Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wagstaff to Burnley ?

Comments

• Options
    I'd rather have fans put their poison on a site like this than shout negative crap at the game.
    Maybe Charlton Life is like the wasps jam jar. 
    Surprised at Golfie mind as he normally says good stuff.
    I like Waggy. He gets the ball and shifts and scares teams. Plus he has a cool strike n'all.

It's the close season and this is generally a laid back place, though of late it does seem to have attracted its fair share of nutters.
  • Options

The timing of his runs into the box is so good you know there is the maikings of a great player there. It was Peacock who first played him upfront and this where he should be tried on a more frequent basis.

Ambrose was never a winger and it took a good manager to spot that his best place was behind the front two and look at the number of goals he scored from that position.

As I said pre-season last year, he could be the fast off the shoulder player we need. God forbid that he leaves and becomes the £mil+ player we wish we could afford!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I like Scott, think he a bit of a poor mans Johnny Robinson, but he's not going to be a starter with Green in the side
    To be fair, Johnny Robinson was a poor mans Johnny Robinson when we first signed him. I always used to say that with Robson's skill and delivery and Robinson's energy and workrate we had a decent winger there!
  • Options
    Wagstaffs going nowhere its only a rumour. Wagtaff can be good some games others bad but he always gives 100% and hes one of the players that will develop into something better. Personally i think he could be one to watch this season. he can only get better. How can anyone beleive this thread it FALSE.
  • Options
    Scott waggstaff is a just behind the striker player for me, he has great movement and an eye for goal, he is regarded in the coaching team as one of the best in this position,

All you that see him and Sam as a reminder of where we have come from need your eyes tested

Pardew

m bent

Traore

Hasslebank

Pouso

Dowie

Shall I continue are the reminder not a young lad who has improved year on year and is only his third full season.

You guys are a reminder of where we have come from more than him, delusions of grandeur the lot of you sometimes I am embarsed by what is posted today is one of those days
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    500k from burnley for waggy !
  • Options
    This situation can be summed up with two words. Danny Green.

Wagstaff is going to play second fiddle to him. If we've been offered 500k, which I dont believe for one second we have, that is too good to turn down.
  • Options

500k from burnley for waggy !
    Well, it's only fair - they mugged us for Andy Gray ................. (joke NLA!)
  • Options
    This situation can be summed up with two words. Danny Green. Wagstaff is going to play second fiddle to him. If we've been offered 500k, which I dont believe for one second we have, that is too good to turn down.
    Depends how it goes at bringing other strikers in though, if things don't go to plan then Wagstaff might be needed as cover in that area
  • Options
    Mate 500k for anyone in our team i would sell. I dint disagree with selling him for the right dough I disagree that he is pony and offers. Nothing as others have insinuated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This situation can be summed up with two words. Danny Green. Wagstaff is going to play second fiddle to him. If we've been offered 500k, which I dont believe for one second we have, that is too good to turn down.
    Depends how it goes at bringing other strikers in though, if things don't go to plan then Wagstaff might be needed as cover in that area

I dont buy this we might use him upfront stuff.

He has been involved in all of the pre-season friendlies and played right midfield in all of them.

If there was a grand plan to use him in the hole, we would have seen it tried by now.

• Options
    Our old mucker at the SLP has just tweeted that the club no nothing of any interest from Burnley.

Expect a deal to be announced within the hour!
  • Options

Hypothetically speaking - if the Benson saga gets like Tevez (both equally good imo :P) and drags on for a while but he ends up being sold - If Euell isn't offered a contract or another club signs him before we make an offer - if Honore's trial doesn't end up with him signing - and we got to a few days before the start of the season with only BWP and Hayes, would you still accept 500k for Waggy or keep him as the 3rd striker?

Awful lot of if's I know and it won't happen but I'm bored.

• Options
    Clem I'm not suggesting that Waggy will be thought of as a striker by Powell right now, just that if we were short on numbers then apart from Popo (who many don't seem to think is up to it) then he's really the only midfielder who could be converted.
  • Options
    Our old mucker at the SLP has just tweeted that the club no nothing of any interest from Burnley.

Expect a deal to be announced within the hour!

Interestingly enough, Fourth Official on Twitter has said that Burnley have bid £500 k for Waggy and he's normally fairly spot on.
  • Options
    If Burnley want him then we should keep him unless we really need the money. Let Burnley develop their own talent . Wagstaff has one priceless ability .. he scores goals (as well as always giving 100%). Cant cross but neither can Wright-Phillips (not ours), Johnson or Young and they are all multi million players and internationals.
  • Options
    if he gets 10 league goals for anyone i'll eat my chocolate kakpo sodje hat ,........ i'll give 5 to 1 charity bet on 10 league goals for any named season in the future , lightening wont strike twice 

squad player for us at best

• Options
    If he stays I will take you up on that oohaa
  • Options
    If he stays I will take you up on that oohaa
    Me too!!
  • Options

Gutted if he left.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    wherever he is next year 5 to 1 and every season in the football league forever 
  • Options
    for each individual season 
  • Options
    Your on mate
  • Options
    Went to get some match day tickets , bumped into Scott in the Car Park , asked him about the Burnley rumour , said don't know where thats come from , thinks some ones made it up.
  • Options
    Was down there myself Mendonca....... and saw a car with  the registration DEFIIO ...... 
    Was it his second cousin removed or the man himself? or someone with a 'striking  coincidence'....... is this how rumours start? I think we should know
  • Options
    Great to see CP rubbish the rumour and talk of a new deal for Waggy!
  • Options
    Great to see CP rubbish the rumour and talk of a new deal for Waggy!
    Where did you see that Mart?
  • Options
    On the newsshopper site. I find it hard to do links from my mobile but there's a story on there with quotes from CP.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!