Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Transfer Story - Paul Hayes

Comments

• Options
    Yes,we seem to be making pro-active bids for players - If that isn't positive I don't know what is. The point was well made that you aren't seeing lots of deals across the board and activity will inevitably step up. This is the time when players/managers are on holiday so it is later in the month, when they return, that we can expect to see activity. 
  • Options
    Yes,we seem to be making pro-active bids for players - If that isn't positive I don't know what is. The point was well made that you aren't seeing lots of deals across the board and activity will inevitably step up. This is the time when players/managers are on holiday so it is later in the month, when they return, that we can expect to see activity. 
    Absolutely. It's all going to kick off big time soon enough.

With less than 3 weeks until players report for pre-season (June 30th) and the first game just 4 weeks away, it's going to be manic.

• Options

I agree msomerton - how we missed out on Henderson and Jones I have no idea.

Who have we actually "missed out" on, and who of note have any of our league rivals signed?

Maybe I'm just not paying attention but I can't think of anyone.

I think the min point here is that of those hoping to challenge for promotion we probably have the weakest squad, so we need more reinforcements.
  • Options
    Dean bowditch of yeovil, Has left the club, Be a great signing for CAFC,
  • Options
    Another day passes, still not signed. Any updates?
  • Options
    Not yet, Mr Co-ops.
  • Options

I'm not too overly concerned that we have only signed 1 player who is likely to start next season (Hollands).............

........but I will be if we are still in this position in 2-3 weeks time !!!!

• Options
    What do you know... just logged into twitter and [the hashtag pretty much seals the deal as to who he is joining when Preston get their arse in gear if there was still any doubt]:

Haysey_8 Paul hayes 
    Sorry I haven't been able to answer any tweets about next season yet #cafc #pne
  • Options
    all very quiet

announced transfers involving our division this month according to the BBC

10 JUNE

Kieran Murtagh [Wycombe - Cambridge] Free

9 JUNE

8 JUNE

Carl Jenkinson [Charlton - Arsenal] Undisclosed

Calum Woods [Dunfermline - Huddersfield] Free

7 JUNE

Craig Davies [Chesterfield - Barnsley] Free*

David Perkins [Colchester - Barnsley] Free*

Jordan Robertson [Unattached - Scunthorpe]

6 JUNE

5 JUNE

3 JUNE

Scott Cuthbert [Swindon Town - Leyton Orient] Free

Alan Sheehan [Swindon - Notts County] Free

2 JUNE

Ross Worner [Charlton - Aldershot] Free

1 JUNE

Andy Welsh [Yeovil - Carlisle] Free

• Options
    Barnsley have got themselves a good player there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barnsley have got themselves a good player there

Presumably you mean Davies as opposed to the filthy albino from Colchester
  • Options

yep

Davies has the makings of a top player  i really hoped we would have gone for him shame

• Options
    Paul Hayes Just Tweeted His, Packing for barbados
  • Options
    Paul Hayes Just Tweeted His, Packing for barbados
    Burning off those air miles then!
  • Options
    not signing for anyone then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Or already signed
  • Options
    Or quite relaxed about signing when he gets back
  • Options
    Or spendingn his new doubled wages from charlton
  • Options
    Should have booked Bermuda...
  • Options
    I'd love to have the life of a mediocre league one player...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What, have a holiday? You can go on nice holidays abroad as well you know you don't have to be a footballer. 
  • Options
    What, have a holiday? You can go on nice holidays abroad as well you know you don't have to be a footballer. 
    I'm more then happy with a fortnight in St Davids with my wonderful family.
  • Options
    McCormack got slayed for having the temerity to go out to dinner at a restaurant classier than a Harvester, so I'm expecting a wave of Hayes-hate on the basis that he's not sitting in a puddle of cold pisswater for his holidays and him to be rebadged McMountGay or something. 
  • Options
    Before everyone takes it the wrong way I'm not slating him, just saying I'd love to be earning the money they do to afford holidays to Vegas and Barbados within weeks of each other.
  • Options
    I think the fact that he (@Haysey_8) is now following Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) says enough....!
  • Options
    You know what they say ........sign in Hayest, and repent at leisure.
  • Options
    McCormack got slayed for having the temerity to go out to dinner at a restaurant classier than a Harvester, so I'm expecting a wave of Hayes-hate on the basis that he's not sitting in a puddle of cold pisswater for his holidays and him to be rebadged McMountGay or something. 

Harsh, McOxo went out on the back of a very poor performance and defeat. Hayes is going on holiday during his time off. Silly point.
  • Options
    McCormack went for a meal with his partner / wife/ girlfriend not sure which after work in a restaurant which is commensurate with his price range and why the effing hell should he not. So he had a bad day at the office like lots of his colleagues. Of course none of us ever have bad days which after we want to do something nice with our loved ones. Now I might not be able to afford The Oxo Tower but that's just my bad luck and circumstances. I don't begrudge Mac his ability to use a restaurant just because I can't. Some people on here want to get a life and stop slating a player for doing something very normal and quite frankly none of their damn business.
  • Options
    McCormack went for a meal with his partner / wife/ girlfriend not sure which after work in a restaurant which is commensurate with his price range and why the effing hell should he not. So he had a bad day at the office like lots of his colleagues. Of course none of us ever have bad days which after we want to do something nice with our loved ones. Now I might not be able to afford The Oxo Tower but that's just my bad luck and circumstances. I don't begrudge Mac his ability to use a restaurant just because I can't. Some people on here want to get a life and stop slating a player for doing something very normal and quite frankly none of their damn business.

I think it was his wife and the occasion was his anniversary. A lot comes down to interpretation of these things - the message it sent to me was something along of the lines of "We lost, so what, I'm off to dinner with the wife", perhaps a lower and more contrite profile after the match would have been a wiser option for him to take especially as he must have realised that plenty of Charlton fans were following him on Twitter. That match was probably the low point of the season (at least for me) - Swindon won one away game all season and lost their next few games on their way to relegation and of course the day after the Swindon match Parky got his P45. As our new owners were in the stands you'd also think that McCormack and the team would be busy trying to impress his new employers. I wonder what Slater and Jimenez thought of his tweet - if they ever got to hear of it?
  • Options
    Agree with this, some of ours fans aren't prepared to even give McCormack a chance. Yes, his is a very limited player, but he was signed with limited resources (same goes to Francis). The players he competes with for a place in the team with (ie. Racon and Semedo) were signed for a team expected to gain promotion to the premiership, so if anyone is underperforming it is those two.