Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Anyinsah to be released

13»

Comments

• Options
    There must be a Plaice for big Joe somewhere,
    and these fish jokes are really Orfull.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Dave Rudd hasn't made a comment on this thread
  • Options
    He was awesome in the away game at Swindon. He lead the line with a real physical presence and was key to us winning that game 3-0. He also started well in the next game, away to Peterborough, set up the opening goal and then got crocked. That, basically, was the end of our season & the end for Parky. What a shame. When fit he was very good and made a huge difference to the team. Sadly he couldn't stay fit for long enough.
  • Options
    Given that Joe was very decent when fit, no doubt the Charlton medical team would have had some input into the decision to release him.
  • Options
    He won us a good few pens and you could see opponent's defences panic- for me that is exactly what I would want from my striker.
  • Options
    He won us a good few pens and you could see opponent's defences panic- for me that is exactly what I would want from my striker.

Agreed, but we need a fit Anyinsah and going on his track record he'll be another passenger.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15054443.stm

cracking winner v the league leaders.  good on you, Super Joe.
  • Options

Smokin' Joe cost me my accumulator last weekend, without the existence of two former addicks in the Rover's side (McGleish) I would have been an even happier fella this weekend. Still, a nice guy and a great winner- hope he has a good season.