and no one else will do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Completely baffling idea from both clubs' perspectives. Probably comes down to the fact that we won't ask for a fee and no one else will do it.

Perhaps Charlton thought we were playing at Millmoor.....?
    Easy mistake to make if you're new owners.

Somebody tell them Rotherham don't play there anymore.

;o)
  • Options
    Jarman you've cheered me up no end!! That was quite a passionate response, I could almost feel the hatred coming off my work laptop.

Fair play.
  • Options
    He's right though the Premierleague is proper toilet. You can't even open a faking geezer up for looking at you funny without the bill swarming all over you.
  • Options
    Just sounds like a piss up in the sun think a mini Bournemouth party. Who up for that?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Completely baffling idea from both clubs' perspectives. Probably comes down to the fact that we won't ask for a fee and no one else will do it.[/quote]

Can't think much of Dunne if we're all they can come up with!
  • Options
    The friendly a few seasons ago was a really good day out i seem to remember, nice weather, good atmosphere in our end and we actually played quite well.
  • Options
    Pre season friendlies rarely tell you f all but this one would be really depressing to lose for us supporters at least. Shot in the arm if we win but on the whole I could live without this.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to this . This would be a good test against ( lets be honest )a good CCC team and the fact it is Millwall will add some spice to the occasion .

Like Airman I suspect those in the Prem or Euro / Scottish teams baulked at the idea because of Wall's noteriety so we would be the next best option as CCC teams tend not to play each other pre season . The fact that maybe 1000 or so Addicks will be in attendance adds to Dunne's pay out .

I am getting bored with this bigger club debate . Yes i think potentially we are 'bigger' but this means nothing when we are in L1 ands they are in the CCC.

An interesting recent twist on this is that our 6k renewed season tickets compares with 2k for them I believe which given the current league standings of our respective clubs is remarkable.
  • Options
    To be fair to SLL. Millwall fans are largely illiterate morons - just have a look on one of their boards - so it's no wonder he spends so much time on here. He seems to be the exception that proves the rule.