Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Anyinsah to be released

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9037699.Anyinsah_confirms_Valley_departure_on_Twitter/

bit upset about this, ok he was made from glass but when he did manage to play he looked very good to me.

Comments

• Options
    Marriot, it's already on the Confirmed signings/released thread.

Admit it NS, you picked that up from the CL didn't you :- )
  • Options
    Built like an out house  shame it was made of glass.
  • Options
    Must admit I didn't see what all the fuss was about, but then again I didn't go the away games at Swindon/Peterborough

Would've been mental to give him another contract given his fitness record
  • Options
    Shame we couldn't agree as pay as you play deal - he has the ability to be a very good footballer, if only he could sort out the injury issues. 
  • Options
    He was only on the pitch for a few minutes at Peterborough
  • Options
    So when exactly was it that he was that good then? I can't recall any standout home games (sorry, I'm a plastic fan)
  • Options
    He played well when he came on against County and was very good away to them first half.  He looked like a good foil for any of his partners when he did manage to limp onto the pitch
  • Options
    someone twitter Reid and see what his situation is
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Must admit I didn't see what all the fuss was about, but then again I didn't go the away games at Swindon/Peterborough

Would've been mental to give him another contract given his fitness record
    Agree he wasn't quite as brilliant as some of hype, but he was good at this level, strong, quick and hard working, scored the odd goal (wonder how many he'd have got if he stayed fit?). The big difference was when he started alongside Benson, rather than Abbott, it helped everyone in the team.

Glad we're not taking the risk. A proper pre-season might make the difference, but then we probably said that about Todorov. I'd rather we didn't gamble on players with a history of injury or attitude (not in Joe's case of course) problems.
  • Options
    No Ben, it came via someone else who tipped me off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I rate him, shame to see him go, probably for the same reasons Carlisle let him go.
  • Options
    Anyinsah - my ankle is fully healed now. They are not extending my contract mate :-( (Twitter from the man himself)

Reid - can't remember where I saw it (newspaper?) - pretty sure he's off
  • Options
    Decent player when fit but it's pointless keeping him here when he's hardly ever available. He had a bad injury record before he came to us so it's not as if a pre-season is going to help. I wish him luck in his career but we'd be better off focusing our energies elsewhere. Powell has made the correct decision.
  • Options
    Bit like Benson in that his better performances were away from home I don't think we saw either at their best at the Valley and their scoring record backs this up
  • Options

• As Powell said, big and strong, had an impact when he played and BWP liked playing alongside him.

Thought
      we might have kept him considering his rumoured wages were under £1k pw
      but there you go, can you build a team around a player with such a
      injury record?

Good luck Joe and hope you stay fit.

• I think that was a bit of the undoing of last season, when he played,
      we looked a really good side, the ball stuck up front, and he caused
      defenders no ends of problem, he'll hit form, and then get injured, we
      struggled to get the shape with Abbott, Sodje or Benson in that role. 

If he didn't have the injury record he'll be a Championship regular

• Options

Anyinsah was a work horse striker in my eyes and when he was on the pitch he gave it a real go. Problem was as everyone has said he was injury prone and just as he got a bit of a run he would get injured again.

Sad to see him go because if he were to stay fit he would be a good player to have around. But with his injuries you can't rely on him to be a 1st team regular. Good luck to him, i really mean that (except against us) and hope we bring in a better replacement.

• Options
    I wonder if it's because of the way he plays that he gets injured and his body just can't cope with his style. A real shame because he looked like a proper Charlton player.
  • Options
    He just twittered it via #cafc
  • Options

Shame, as I rated him & think he is our second best striker behind BWP.

I would have liked to see Powell give him a pre-seson and see what he was like in July/August............we could always get in another striker close to deadline day if he broke down again, but to release him now seems a bit of a waste.

I reckon he'll go to another League 1 side and this decision will come to haunt us

• Options
    aye and maybe as a 5th striker on a pay per play, one assumes he wasn't willing though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aye and maybe as a 5th striker on a pay per play, one assumes he wasn't willing though

He says "they aren't extending my contract" 

We don't know as that's only his version of events but why assume that he wasn't willing.  Sounds like it was never offered to him.

I was told he was on a very low, by our standards, weekly wage anyway.
  • Options
    No Ben, it came via someone else who tipped me off.
    I'll let you off this time but I'm keeping an eye on you : - )
    He was only on the pitch for a few minutes at Peterborough
    True but was injured setting up the opening goal.  Waggy was fouled when getting on the end of Smokin' Joe's cross resulting in a pen for Jackson.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    l liked Joe , always gave his all &  worked his socks off when he was on the pitch , that was half the trouble though , getting him on the pitch ,  will probably go somewhere else and bang in 20 goals next season , Lets hope we can get some one good in.
  • Options
    can't afford passengers, like we did with Todorov, and Joe's injury record is poor. Could come back to haunt us but it's a chance you take. He may say his ankle is fine but for all we know our medics might say different. It's a shame as I liked him too. Good luck Joe wherever you end up.  
  • Options
    "Unfortunately I've NOT been offered a new deal at #cafc. Wanna give a big thanx 2 all the fans 4 your support this season. Much appreciated"

From his twitter
  • Options
    I like him well enough but even if it was only as a back-up/reserve player I'd much rather have someone we can be reasonably sure will be fit to play and remain so for the full ninety. It's no good calling on someone to deliver the magic touch only to find they can't actually play. I hope he does well for himself but this is the right decision to me.
  • Options
    Interesting that we didn't even offer a deal of any kind to him.
  • Options

Pity as would have liked to have seen how he would have done after a full pre season. Was generally very impressed with Anyinsah's performances and think he is a handful for any defence in the league. Albeit not an out and out goalscorer, he did complement Benson well in our October/November good run and then BWP later in the season.

Am a little disappointed as think he is a really good player for the level we are at and someone who could do a job in the league above, despite it only being one game- he worked very hard at Spurs and gave their defence something to think about. However, I guess his injury record is a massive risk for any club especially on tight resources,  wish him all the best.

• Options

didnt play enough to have an opinion didnt exactly score shit loads though when he did play

• Options
    I just hope CP is lining up someone better who stays fit longer. From what little I saw of Joe, I'm sorry to see him go - as many have said, if only we could've kept him fit.