Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Martin

Comments

• Options

"i am glad they are getting something they have a hell of a time"

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Claridge's report on Bailey when he was at Southend, if you want to compare - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/dec/11/southend

8/10 for pace apparently.
  • Options
    Meant to be a fan but still seemed to enjoy scoring for Millwall against us.  Not sure if I can forgive that : - )

Don't worry about that as I am sure Gavin Peacock supported Charlton and he always played his heart out against us, even went crazy when he scored.

I like the look of Dave Martin hope the rumors comes to fruition and we sign the lad.

• Options
    From Claridge's 2007 article:

"One moment in last Wednesday's
    League One victory over Huddersfield
    summed him up. He threw himself in
    front of a fierce drive to block and spring
    Southend into attack, then bravely won
    a header, risking the loss of one or more
    teeth, to free a team-mate and, seconds
    later, Alan McCormack had the ball in the
    back of the net to make it 2-0."
  • Options
    Claridge's report on Bailey when he was at Southend, if you want to compare - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/dec/11/southend

8/10 for pace apparently.
    10/10 being Agbonlahor or Messi.
  • Options
    sounds like he can actually cross a ball - which is better than our current two wide men !!
  • Options
    A winger who can cross - are they meant tto be able to do that? I can't remember. Can he do stepovers as well?
  • Options
    One of the comments underneath that Nicky Bailey article:

Him and McCormack in central midfield are awesome in this league.
  • Options
    One of the comments underneath that Nicky Bailey article:

Him and McCormack in central midfield are awesome in this league.
    In 07/08 Southend made the play-offs, 08/09 they finished just outside. We know what Bailey is and isn't capable of and there's no way he controlled the midfield on his own.

Now I'd agree with every Charlton fan that says McCormack isn't good enough, but we've definitely not seen the best of him. There's no way a team could have made the play-offs with McCormack playing as poorly he has for us.

I saw him in the reserve friendly v Seaford, him and Llera were trying a lot of long passes, trying to spray the ball around. Yet in the first team McCormack has looked scared of making a mistake, his passing made Semedo look creative.

A Southend fan told me there were stories of him enjoying the night life while at Southend, and he also had a bad knee injury at the start of 08/09. Apparently wasn't the same player for them since then, it's also the same time as we signed Bailey from them.

I'm not saying he deserves another chance, but McCormack clearly hasn't played with confidence. It wasn't long ago he was good enough for a decent Southend team who were in the Championship and later the top half of League 1.
  • Options
    With Freddy Eastwood too who was looking a really good striker at the time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought Martin always looked Millwall's best player, when they were on TV a few years ago. Put over a lot of excellent crosses & I always said I would love him at Charlton.

However, my Millwall mate said he is a typical winger, very good in some games and not in others. But I suppose that's the issue with nearly all wingers.

If you're not given the ball you don't get so involved.

• Options

He's a mate of a (Charlton season ticket holding) mate and is definitley Charlton.

Yeah found it weird the millwall goal but then again Mendonca was a boyhood mackem!

• Options
    If he scores a last minute winner or equaliser v the spanners or palace I might consider forgiving him : - )

Seriously, good point on superclive. Know GT has a good source and hopes it happens. Could be a key part of the team with Waggy on the other side both feeding BWP and Hayes
  • Options
    Waggy needs to learn how to cross first, but I take your point.
  • Options

Scoham said: A Southend fan told me there were stories of him enjoying the night life while at Southend,

My brother in law says that would be having a bag of chips with vinegar on the pier.  I once described a Spanners player as a complete c**t.  A Spanners fan said 'yeah but he's our c**t.'  So if he all a player has done wrong is to score against us in his previous existence but plays well for us I'm comfortable with that (I would draw the line at Lee Hughes mind you!)
  • Options
    I can ask his missus what the deal is. I'm friends with her on facebook
  • Options
    I can ask his missus what the deal is. I'm friends with her on facebook

Why are you waiting ?
  • Options
    Great player with passion, gets right in the opponents face! Sign him up
  • Options
    Heard a little something. Would rather whisper if possible. Sorry if that's a prob but would rather do whisper please
  • Options

Spill the beans then Randy!

Or, I'm alaways available for a whisper!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard a little something. Would rather whisper if possible. Sorry if that's a prob but would rather do whisper please

Not sure if this comment is directed to anyone in particular, but you can inbox me, with your "little something" - please.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Likewise - share the news with my inbox randy.
  • Options
    Share the knowledge with my inbox.
  • Options
    my inbox would like to be blessed with your knowledge aswell randy
  • Options
    mine too
  • Options
    Come on Randy, my open box is eagerly awaiting your entry!
  • Options
    Come on Randy, my open box is eagerly awaiting your entry!

He's just a tease !   Wouldn't say I'm hanging on his every word, but he last posted at 11.47 :-)
  • Options
    My box needs filling too
  • Options

He did state that he was friends with his missus on Facebook.

Randy where are you?

Just think how far your credibility on here will fall if you are just a tease!

• Options
    My inbox would be delighted to hear from you....Ta