Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How can we get more fans to the games this season

edited May 2011 in General Charlton
Towards the end of the season the amount of fans going to each game where slipping (for obvious reasons) but i was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas to bring back the glory hunters and bulk out the stadium a bit.

Comments

• Options
    Tandem?
  • Options
    Sign some decent players :-)
  • Options
    Play better football
    Win more games
    Get promoted

Simples
  • Options
    Strippers
  • Options
    i agree, what do you guys think of the new signing?

• Options
    How about the Addicks Cheerleaders?
  • Options

The hype Crystal Palace made last season with their 'Ultras' coupled with our shocking performances have no doubt drawn interest from some of our fair weather supporters.

• Options
    they think having davids will get them promoted...good one palace...
  • Options
    Strippers
    great idea
  • Options

valley express to start picking up from loftus road area.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Win our home games. Simple as. No need for gimmicks. If the team plays well the "casual type" fans will come regularly. If not they'll take the wife to Bluewater which is arguably more entertaining than some of the stuff I watched last season. Walsall at home was my personal low I think.
  • Options
    then strippers on the bus?!
  • Options
    Not sure i'd want the plastic sort back, would much rather we concentrated on getting in younger fans who are going to be lifelong supporters, not those who only want to come if we're playing man utd in the cup.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Good start to the season will get some back.

Almost new 1st eleven should bring brought some back.

Admission price of £1 for crackin' looking birds. 

• Options

Gillingham fans have accused us of stealing their fans which is a ridiculous notion. But if they are going to accuse us of doing so, why don't we go down there next season with truncheons and vans and press gang a few thousand - It worked for the British Navy in the past. I reckon we could convert the Jimmy Seed stand into a holding bay from which we can gently persuade them to become addicks.

Or alternatively, we could have a very good season - that would probably do the trick.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Free massage with a happy ending after every defeat?
  • Options
    cheaper tickets for adults?

• Options

And being in the top 2. That would do for me.
  • Options

Tickets are already very cheap.

A few offers like the £5 game v Exeter perhaps but otherwise the Club have to balance crowds v income and not undercut season ticket value too much.

Promotions for kids, schools and other "event" days will also help IMHO but as others have said a winning team and a better atmosphere at the Valley is the best way to get more fans through the turnstiles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2011

Get Emma to cover all Charlton matches on CAFCTV.

• Options

Easy play with pride passion and comitment, and win the fooking things

• Options

£25 to see league 1 aint that cheap..

• Options
    How about free entry to Crossbars ?
    A new screen in Bartrams ?
    Moving away fans to upper south/west and opening the south stand for home fans ?.

• Options
    nah, i think the layout is good, perhaps close the upper west and two blocks on the east, makes the stadium look more packed and if there is more intrest in people going then we have the space...
  • Options
    Not sure you can call any fan who didn't go to the last few games of a 2nd season in League 1 after 1 win in 14 or whatever it was ''glory hunters'' !
  • Options
    i never said they where, i'm saying we need them back!
  • Options

Well a glory hunter would say that wouldn't they !

• Options
    That last game was certainly not glorious!
  • Options
    is BWP staying?