Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2011

Comments

• Options
    Fearne Cotton, Jo Wiley and that Lauren women are painful to watch. They all know diddly squat about music.

I felt Coldplay last night proved they're better than U2. Better songs and better live performance. I still think the greatest act I've seen live though is Muse.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Fearne Cotton, Jo Wiley and that Lauren women are painful to watch. They all know diddly squat about music. I felt Coldplay last night proved they're better than U2. Better songs and better live performance. I still think the greatest act I've seen live though is Muse.

Agree with you about Cotton and Wiley but if you listen to Lauren Laverne on 6 music you will soon discover she's been there, seen it, done it, and does know what she's talking about.

As for the Edge being a genius. He has a Delay pedal that is all.

• Options
    Glastonbury is an absolute fucking joke of a festival and always has been. All this 'bringing people together' shit is like being excoriated with a rusty kitchen knife. If I want to go and see a fuck load of dance acts, I'll go to a rave. If I want to go and see a fuck load of metal acts, I'll go to a metal festival. If I want to go to see a fuck load of pop acts - I'll go to Glastonbury. Shit sound, shit atmosphere, shit acts, full of dopey student cunts and posh hoorays with overbites the size of donkeys pretending to be hippies.
    Luckily I have the new CharltonLife copyrighted subtext for Leroy's posts.

This one transliterates as
    Me me me, controversial me me me, swearing to make my point more strident, me me me, I am different from everyone else in my dreary suburb, me me me me me me me me me me ooh look at me - I am a big boy, I used the 'c' word, oooh me me me I am soooo special, no - one else needs to use it, me me everyone...I'm here

yawn
    Good one. If ever the career in (whatever it is you are currently failing at) doesn't pan out, at least you can get a job in post-modern sarcasm. Oh - wait, they don't have 'jobs' in post-modern sarcasm, do they? (see what I did there?)
  • Options
    Glastonbury is an absolute fucking joke of a festival and always has been. All this 'bringing people together' shit is like being excoriated with a rusty kitchen knife. If I want to go and see a fuck load of dance acts, I'll go to a rave. If I want to go and see a fuck load of metal acts, I'll go to a metal festival. If I want to go to see a fuck load of pop acts - I'll go to Glastonbury. Shit sound, shit atmosphere, shit acts, full of dopey student cunts and posh hoorays with overbites the size of donkeys pretending to be hippies.
    Jesus Leroy, you ever thought about anger management?

Come to think of it, going by many of your previous comments, this is probably where you go to release all your pent up frustration. ;-)

Must admit i'm not really a big fan of festivals. Last time i went to one was in 95. I had my wallet nicked and my mate had his tent and all its contents taken (returned to find just his spare pair of boots sitting there).
    But what i dislike most about them is that unlike a proper gig, only a small percentage of the crowd are there to see that band so the atmosphere tends to be crap. This was summed up a couple of years ago when the specials were asked to perform during their 30th anniversary comeback tour (which was fantastic and i went twice). 95% of the crowd wern't even born when they split and just stood there with bewildered looks on their faces at the sight of these old men making noises they'd never heard before, apart from maybe ghost town on an advert.
  • Options
    I think Leroy has spent too long in Croydon!

Glastonbury's great, shame about the weather though.
  • Options

Surely the point is if you like raving, metal, indie, pop, comedy, art etc then Glasonbury has go it all.

I personally wouldnt go to see Beyonce tonight but each to their own.

Some very misguided opinions on here from people who have never been.

My only gripe with it was getting out of the car park.

• Options
    its on bbc2 at 9:45 if you're interested
    what years did you go Gary?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Luckily I have the new CharltonLife copyrighted subtext for Leroy's posts.

This one transliterates as
    Me me me, controversial me me me, swearing to make my point more strident, me me me, I am different from everyone else in my dreary suburb, me me me me me me me me me me ooh look at me - I am a big boy, I used the 'c' word, oooh me me me I am soooo special, no - one else needs to use it, me me everyone...I'm here

yawn
    Good one. If ever the career in (whatever it is you are currently failing at) doesn't pan out, at least you can get a job in post-modern sarcasm. Oh - wait, they don't have 'jobs' in post-modern sarcasm, do they? (see what I did there?)
    Oh no! My abject failure in my current career has been spotted by an attention-seeking, foul-mouthed, whining, negative, failed-smart-arsed abuser (you dont even know if post-modern sarcasm actually exists, let alone spot it).

I am sooo sorry Leroy. (now thats sarcasm)
  • Options
    Sod Glastonbury: Beckenham Today was where IT'S at.
  • Options
    would love to see pendulum live!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well beyonce's on and I've got the tissues out !! !
  • Options
    Well beyonce's on and I've got the tissues out !! !
    I think every male has. 
  • Options
    its on bbc2 at 9:45 if you're interested
    what years did you go Gary?
    I never said that buckshee...that was leroys comment. i simply quoted and added the final sentence.
  • Options
    Chill boys and enjoy beyonce !!!
  • Options
    Queens of the Stone Age on bbc 3 now, Beyonce can do one!
  • Options
    Been there, done that, thought i was going to die and crowdsurfed out to blood sugar... refining moment of my life
  • Options
    fully grown men singing their hearts out to beyonce. ive never seen anything like it.
  • Options
    To be fair, I think Leroy is undecided on Glastonbury.
  • Options
    kool and the gang - now that's what I'm talikng about muthf**ka!!!

Well, not really, but it's better than that wailing woman.
  • Options
    Who's that blonde bird doing the BBC coverage. Dumb shit idiot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've seen them live, in a word, crap! Although that may be due to seeing them in Milton Keynes. Orbital played again this year, now that's a band I want to see live!
  • Options
    Queens of the Stone Age on bbc 3 now, Beyonce can do one!
    Good move!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-7eieXDjgc

This is brilliant. Some of the #zanelowe comments on twitter are unbelievable though..
  • Options
    That's the bit I saw Callumcafc. Wtf is that woman wittering on about?!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    anyone else see Janelle Monae? I didn't think I particularly liked her music, branding it as interesting R&B perhaps .... but she put on an amazing performance, the songs were great and could not be pigeon-holed into R&B that's for sure.
    And what a splendid quiff!
    Shall have to revisit the album.
  • Options
    What's a quiff? Is it what I think it is?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    don't think so!!
    Pompadour
  • Options

Easy to sit there at home and say "oh it's a shit festival nowdays"

But quite frankly, it still is the best festival in the world bar NONE.

• Options
    anyone else see Janelle Monae? I didn't think I particularly liked her music, branding it as interesting R&B perhaps .... but she put on an amazing performance, the songs were great and could not be pigeon-holed into R&B that's for sure.
    And what a splendid quiff!
    Shall have to revisit the album.
    she was Excellent .....first time i have seen her
  • Options

Cool and the Gang?

Now that takes me back...

No idea what they are doing at a music festival but it was bloody marvellous.