Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man Utd - Due a bad day at the office

Comments

• Options
    Just sums up their transfer strategy right now. Vardy is 36 in January! He could probably do a job for this season though, but hardly part of the vast rebuild they need.
  • Options
    When are they due a good day??
  • Options
    Just sums up their transfer strategy right now. Vardy is 36 in January! He could probably do a job for this season though, but hardly part of the vast rebuild they need.
    He needs chances made for him so probably wouldn’t offer more than Ronaldo. 
  • Options
    I hope Leicester pull Man U’s pants down and ask for a ridiculous (for Vardy’s age) fee to secure him. Would massively help Leicester in their need to replace Vardy anyway. I’d say £30 million sounds reasonable.
  • Options
    United have had a real whiff of desperation about them in recent years. 
  • Options
    I think United need to accept that they are now so far behind Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and eventually Newcastle and even possibly Brentford 😉 that they have two choices. Start a rebuild that’s going to take three to four seasons or perhaps longer or spend eye watering sums of money for a quick fix. 
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    Looks like a protest at next game.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/16/a-fish-rots-from-the-head-united-fans-plan-protests-before-liverpool-game
    Maybe we could send them the couch and a few pigs.
    Like, they only lost 2 games. self entitled twats, completely ignorant of what goes on outside their little bubble in the other leagues.
    Why does that make them self entitled?
  • Options
    before the Glazers took over they were considered one of the Worlds biggest clubs. The way the club was purchased was very dubious and a tramp could probably have done it as it was using borrowed money which a previously rich club now owes! Yes, I think they ought to protest.
  • Options
    I think United need to accept that they are now so far behind Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and eventually Newcastle and even possibly Brentford 😉 that they have two choices. Start a rebuild that’s going to take three to four seasons or perhaps longer or spend eye watering sums of money for a quick fix. 
    United are back where they always were in the years between Busby and Ferguson - an average mid to top half Division 1 side with a relegation thrown in.

Ferguson took SEVEN years to win his first title at Man U and that was there first in 26 years! Can you imagine a manager now being given that long? I've always said that Ferguson was both a blessing and a curse to them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool are probably the 2nd biggest club in the country and have 1 league title in 32 years. If it wasn't for Klopp it would be 0.

The way United are heading, i wouldn't bet against them going 30 years before they win the league again.
  • Options
    Spuds will win the league before ManUre do again
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    United are back where they always were in the years between Busby and Ferguson - an average mid to top half Division 1 side with a relegation thrown in.

Ferguson took SEVEN years to win his first title at Man U and that was there first in 26 years! Can you imagine a manager now being given that long? I've always said that Ferguson was both a blessing and a curse to them.

I don’t agree. They are still the biggest club in England and have the biggest overseas following too. They are in the doldrums and are going through what Liverpool experienced. Just like Liverpool they will be back at the very top and I suspect it won’t take as long as it took Liverpool. Manchester United have grown to be a much bigger club than they were pre Ferguson.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I don’t agree. They are still the biggest club in England and have the biggest overseas following too. They are in the doldrums and are going through what Liverpool experienced. Just like Liverpool they will be back at the very top and I suspect it won’t take as long as it took Liverpool. Manchester United have grown to be a much bigger club than they were pre Ferguson.

True but that because of their success.  If they continue to be a basket case, a lot of the "fans" and commercial deals will desert them.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

True but that because of their success.  If they continue to be a basket case, a lot of the "fans" and commercial deals will desert them.
    I doubt that. Manchester United make more money out of posting out match day programmes worldwide than Charlton make out of a home fixture. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    bobmunro said:

Couldn’t tell you anything about Baseball, but would imagine if you asked 100 people to name one team it would be the Yankees. Same as in other sports, United won’t lose their place as number 1. 

Most importantly Sky will look after them to ensure they stay relevant, as they need them to remain relevant.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Couldn’t tell you anything about Baseball, but would imagine if you asked 100 people to name one team it would be the Yankees. Same as in other sports, United won’t lose their place as number 1. 

