Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Transfer Story - Paul Hayes

Comments

• Options
    Well done Essex Al, good updates and one of the best "scoops" on here ever probably, if it completes!
  • Options
    I've just seen Paul Hayes at sparrows lane in a watford top!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I've just seen Paul Hayes at sparrows lane in a watford top!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!!!!!!
    you're drunk?%-[>
  • Options
    Theat you're lying?
  • Options
    edited June 2011

• Options
    i know nothing about the guy but you could say if preston don't want him, why do we?

this is not a criticism, because clearly, most of you seem to think this is a positive move but why?

• Options
    i know nothing about the guy but you could say if preston don't want him, why do we?

this is not a criticism, because clearly, most of you seem to think this is a positive move but why?

he wasn't wanted due to the managerial change and never getting settled there,  sometimes a player and club just don't fit.
  • Options

he wasn't wanted due to the managerial change and never getting settled there,  sometimes a player and club just don't fit.
    yeah like Pouso, Traore, McLeod, Varney, M Bent, McOxo, Francis etc
  • Options

Don't know why but could be lots of reasons

He's rubbish

He was good and has become rubbish

Phil Brown didn't buy him and doesn't rate him

Preston have been relegated and need to lower the wage bill and think they have or can get better.

Phil Brown can't spot a player

Hayes is homesick for the south

Hayes was caught shagging the managers wife and so never got a far chance.

Preston don't play in a style that suits Hayes

• Options

Or all of the above Henry....

That means that he's definitely had an interesting season!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought ferguson signed him and then didn't play him cos he was pony
  • Options
    Thats it, lets all start slagging off a player before hes even signed, for gods sake give him a chance
  • Options
    Thats it, lets all start slagging off a player before hes even signed, for gods sake give him a chance
    exactely lets wait till he's at least signed before personally assassinating him
  • Options
    Bloody hell, give the poor sod a chance....
  • Options
    Bloody hell, give the poor sod a chance....
    Yes give him at least five minutes before booing him
  • Options
    i thought ferguson signed him and then didn't play him cos he was pony
    Aren't even you getting a bit bored with this by now?
  • Options
    Disagree Oooah, I heard he's pretty good as a support striker. Got a good feeling if he signs (then again I said that about McLeod)
  • Options
    Unfortunately not. Its a routine now, like a old fashioned stand up comic. It even has catch phrases.

Anyway Hayes is a good player and more importantly he's a good team player. He makes teams tick and sets up as many if not more than he scores.

And it sounds like he wants to play for Charlton. Location and money will be factors of course but from what Essex Al said he's also sold on the plans CP has and wants to be part of it

Yes, it's league 1 where he's had most of his success but we're a league 1 club. Some of us realise that. We don't like it or accept that it can't be changed but that is the reality we have to deal with now. Constantly harking on about Curbs and deriding any player he didn't sign gets us nowhere.

• Options
    well said henry!
  • Options
    Unfortunately not. Its a routine now, like a old fashioned stand up comic. It even has catch phrases.

Anyway Hayes is a good player and more importantly he's a good team player. He makes teams tick and sets up as many if not more than he scores.

And it sounds like he wants to play for Charlton. Location and money will be factors of course but from what Essex Al said he's also sold on the plans CP has and wants to be part of it

Yes, it's league 1 where he's had most of his success but we're a league 1 club. Some of us realise that. We don't like it or accept that it can't be changed but that is the reality we have to deal with now. Constantly harking on about Curbs and deriding any player he didn't sign gets us nowhere.

Mate, oohah is absolutely hilarious and is pretty much bang on in his own way.

I admire your confidence in Hayes but I think ooh ah's summing up is pretty accurate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2011
    No player thread is complete without some Pardew inspired youtube scouting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0frUO2yugPY  - Two assists and a miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxc0WhKS7cU  - Last time he was at this level (part 1). He's the number 9. A handful of goals inc. a couple of penalties. A few assists, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwVAfORkpjk&NR=1 - Part 2 of the above season. A few goals, the pick being the one at Carlisle (1:49 mark).

He got 16 league goals that season. I'd take that, especially if he sets up as many for BWP as he did for Hooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3_jgKZ7PkU  - Goal at Chelsea and interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV20vGwYQkk - Two assists including one for an on loan full back named Kelly Youga..

• Options
    That's a lovely pass in the first video to set up the opening goal.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

i'm only repeating what i heard elsewhere

i haven't seen him play, just like most of the drop to the knees and gobble off another new signing crew on here haven't

just cos some of you freaks are still living in cloud cuckoo land pulling yourselves off over every signing we've had in recent years as we've bought crap crap and more crap, it is ten times as boring as more or a realistic view on someone based on what their previous managers thought of them

yes i'm all for giving him a chance and seeing how good/bad/indifferent he is but i'm just pointing out it was strange that ferguson bought him and didn't play him a lot, a bit like chris dickson and izale mcleod who were all heralded as better than sliced fucking bread cos we'd signed them

sorry for not being delusional like most but thankfully it hasn't seen me talk complete shit for the last few years

• Options
    Crickey o Rikey , this threads got more legs than Rods Stewarts missus.
  • Options

i haven't seen him play, just like most of the drop to the knees and gobble off another new signing crew on here haven't

Call me old fashioned, but I think it's possible to positive about a new signing without giving him a blowjob.
  • Options

Call me old fashioned, but I think it's possible to positive about a new signing without giving him a blowjob.
    And a handjob
  • Options
    Parody 
  • Options
    Hayes seems to be a 'Burton' type player, the sort that some people don't like. I really rated Burton and i feel that if he had stayed last year, we might have been in a higher position. Hayes is not proven at Champ level, but we are in League 1 and he has had plently of experience there and it seems like he was good then. I'm looking forward to seeing him play upfront with BWP if he does happen to join.
  • Options
    Has he still not signed yet ? This is getting a tad boring.
  • Options

sorry for not being delusional like most but thankfully it hasn't seen me talk complete shit for the last few years

Are you sure?  We're in the 3rd division and we're going to be signing players who are not of premier league quality.  To call them all pony is rather pointless, don't you think?