Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sullivan Signs on a Free transfer from Millwall

Comments

• Options

It always seems that Robbie is a bit suspect with shots from outside the box too :(

• Options
    My main gripe with Elliot is fitness. I don't think he's a bad goalkeeper. If he was in proper shape and condition he would probably be in the top handful of goalkeepers in the division given his attributes.
  • Options

It always seems that Robbie is a bit suspect with shots from outside the box too :(

No one watched the two long range shots that the Motherwell keeper let in during the Scottish Cup final then?  No, thought not : - (
  • Options
    Good signing.
  • Options
    Let's be fair Henry they were unstoppable, the second in particular
  • Options
    Good signing Sullivan will be for Charlton.
  • Options

No one watched the two long range shots that the Motherwell keeper let in during the Scottish Cup final then?  No, thought not : - (
    Im not saying anything about Rudolph mate ;) ... Im talking about Robbie
  • Options
    For a keeper who has made 100+ first team appearances I hadn't noticed any improvement in robbie and didn't think he was any better or worse than worner who was younger and limited in appearances
    For the record I don't think robbies kicking is as bad as some make out and is the least of his problems
  • Options
    Thought he was decent, happy with the signing, not seen enough to say if he's an improvement on Elliot just yet. Not like he was playing any real under pressure either with our season ending so early.
    Have to say it was refreshing to have a keeper who knew what he wanted his back four to do and told the entire ground and surrounding area about it as well.
    First time I saw him play was for Brighton reserves against us at Lewes a few years ago. The one thing I remember from the Brighton team that game was Sullivan shouting at his defenders.
  • Options

He is on a "free" thats good

signing NillWall`s 3rd choice and being seen as a good signing thats not great.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's be fair Henry they were unstoppable, the second in particular
    No, the keeper took a step the wrong way and then couldn't get back to reach the ball.

But it was the Motherwell keeper so the shots were unstoppable.  An identical shot passed Robbie would have been his fault and due to him being too fat to move across.  Charlton Eyes  : - )

Robbie is not a world class keeper but neither is he as bad as he is painted. His distribution is fine and certainly better than we saw from Sullivan.
  • Options

Im not saying anything about Rudolph mate ;) ... Im talking about Robbie
    True, you are but plenty of others have mentioned Randolph
  • Options
    At Bromley CP said that Robbie would start off as number 1, however if Sullivan joined he would put pressure on Robbie which would only help his development, if however Robbie did not extend his contract then the club would look to cash in on him.  Sullivan number 2 but has the potential to displace Robbie if he stays.
  • Options
    When you see Ben Roberts spending 10 minutes on long range shots in warm up with a keeper, you know there is an issue. I don't think Elliott uses his feet well enough to deal with stuff hit from distance, he has too much time to think. 

As for organisation, he doesn't talk enough, maybe in the posh seats in the East you don't notice it, but Elliott doesn't talk enough, or boss his defenders about.
  • Options
    Randolph is the greatest keeper in the 125 year history of Motherwell FC.

You can't say the same about Elliot.
  • Options
    Randolph is the greatest keeper in the 125 year history of Motherwell FC.

You can't say the same about Elliot.
    Of course not.  Elliot has never played for Motherwell.
  • Options
    I haven't seen enough of sullivan to say whether he'll be good but I've seen enough of robbie and with him as a regular its no surprise where we find ourselves in the football pecking order .....
    Mid table league one may be acceptable for some here but not for me
  • Options
    Have to say it was refreshing to have a keeper who knew what he wanted his back four to do and told the entire ground and surrounding area about it as well.
    Yes, I mentioned it on another thread - the Rochdale equaliser, he knew who should have covered that rebound while he was on the deck, and he got straight up and told them to their face !  Whereas the pie boy just sulks and carries on.

Happy with this signing.
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    two signing's in the spine of the team and were not even in july. oh god it's all abit to positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't seen enough of sullivan to say whether he'll be good but I've seen enough of robbie and with him as a regular its no surprise where we find ourselves in the football pecking order .....
    Mid table league one may be acceptable for some here but not for me
    Mid table League 1 is acceptable to who?
  • Options

As for organisation, he doesn't talk enough, maybe in the posh seats in the East you don't notice it, but Elliott doesn't talk enough, or boss his defenders about.

But you can see this when you're standing behind and way above him in the north upper?

And you can hear him not talking that far away as well over the sound of the covered end choir booing  ; - )

I stood behind him at Warsaw and could hear him fine moving the wall across etc.
  • Options
    Sullivan was on loan at Yeovil earlier this season (played well enough for Yeovil at The Valley last November).
    And coached by Ben Roberts at Yeovil.

Ben Roberts comes to Charlton, we need another keeper urgently ......and Roberts remembers working well with Sullivan at Yeovil.
    Two months on loan at Charlton, and he's evidently trained well, shown the right character and attitude, and made a decent impression on Powell.

Ticks many of the right boxes.
  • Options
    Good signing Sullivan will be for Charlton.

Are you Yoda ? ;0)
  • Options
    Him for number 1, Elliot to be sold on please, most unfit professional I have ever seen, and it's not just weight, for a Goalkeeper he is constantly straining or knocking something
    Opinions are fine and all that, but is there any chance you could stop posting the same thing about Rob Elliot? To my memory that's three times now you've said exactly the same thing about him being an unfit pro. if it were true, he'd have been shown the door ages ago. Fair enough you don't rate him, but I think the constant harping on about him being unfit is a bit much! :o)
  • Options
    You cant defend the indefensible. Elliot is beaten from distance far too often. Agree with Rothko, he doesnt move his feet well enough.

Said it before on here, he doesnt look like a natural athlete. He picks up far too many niggles.

If someone is offering 6 figures then he should be shipped out.

Whatever he does he I firmly believe Sullivan will be #1 sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Both are good League 1 keepers and both could improve their distribution either by kicking or throwing. I guess some prefer  Sullivan as he makes a lot of noise around the box which sounds good to us fans. They are both young, both can improve and each will give the other good competition for the No 1 jersey, whatever colour it might be.

Good signing.
  • Options
    Not been entirely convinced by Sullivan when crosses come in to the box, but still a good signing as otherwise Robbie would be unchallenged.
  • Options
    These signings are certainly coming thick and fast.
    Reminds me of a trolley dash....at Lidls.
  • Options
    Not been entirely convinced by Sullivan when crosses come in to the box, but still a good signing as otherwise Robbie would be unchallenged.
    That sums up the whole back four mate, lost most our games due to set pieces