Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    imageimage

Was my local ground for a while.
  • Options
    just been told from within dagers that it def isnt posh that have had the offer accepted and they dont anticipate losing both players
  • Options
    Apparently Green is away on holiday, so maybe that quashes the seen at the Valley rumours?
  • Options

its in the sun online that we have him for 400k

• Options

its in the sun online that we have him for 400k

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3654881/Dagenhams-Danny-Green-set-for-Charlton-switch.html

Dagenham boss John Still said: "I'll be very sorry to see Danny go but it was always going to be difficult to keep him and it's a good deal for everyone involved."
  • Options
    From the Sun 

""
    CHARLTON have agreed a £400,000 deal with Dagenham and Redbridge to sign Danny Green.The right-winger, 22, scored 11 times in 42 League One appearances last term, including goals home and away against the Addicks.And Charlton boss Chris Powell has pounced to land his man after their London rivals were relegated on the final day of the campaign.Dagenham boss John Still said: "I'll be very sorry to see Danny go but it was always going to be difficult to keep him and it's a good deal for everyone involved."Personal terms are still to be agreed but the move marks the second successive summer that Charlton have raided the Daggers for their star man, following striker Paul Benson's £300,000 switch last August.Still will now try to fill the void left by Green with ... Danny Green!The departing player's namesake is slightly younger at 20 but is also a winger.He had a loan spell at Chelmsford City last season and Still believes the time may be right to introduce him to his first team.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3654881/Dagenhams-Danny-Green-set-for-Charlton-switch.html#ixzz1Q6JkapR9

""
  • Options
    As we know from the Eddie How saga, the phrase 'set for' means very little. Still cautious.
  • Options
    As we know from the Eddie How saga, the phrase 'set for' means very little. Still cautious.
    Agreed 100% but seems a lot more realistic from this morning when he was to all intents and purposes "set for" Peterborough
  • Options

Fingers crossed then that nobody matches our offer then!

Kudos to the Club for trying to get the right kind of players.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looked sounds promiseing
  • Options
    We need to be careful if they have 2 Danny Greens that they don't sell us the wrong one!
  • Options
    Until it's on the official twitter feed...
  • Options
    bit like Chelsea with our left backs in the 90s?
  • Options
    if the rumour that he was at the training ground last week is correct then maybe terms have been agreed with the player and now we've agreed terms with his Club
  • Options
    That would be tapping up would it not...?
  • Options
    the Dagenham manager seems pretty certain but really I think it was very wrong of him to mention it without the final contract conclusion with the player. Guess he is a frustrated manager losing one of his better players so hard to keep that inside
  • Options
    Not if Daggers gave us permission to speak with him ?
  • Options
    Everyone else is at it, why not us!
  • Options
    I have only just realised, I was on trial at Charlton when I was 13 and Danny had his for the exact same period as me!I remember this because a couple of years later when I was mascot (Sunderland 0-1) at the Valley he was ballboy (we both would have been 15 at this stage which makes sense as the young academy players were the ballboys) and i recognised him straight away. He hasnt changed at all since!I hope we land him, quality player!!Bit of a claim to fame for me too!haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not if Dag & Reg agreed while we were still negotiating a fee.
  • Options
    He has Peter Reid esque ears.
  • Options
    It's fairly common practice now for clubs to give permission to talk to the player while a package between the clubs still has not been finally agreed upon. Not saying it happened here but just with reference to above comments.
  • Options

As I see it the clubs have agreed a transfer fee, which gives us permission to offer the player a contract but that doesn't mean that he'll automatically accept what we are offering.

Remember Steve Sidwell?

• Options
    its allowed if your bigger club fact
  • Options
    yes but you must be fairly sure that he will accept otherwise why go to the trouble of making numerous offers
  • Options

he might accept another clubs offer over ours though... especially if its championship football.

Still thinks its unlikely.

• Options
    If we get green then we will have a real strong Midfield/Forward line (still could do with 1 more striker) cant wait to see the calibre of CH we try to get
  • Options
    If we sign him, maybe Wagstaff might be used more as a pacy centre forward next year, he has pace and can finish just his crossing and being able to beat his man has let him down a few times as a winger....
  • Options
    There has rumoured to have been much interest in Green so i dont plan to get too excited until its on the OS. If we do manage to get him then i think that is a real statement of intent, the people at our end are doing a very good job of selling the club and vision for the future to these players and it will be a very pleasing signing. COYR.