Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should I get a cat?

Comments

• With NLA.

I have an irrational hatred of them.

Without a doubt the most selfish animal I know of. Will not think twice about upping sticks if it thinks it can get a better deal elsewhere.
    The Marcus Bent of the mammalian world.
  • Why don't you get one for Christmas and review the situation a few weeks later ?

I'm not biting! :)
  • With NLA.

Without a doubt the most selfish animal I know of. Will not think twice about upping sticks if it thinks it can get a better deal elsewhere.
    Sounds a bit like some footballers.
  • The fact they'll up sticks and leave is kind of what I like about them - you know they're there because they really like it and not out of some loyalty instinct that makes them stick around even if you treat them like shite.

If Cats could talk, they would lie to you.

• I love cats, nothing like having a cat to cuddle up to in front of the TV, they do not moan when I blow off unlike the Mrs.

• What Leroy said.

We got our kitten at 5 weeks. The missus had one day booked off work with it and then we've left it at home ever since.
  • How can you not like the animal because it is 'selfish'?

By that token, dogs have no self respect because they love you even if you treat them like shyte....should I hate them for being so thick?

No, they're animals, not people.

Animals do what animals do, it's not their fault.

• We got two (one from Foal Farm - I would recommend them highly) and then a neighbours cat decided our place was more to his liking and 'adopted' us.  Absolutely agree with Exiled - it's their independence which makes them appealing so that when they want a cuddle you can feel it is special.  Leave small bowls of water in different places as they like to vary their drinking places.
  • How can you not like the animal because it is 'selfish'?

By that token, dogs have no self respect because they love you even if you treat them like shyte....should I hate them for being so thick?

No, they're animals, not people.

Animals do what animals do, it's not their fault.

Ermmmm....think I quantified it when I used the word irrational.
  • Did you mean 'qualify'?

It's not irrational if you have reasons for it - which you outlined!

Not that it matters; each to their own.  I just like pretty much all animals - it doesn't mean that I want to try and cuddle a bull shark!

• Sponsored links:

• Get this cat it needs your help
  • edited July 2011
    No

They kill birds, frogs, newts, toads and anything else they can for no purpose as they don't eat them.

Evil animals.
  • No

They eat birds, frogs, newts, toads and anything else they can for no purpose as they do't eat them.

Evil animals.

Best sentence ever. Did you run that back and forth through Google translate a few times? :)
  • Meant kill

Cat lover
  • Alex, the shelter would simply be for emergencies. I looked online for stories about catflap fitters in double glazing, and there was one person in particular who was constantly complained about as a cowboy...don't know if it was the Dartford person.

I think a rescue cat is a good idea...it's Mrs Plum that wants a good looking one.

• "...it's Mrs Plum that wants a good looking one."

Well, she wasn't very lucky with you, Seth!

;o)
  • Thats why she is seeking an alternative....
  • We got two (one from Foal Farm - I would recommend them highly) and then a neighbours cat decided our place was more to his liking and 'adopted' us.  Absolutely agree with Exiled - it's their independence which makes them appealing so that when they want a cuddle you can feel it is special.  Leave small bowls of water in different places as they like to vary their drinking places.
    too true about them choosing their owners. i remember when my my ex decided i was surplus to requirements. i always used to feed her ans pet her, but ex didnt like her much. i didnt want to take her with me as she was an outdoor cat and i was moving to a place with no outside area. i left the cat behind and she adopted the neighbours as a new owner. she just stopped coming home, wish i'd thought of that years earlier, lol. my new partner has a cat, cost us £800 to bring him from sweden, VIP (very important puss) or what! he's great company, always purring and sleeps whenever we do and as were both shift workers, thats quite a lot.
  •  my new partner has a cat, cost us £800 to bring him from sweden, VIP (very important puss) or what!
    I'm shipping my three to Canada next year - the Missus said either they come or she doesn't. Unbelivebaly my employer has agreed to pay for it as part of my relocation package! 
  • Cats are wicked, if you get the right breed they can be intelligent and loving....

I give you Elvis - 9 years old and still a kitten at heart....pedigre devon rex (proper gremlin)

• Sponsored links:

• Definately get one - they are low maintenance and good company
  • Brilliant, Folder ......looks like something out of Lord of the Rings!

;o)
  • With NLA.

The Marcus Bent of the mammalian world.
    He may be a useless tosser but Marcus Bent was still a mammal last time I checked.
  • Just when you think you've seen threads on everything, Charlton Life throws this one into the mix.

"Should I get a cat?" Am laughing here.
  • No pussy footing about
  • Well Off_it we had one on dogs so one for moggies is only fair.  Mind you I hope we don't have one on budgies - can't stand them
  • Well Off_it we had one on dogs so one for moggies is only fair.  Mind you I hope we don't have one on budgies - can't stand them
    Oh I'm not knocking it mate - just think its funny!
  • edited July 2011
    Well Off_it we had one on dogs so one for moggies is only fair.  Mind you I hope we don't have one on budgies - can't stand them
    A card in the window of our local newsagents:

"FOR SALE - budgies going cheep"

Sorry. Where's that taxi?
  • I have always had cats  and 9 years ago got a young mum and son from Cats Protection League - Loulou and Percy. Prepare for a lifetime of happiness and always taking second place in your own home. But do not get a cat unless it can safely go outside when they like and you can take proper care of them
  • edited July 2011

Take one pace forward everyone that cleans up after their cat S***s in the street..................Lol

:Dons Tin Hat:...................................