Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy stone - journalist Says Its Us, And no bid has been made by a championship club, Asked his source, All he could say its from greenwich mercury
  • Options
    oh lets all jusst wait. no doubt he's got about 5 medicals of different clubs to go to today!
  • Options
    I tend to believe Richard Crawley, doubt he would say it unless he was positive and hes been right with everything else this summer... gutted!
  • Options
    If we don't get green, We should go in for vincelot.
  • Options
    Thing is with Vincelot if we have Alonso, Hollands and JJ (if he moves inside) any money to be spent on him would be better spent on other areas, but if JJ is still to play left then grab him
  • Options
    Thing is with Vincelot if we have Alonso, Hollands and JJ (if he moves inside) any money to be spent on him would be better spent on other areas, but if JJ is still to play left then grab him
    and what if say Hollands is injured and Alonso suspended ? 
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lVDOda4L9Q

Not sure about the tattoos but otherwise looks good in this video
  • Options
    But my concern is at the back, if that is sorted then fine go for another midfielder.  The old saying is strikers win you games but a defense wins you titles.  At the moment our defense is poor or does not exist
  • Options
    I've just read the Into The Valley Forum and Reams does seem to have the 'inside track' on this. It also ties in with the piece I saw on Twitter yesterday (which I copied and put on the rumours thread) that he (Green) was having a medical yesterday.
    I dont know whats true and it may be that two different people are 'aving a larff', but I'm beginning to think that somewhere between £400k and £500k will bring Green and Vincelot to the Valley and that there must be some 'legs' in this story.

If, as has been reported, he is having/had a medical then would he have done all that to turn us down and go to Posh today?
  • Options
    But my concern is at the back, if that is sorted then fine go for another midfielder.  The old saying is strikers win you games but a defense wins you titles.  At the moment our defense is poor or does not exist

We know club are trying to sign several players, it doesn't really matter which order they complete the deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it does to some apparently.
  • Options

We know club are trying to sign several players, it doesn't really matter which order they complete the deals.
    I know I am not moaning simply saying that recent purchases mean the midfield should not be the priority and use up a lot of the available cash, unless of course CP was telling little fibs
  • Options
    it does to some apparently.
    Lol, I am not moaning.  I am well happy with the club and CP have achieved so far, I also understand these things take time to get done.  In the old days it was a phone call, a medical, a quick  chat and a signature, now the power is with the players and it takes time.  All I am saying is for my own piece of mind I would like a couple of strong quick defenders please.
  • Options
    If we sign him, great, if we don't, then fine, however I expect within minutes of him going else where people accusing the club of a lack of ambition.
  • Options
    Maybe the CH deals are already done.   The other deals APPEARED to be done days if not weeks before and then saved up for release at the same time.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Which would be mad as if he goes to the Championship it proves he wants to play at a higher level and it is a gamble to come here for it, even though I think each day makes it look more promising.

I understand that Henry, they may even be Bosmans and will be shown off next week, then everything is great.
  • Options
    If it's true we put in bids for Wiggins, the Colchester CB and Green we probably do have a bit to spend.

We might end up only bringing in frees and loans but I get the impression the board will spend £200/300k or so if we can get a good player for that sort of price.
  • Options
    Maybe the CH deals are already done.   The other deals APPEARED to be done days if not weeks before and then saved up for release at the same time.

Maybe but if they was wouldnt they have done it with the others?

Anyway theres a week till pre-season and we are never usually this advanced in recruitment

• Options
    Vincelot was bought by the Daggers as a centre half anyway. They just converted him to a midfielder.
  • Options
    He was bought as a left back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Adaptable then.  Sounds like a Curbs signing
  • Options
      Adaptable then.  Sounds like a Curbs signing
    P'raps
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Barry Fry quoted below 12 minutes ago, sorry I have not the time to learn the intricacies of this site so do not do links. Google news "Danny Green Dagenham" and it should be the first or second story.

We only have an average crowd of 6,300 so it is asking a lot to compete against clubs with huge fan-bases and lots of commercial activities in big football cities.“I don’t mean any disrespect to the Posh fans, but there just aren’t enough of them.” FRY insisted that Posh are not the un-named Championship club to have had a bid accepted for Dagenham & Redbridge winger Danny Green yesterday. “Everyone knows we spoke to them but we couldn’t do a deal,” he added. Coventry and Crystal Palace have also been liniked with Green along with League One outfit Charlton Athletic.

• Options

I think Vincelot was a Right Back not Left Back but as Henry said a versatile Curbs type signing .

• Options
    Looking promising
  • Options
    http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh_barry_fry_predicts_a_late_panic_in_transfer_market_1_2799367I don’t mean any disrespect to the Posh fans, but there just aren’t enough of them.”and FRY insisted that Posh are not the un-named Championship club to have had a bid accepted for Dagenham & Redbridge winger Danny Green yesterday.“Everyone knows we spoke to them but we couldn’t do a deal,” he added
  • Options

It's the Peterborough Evening Telegraph - their SLP equivalent.

Who knows whats going on now.

• Options
    Ipswich cropped up yesterday. Leeds have been known to be interested before. Coventry have a large hole in wage bill after King and Westwood leaving... who knows? Fingers crossed! This honestly is the first transfer window since first season in the Championship that has had any kind of buzz for me, what a difference a bit of dosh makes!
  • Options
    Millwall I reckon.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Millwall I reckon.
    Don't know, if there's one thing Millwall have got sorted it's their midfield in my opinion but who knows could be any one of about 15 clubs.