Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New away kit

13»

Comments

• Options
    Wearing 'Aquascutum' does automatically make you 20% harder!
  • Options
    At least it looks better than this!
  • Options
    That reminds me of the West Germany 1990 shirt.
  • Options
    Don't like white as I drink Guinness and it shows up the spillages. Also don't like collars. Unless you are someone who takes a bit of pride in their appearance , collars are superfluous. The Macron logos on the arms are too big, and KRBS reads like someone's last four Scrabble tiles. Apart from that, it looks great.
    ;-)
  • Options
    it immediately reminds me of an old photo that I've seen somewhere, of eddie firmani in a white shirt with red across the shoulders a bit like epaullettes. any won else remember the picture?

and by the way, I like it to.
  • Options
    that do is a shocker, it wont last till xmas, not a chance
  • Options
    I think their market research tells them that people are unwilling to pay more.
  • Options
    Robbie has got to pick the goalie kit colours for the last couple of years. His theory is that bright colours rushing at a player are more distracting than more neutral ones. So in previous years we have had bright orange and shocking pink, I wonder what this season's will be? Maybe he'll get to pick one and Sullivan the other. I don't know Sullivan's tastes but wouldn't be surprised if we get a bright purple one - my son will love that I'm sure -He thinks the pink kit is the best ever.
  • Options
    I mentioned to Phil Chapple that we should do what Exeter did and have neon pink in one half and neon yellow for the second half.

He laughed but said the neon colours are a distraction to strikers

• Options
    well its usually the number 1 who picks the kits. deano had a good choice in kits. robbie not so much, hope sullivan goes back to a normal colour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no thanks .. it looks old fashioned, cheap (though it isn't) and cheerful and I am sick of shirts with these ridiculous little collars. A nice yellow and red outfit is what we need, like the Watford home kit.
  • Options
    The price of football shirts seem to be the only thing completely un-effected by the recession etc.....I remember picking up the home shirt after the draw that got us into the play-off's with Palace back in 1996 (I think) and it was £40.......15 years on.....still £40, how can that be?

You say that but isn't our kit £41 now??
  • Options
    no thanks .. it looks old fashioned, cheap (though it isn't) and cheerful and I am sick of shirts with these ridiculous little collars. A nice yellow and red outfit is what we need, like the Watford home kit.
    Yeah, very traditional.
  • Options
    On the matter of Traditional our first choice away kit imho should always be that of our cup final victory 47/48 season White shirts (or a variation thereof) / Black shorts.
  • Options
    On the matter of Traditional our first choice away kit imho should always be that of our cup final victory 47/48 season White shirts (or a variation thereof) / Black shorts.
    47/48 season?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Unlike you to 'Nit Pick' Henry good spot though should've been 46/47 as we came 2nd in 45/46 to Derby and your preference is? being a die hard fan.
  • Options
    No need to make it personal.

It's 1947

• Options
    Its not personal but if we are talking specifics why does the book by Richard Redden 'The History of Charlton Athletic Valley of Terars Valley of Joy' say 1946/47? - because an FA Cup campaign starts with the 1st round proper in November albeit Charlton didn't enter it until the 3rd round in January. Back to the thread  so what do you think about the new away kit then?
  • Options
    Whatever RR might say we won the cup in 1947. Cup wins have single dates but seasons dual dates.

The new shirt is OK, not too fussy and I agree that I would always have a black and white away kit.

However the people who buy kits want variation and change and he who pays the piper.
  • Options
    don't like it and if anything i'd say it is fussy - bit of a 'hotchpotch'. I think the Ribera kits were amongst the best we've had in modern (ish) times - plain, simple and stylish but as has been said, people who buy kits regularly need variation i guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a data base that shows all of the old shirts, or kits ?
  • Options
    www.historicalkits.co.uk
  • Options
    www.historicalkits.co.uk
    cheers, would love a 82/83 adidas shirt
  • Options
    Think Macron have produced some great stuff for us. The current home kit is the best in years IMO.
    Away shirt looks a bit like an England rugby shirt but i reckon it's decent.
    Also like the training gear the players are wearing in the gallery pics on the os. The red top would make a good home kit.