Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aldershot v Charlton PSF 20 July 2011 - News, Views and Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Have cooled down and chilled out , looking forward to Woking.
  • Options

If some of us are panicking now, what will happen when the season gets underway?

Pre-season friendlies are about regaining fitness and avoiding injury. Yes, winning helps but it is not the be all.

This is virtually a completely new team/squad, it will take time to gel. We've had 4 friendlies FFS, 2 in blistering heat.

Any lower league opposition we play in these friendlies will look to put one over us, that's just the way it is.

• Options
    Sorry to be downbeat, but having seen relegation form in the run in, I was hoping for signs of improvement. I didn't see any. Roll on Woking.
  • Options
    Well done Redmidland  a good balanced view as alway's.
    Looking forward to your away game coverage this season. 
    Benno is not my favourite player, but  thought it might be his season, or should I say I was hoping it was for all of us?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for your efforts Redmid. Much appreciated.

Also, apart from the nonsense of taking friendlies way too seriously, I heard we had a double training session on Tuesday, something that they would never do the day before a league game. They are obviously working hard on fitness at this stage of the season, so I don't think we should arrange a mass suicide just yet.

These guys have only just met, let alone played together, so give them a chance to get to know one another.

• Options

My thoughts...

It was a good early season workout for RedMidland, a few teething problems were spotted with the broadband connection, and I'm hoping that these will be ironed out before the season starts.

• Options

It does irritate me when we comment on the coach when in reality we have no idea on Dyer's strengths or weaknesses - I think it is only reasonable to make judgements on the manager because the buck stops with him ultimately. Bit because a manager is popular like Curbs and Powell it can make the coach an easy target for the people who have to find blame. Unless you have attended a Dyer coaching session or work directly with him you are not in a position to have or have no faith in him. He is part of Chrissy's management team so it's down to Chrissy - whether good or bad.

It is too early to draw conclusions and I think we'll see a few more signings and one or two quality additions could see us being extremely strong - not a time to  panic.

• Options

My thoughts...

It was a good early season workout for RedMidland, a few teething problems were spotted with the broadband connection, and I'm hoping that these will be ironed out before the season starts.

Absolutely brilliant BFR....made me laugh!!

I need to get my keyboard skills sorted out as welll.....too many typo's!! Looks as though I cant speel (I know..LOL)
  • Options
    Wasn't it a pre-season game for Aldershot too ?

We didn't play well

We need to play better

It's no more complicated than that

• Options
    We'll probably all go over the top the other way when we beat Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll probably all go over the top the other way when we beat Millwall.
    As we are presently the lower league side in this match-up, I would expect our players to up their game, so maybe we will win?