Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2011

Comments

• Options
    Ed Sheeran was good, up and coming artist, check it out http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/glastonbury/2011/artists/edsheeran/
  • Options
    Jessie J ?

My god please do one.

Anyone see the coverage of Primal Scream from last night ? Now there's your rock n roll stars right there , how Mani ever stood up and played that bass throughout is amazing , he looked scared
  • Options
    Just spotted a Charlton flag during Jessie J's set.
    BTW I bloody hate Jessie J. Awful
  • Options
    Gutted that they're not covering The Kills...
  • Options
    Who was on before Jessie J?
  • Options
    Billy the Kid
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Like 'em or not, they can play.
    I wonder what the sound quality is like there. I went to see Kings of Leon Wednesday night at Hyde Park, bloody awful pa system. I've heard better in a lift.
    Walked out after 30 minutes along with quite a few others

I saw Kings of Leon Thursday & Killers Friday and have been previous years.I always thought the sound was just right - often at other venues the volume is so loud it hurts my ears and they still ring the next day. So perhaps if you're standing some way back it's not good. As I stand about 80 foot from the stage, it sound ideal to me.Love Hyde Park gigs personally.  (Weather was a bit sh*t though).
  • Options
    Gutted that they're not covering The Kills...

BBC just started showing their set on the red button
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up! Managed to catch most of the set. :-)
  • Options
    The charlton flag flying was my wifes cousin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glastonbury is an absolute fucking joke of a festival and always has been. All this 'bringing people together' shit is like being excoriated with a rusty kitchen knife. If I want to go and see a fuck load of dance acts, I'll go to a rave. If I want to go and see a fuck load of metal acts, I'll go to a metal festival. If I want to go to see a fuck load of pop acts - I'll go to Glastonbury. Shit sound, shit atmosphere, shit acts, full of dopey student cunts and posh hoorays with overbites the size of donkeys pretending to be hippies.
  • Options
    Unlike you to be so ambivalent Leroy
  • Options
    glastonbury just not the same as it was in 94-96 :-)
  • Options
    Glastonbury is an absolute fucking joke of a festival and always has been. All this 'bringing people together' shit is like being excoriated with a rusty kitchen knife. If I want to go and see a fuck load of dance acts, I'll go to a rave. If I want to go and see a fuck load of metal acts, I'll go to a metal festival. If I want to go to see a fuck load of pop acts - I'll go to Glastonbury. Shit sound, shit atmosphere, shit acts, full of dopey student cunts and posh hoorays with overbites the size of donkeys pretending to be hippies.
    its on bbc2 at 9:45 if you're interested
  • Options

U2 best  live band on the planet, as for morrisey he sounds like shite ,all these bands today need to do an awful lot to take  U2s place as the best band on the planet ,and thats if they are around long enough.

• Options
    Elbow was brilliant!
  • Options

U2 - the embodiment of corporate rock....right down to the part where they avoid paying tax!

Not so much a band, more like a multinational company that also does music...also, why do they come across as the biggest gang of twats ever to have graced the music industry (and believe me, there's a lot of competition)?

Is because they are just a gang of twats? I mean 'the edge', honestly? He does realise he's not 16 anymore, surely?

Rock 'n' roll kids, rock 'n' roll.

Sorry for the rant, but I think that I am allergic to that gang of twats and their dreary, corporate rock.

• Options

U2 - the embodiment of corporate rock....right down to the part where they avoid paying tax!

Not so much a band, more like a multinational company that also does music...also, why do they come across as the biggest gang of twats ever to have graced the music industry (and believe me, there's a lot of competition)?

Is because they are just a gang of twats? I mean 'the edge', honestly? He does realise he's not 16 anymore, surely?

Rock 'n' roll kids, rock 'n' roll.

Sorry for the rant, but I think that I am allergic to that gang of twats and their dreary, corporate rock.

Cheer yourself up and watch Coldplay. ;-)
  • Options

As you probably guessed, I'm not their biggest fan either.

But they don't strike me particularly as being, well, a gang of twats..so they don't make me come out in hives like U2 do..

My dad likes them, though..

• Options
    Wheres the rock n roll gone?

Souless middle class movie music.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    glastonbury just not the same as it was in 94-96 :-)
    it wasn't on in 96

thought I'd give Coldplay a go, dozed off
    probably for the best!
  • Options
    The charlton flag flying was my wifes cousin
    can't be nice, I hope they bring her down soon Afka.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Luckily I have the new CharltonLife copyrighted subtext for Leroy's posts.

This one transliterates as
    Me me me, controversial me me me, swearing to make my point more strident, me me me, I am different from everyone else in my dreary suburb, me me me me me me me me me me ooh look at me - I am a big boy, I used the 'c' word, oooh me me me I am soooo special, no - one else needs to use it, me me everyone...I'm here

yawn
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hi Clem, I wouldn't dream of trying to change your opinion, but obviously I can't agree based on many years of going to Glastonbury myself.

On the other hand, my 24 year old lad goes to Glasto (he's there, right now) and all he heads for is the bands and the dance tent.
    If he feels like it, he'll see a band he fancies, often on the Other stage; and then in the Dance tent all night with his mates.... and sleeps all day.For him, it's just one big party.

I know loads of people from my area who go year after year, ordinary people like me, many of whom never bother with the big names stuff,and every year they come back telling what a great time they've had.

I haven't been since 2005 (done 11 Glastos all told) but as I got older, got to discover the rest of the festival.
    Loved it. It's the huge bit that you never see on the telly.

People forget that Glastonbury is not just a music festival - that's only one part of it.
    It's a festival of all the performing arts, and often the best bits have to be discovered in random corners.

spot on, oggy. from some of the drivel spouted on this thread you'd think glastonbury was just one stage. 

the best moments (blur 2009 aside) happen nowhere near the pyramid stage and you certainly won't see it on the bbc. 

(posted by les!)

• Options
    Sending this from my van in Glastonbury. No surprise that people say it's not as good as it was, that's always a cheap and lazy way of saying 'when I did it it was cool, now the masses are doing it it's shit'. I really don't care, I've had a great time so far and I don't think I've seen anyone who are ever likely to get a recording contract let alone 'selling out'
  • Options
    Sending this from my van in Glastonbury. No surprise that people say it's not as good as it was, that's always a cheap and lazy way of saying 'when I did it it was cool, now the masses are doing it it's shit'. I really don't care, I've had a great time so far and I don't think I've seen anyone who are ever likely to get a recording contract let alone 'selling out'
    Nice one Noss
  • Options
    chemical brothers playing star guitar the best ive seen of the tv coverage.
  • Options
    Leroy,do you ever think that the festival has moved on since you were a youngster? 

And everyone else? Yes Glastonbury isn't the same since you were a teenager but isn't that the beauty of a festival, it tries to cater for what everyone wants? Personally I wouldn't watch the headliners this year but there is so much going on that I really wouldn't care. It's easy to criticise from your armchair, but how about acually going then try and tell us how shit it is. Typical Charlton.
  • Options

U2 i cant understand why people hate em that much they are a fantastic live rock band obviously im biased been following em  since the early days maybe they are victims of their own success ,but they had to start off with f--k all like most groups ,coldplay are going the same way as U2 ,THE REST of the groups about all want to be like U2 or coldplay because that means they are successful and as in football nowadays it is all about making money.

• Options
    I love the tv coverage until Jo Whiley comes on, then I want kick the telly in.

As for Fearne Totally Amazing Cotton.....