Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aldershot v Charlton PSF 20 July 2011 - News, Views and Match Thread

After a week of Viva Espana the boys are back in town looking to finally make a jailbreak from league 1.

At this stage it is likely to be one set of players getting 60 or 70 minutes tonight and the remainder matching that at Woking. The first team will only really start to become clear  v Den Bosch and Den Scum.  However, line ups will be studied for any clues as to Powell's preferences.

Mikel Alonso has yet to start and Evina has been injured.  Will they be deemed ready?   Andersen and Williams have been of trial and Honorato is said to be here for the first team squad.  This can be a brutal time for players without deals. This maybe their last or only chance, that's if they haven't already been given the elbow.

Powell is said to still be looking for players so good, or bad, performances tonight may well influence his thinking.

Aldershot were once league opponents of the Addicks but much water has passed under the bridge since then.  The Club was re-founded as their badge testifies since when they have climbed back up the football pyramid.  

Watch out for their young keeper.  Released by a league 1 side this summer he might have something to prove.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone going along tonight ?
  • Options
    For anyone that doesn't know there will be commentary on CAFC Player by Charlton Live.
  • Options
    Anyone going along tonight ?

Yes.
  • Options

Yep, is the only pre-season game I can make this time around before the season starts, so looking forward to seeing Hollands, Green, Morrison, Hayes and Wiggins.......

Had no idea Aldershot was a league club though. Was looking at the conference table to see where they finished last year - derr! Should be a decent enough test. COYR! 

• Options
    For anyone that doesn't know there will be commentary on CAFC Player by Charlton Live.
    And I'll be doing a match thread for those that havent got player and arent going....starting around 7:15....looking forward to getting back to doing this again this coming season.
  • Options
    For those interested in stats, our league record at their Recreation Ground has been one of the worst.  No points taken in 4 games.
  • Options
    For those interested in stats, our league record at their Recreation Ground has been one of the worst.  No points taken in 4 games.
    Can't see us getting any tonight either ;-)
  • Options
    me n the mrs will b there!
  • Options
    yep im going
  • Options

I'm going ,having been passed the Ground a few times on the train this will be my first visit.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see us getting any tonight either ;-)

History is against us, but let's hope the other results go our way and we can hold on to fifth place then.
  • Options

the lad on trial Alexis Honero will be making some form of appearancen this eve, or so he hopes (emailed me this morning, what a geek I am!!)

• Options
    And I'll be doing a match thread for those that havent got player and arent going....starting around 7:15....looking forward to getting back to doing this again this coming season.
    Thanks appreciated
  • Options
    Potentially a first outing for the new away shirt tonight. Pretty sure Aldershot's home shirt is red and blue.
  • Options

the lad on trial Alexis Honero will be making some form of appearancen this eve, or so he hopes (emailed me this morning, what a geek I am!!)

Are you friends or something?

• Options
    And I'll be doing a match thread for those that havent got player and arent going....starting around 7:15....looking forward to getting back to doing this again this coming season.
    Cheers Red :)
  • Options
    anyone know if the terrace is covered ?
  • Options

No, just did a little research and emailed him wondering if he was indeed on trial with us, after a bizare response explained I was a charlton fan and wished him luck, hoping he was the preditory striker with been crying out for for further options in the squad

seemed pretty level headed and was good of him to reply

• Options
    edited July 2011
    anyone know if the terrace is covered ?

Tutt Tutt said on other Aldershot thread, away end, seats and terrace was covered. 
  • Options

I remember us playing Aldershot at The Valley in about 1974 & the back of The Covered End chanting :-

"Aldershit clap clap clap, Aldershit clap clap clap, throughout most of the game.

(Thought that was pretty rude as a naive 12 yr old kid standing at the front of The Covered End, possibly for the first season)   :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just saw 3 addicks in colours get off the train at Woking! Ermmmmm.....
  • Options
    Sullivan is not involved - looks like Elliot and Gough
  • Options

No, just did a little research and emailed him wondering if he was indeed on trial with us, after a bizare response explained I was a charlton fan and wished him luck, hoping he was the preditory striker with been crying out for for further options in the squad

seemed pretty level headed and was good of him to reply

Cheers good research :)
  • Options
    Right I'm signed into player....just waiting for the start of the programme....any news mentioned I'll put on here until the match thread starts.
  • Options
    Charlton side v Aldershot: Elliot, Solly, Taylor, Morrison, Wiggins, Wagstaff, Hollands, Jackson, Green, Benson, Wright-Phillips #cafc
  • Options
    Subs: Gough, Andersen, Warren, Mambo, Davisson, Popo, Bover #cafc
  • Options
    Everyone can relax. Seb is here.
  • Options
    Not getting anything on CAFC player yet...is anyone else?
  • Options
    yes but not very loud?
  • Options
    wonder where sullivan and hayes are?