Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton are interested in bringing 18-year old Leicester City striker Jeff Schlupp

Comments

• Options
    Schlupp?
    OK sorry, lost track of the thread there .. as Jesus sayeth ... gawd knows .. and he aint telling
    Lol fair enough, i've heard nothing of him apart from on here.
  • Options
    Schlupp?
    OK sorry, lost track of the thread there .. as Jesus sayeth ... gawd knows .. and he aint telling
    Lol fair enough, i've heard nothing of him apart from on here.
    nor me .. but with a name like his .. it won't be the last you'll hear of him I'll be bound
  • Options
    If he's texting about going for a shit he's definitely an @MCS and @Carter kind of player!
  • Options
    Scored a hatrick tonight...sign him up
  • Options
    Better start looking elsewhere :0(
  • Options
    Shame really that he scored a hatrick tonight as it highlights his talent to other teams. Lets hope that Power uses his contacts. Was he there when Powel was? Does he know him?
  • Options
    I did hear something about that on Saturday as well but I hesitate to post it.
  • Options

Theres no chance of us getting him now.

• Options
    Gutted after his heroics tonight... but clearly going to stay there now!!!

• Options
    I did hear something about that on Saturday as well but I hesitate to post it.
    Go on, go on, go on!  Tell us, do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spoke to a Leicester City fan yesterday, before this hattrick, who said he was a great prospect and he thought CP would have been in for him on loan.
  • Options
    Sheff Wed are after him according to their forum Owls talk!!!!
  • Options
    He started for Leicester yesterday. I'd guess that means that they're reluctant to let him out on loan. 
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Taken from the Into The Valley forum:

"Is what I am hearing tonight and Benson will be gone by the end of the window. Schlupp as you will know banged in a superb hatrick against Rotherham in the Carling Cup last week and as a result kept his place for his first senior start in the league against Reading last weekend.

The step up was to much for him by all accounts and he was very ineffective. I see he has been dropped tonight and is not even on the bench for their home game against Bristol City and I have just been vtold that he is coming to us. Same source that told me about Hayes earlier in the summer.

• Options
    Wouldn't say no...would be surprised if it did happen, though.
  • Options
    If Benson goes then that will mean Popo is our fourth striker. We need four strikers that would be effective at this level and Schlupp banged in a hat-trick against a good league two side. Snap him up on a season long loan please.
  • Options
    their other strikers didn't excatly set the world alight last night, I can't see us getting him, especially not a season long loan
  • Options
    would be great signing! who would drop from the bench though hmmm!?
  • Options
    Would be a decent signing but I'd much prefer a target man. Can use Waggy up front if we need pace. If we want height and strength up front we have no one. It's not that we need someone to hoof the ball up to, but a player like that will cause problems in a way our other strikers can't, and would also be a good target for crosses.

I'd imagine Leicester and the player himself would also expect him to get regular games, if he did sign he'd probably be rotated like Eccleston was.
  • Options

Surely Leicester, given their current plight, would get slaughtered by their fans if he was allowed out on loan?

Imagine them struggling for goals whilst their own teenager who has scored a pro hat-trick is on loan at The Valley and can't be recalled until January, I can't see that happening.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Opened the scoring in their cup match tonight, away to Bury
  • Options
    Martyn Waghorn has been told by Leicester that he can find another club before the deadline closes. Two things here :

1) wouldn't say no to us signing him, Sheff Weds interested apparently
    2) can't see them letting Schlupp leave too
  • Options
    Martyn Waghorn has been told by Leicester that he can find another club before the deadline closes. Two things here :

1) wouldn't say no to us signing him, Sheff Weds interested apparently
    2) can't see them letting Schlupp leave too
    ...you mean, you can't see Leicester letting him Schlupp away?

• Options
    Haven't read the whole thread and it might have been done, but if we do get him how about...

The Only Way is Schlupp, maybe, for CAFC now.
  • Options
    Schlupp came on in the 6th minute for the injured David Nugent today, so this may hamper our attempts to sign him even if they sign Maynard.
  • Options
    Schlupp will NOT be joining us before Sept 1st.........FACT
  • Options
    Schlupp will NOT be joining us before Sept 1st.........FACT

Maybe not but I'd still hope to sign a perm striker before Sep 1st if Benson leaves.
  • Options
    I think it's fair to say we HAVE to sign another striker if Benson goes.

I can't believe we'd sell him unless we had someone else lined up tbh.
  • Options
    Going up,
    Going up,
    Going up with Jeffrey Schlupp

To the tune of The Yanks are coming.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any updates?