Most importantly Sky will look after them to ensure they stay relevant, as they need them to remain relevant.
    It depends how long they go without success. Obviously they'll always be a huge club but kids growing up abroad today will choose to follow other clubs simply because United are so bad. Look at how Chelsea's and to a lesser extent Man City's international fanbase has grown from nothing in the past 20 years.

Another 10-20 years of success for them and nothing for United and the balance will surely swing.
  • Options
    Who knows but I think Man U will be back up there way before ten years.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

It depends how long they go without success. Obviously they'll always be a huge club but kids growing up abroad today will choose to follow other clubs simply because United are so bad. Look at how Chelsea's and to a lesser extent Man City's international fanbase has grown from nothing in the past 20 years.

Another 10-20 years of success for them and nothing for United and the balance will surely swing.
    The lack of success hasn’t really affected arsenal standing. Been 18 years since last title success. IMO they are still 3rd biggest club in the country.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Plus now you have the rise of Newcastle, adding another heavily subsidised club to the equation.

Chelsea, City and Newcastle have rich owners
    Liverpool have an excellent and settled manager and system, and are expanding their stadium again.
    Spurs and Arsenal have modern stadiums in London, generating loads of revenue

United meanwhile have a dysfunctional team, and an aging stadium. Getting them back to the top 2 won't be easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope it's not true as it's funny seeing them be so shit, but there's quite a lot of reports around tonight that the Glazer's might finally be willing to sell up.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I've just got back from Zambia and saw more United Shirts than I would do in the UK. I went to watch the united vs Brentford game with a client who is a huge United fan and we had to get to the boozer for 12.30 to get a table (united were the 6.30pm kick off). Their global appeal is still huge
  • Options
    United will sign Vardy out of desperation.

Sack the manager by Christmas and replace him with.................Wayne Rooney (s account)
  • Options
    I think the Glazers will sell. 
  • Options
    My guess is only a country can buy it. If someone like Musk or Bezos buys it the situation will only get worse. China will try to buy it for sure if it became available. Not many people can afford spending £5B.
  • Options
    The club will get a bit more back on its feet if the likes of Gary Neville stay quiet and actually do something significant to help the club.

The players obviously watch sky sports! How on earth would an ex players, club ledgends outspoken continuous moaning benefit them.
    The current squad are going to respect their opinion aren't they. 

Continuous moaning is an outside problematic negative feature in itself. 

I'm sure Beckham could buy a significant share of the club if he wanted to get involved and help out. He probably doesn't have 5billion! But anything is better than nothing. Why not get fully involved?

The class of 92 know what it's all about. They have direct experience.

They could do something but they'd prefer to just whinge and compare the fergie days with everything.

They don't understand.

Things change!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    The club will get a bit more back on its feet if the likes of Gary Neville stay quiet and actually do something significant to help the club.

The players obviously watch sky sports! How on earth would an ex players, club ledgends outspoken continuous moaning benefit them.

I'm sure Beckham could buy a significant share of the club if he wanted to get involved and help out. He probably doesn't have 5billion! But anything is better than nothing. Why not get fully involved?

They could do something but they'd prefer to just whinge and compare the fergie days with everything.

They don't understand.

Things change!
    Becks has tied up a lot of money in Inter Miami, I can't see him investing a lot in Manchester too. Their best bet is Chinese money or one of the bids that didn't get Chelsea go for it
  • Options
    My guess is only a country can buy it. If someone like Musk or Bezos buys it the situation will only get worse. China will try to buy it for sure if it became available. Not many people can afford spending £5B.
    It’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You can quote Man Utd at £5 Billion as much as you like but if no one wants to pay that then it’s obviously worth less. 
  • Options
    If the Glazers sell for £5b, what a business deal that was for them - buy a club mainly with debt secured against it's own assets, pay yourself dividends every year while it's in debt, then sell for about 10 times the purchase price.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

They don't understand.

Things change!
    He's obviously extremely wealthy but his entire wealth (online estimates $450m) wouldn't even get 10% of what United are supposedly valued at, so not much chance of that.

Jim Ratcliffe is their best bet from this country. If not it'll be a Chinese or US consortium. Not sure they can get even get an Arab one now as the UAE, Saudi and Qatar are invested elsewhere.