Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grzegorz Rasiak

Comments

• Options
    Mmm a tall, tubby, slightly lazy Pole? Deja Vu?
  • Options
    A Reading fan i know sent me this tweet:

I liked him, a lot. Frustrating to watch but amazing goals to minutes ratio. Provided a different option when we needed it. Most #readingfc fans hated him. Thought he was lazy and disinterested.
  • Options
    worse than jason dozzell?
    Absolutely.  Dozzell was head and shoulders better than him.  Says it all really.
  • Options
    I like this lodz and lodz
  • Options
    at least i've heard of him.
  • Options
    If he is still the player of a few years back then yes please. Would be great to have coming off the bench with 15 to go.
  • Options
    One thing we have confirmed now is that Danny Green will provide a stream of good crosses. What we now need is for someone to consistently get on the end of them and convert them into goals. With the people we now have involved in finding the right players, I will relax and trust their judgement.
  • Options
    Didn't he play for Tottenham at one point?
    It really depends on your definition of the word "play".

I think without a doubt, he was the most useless pile of steaming turd ever to have worn the hallowed Spurs shirt - and belive me, we've had more than our fair share of stinkers over the years.

• Options
    I don't rate him.
  • Options
    More than good enough to be a league 1 striker (and realistically, a tall option to come off the bench).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think without a doubt, he was the most useless pile of steaming turd ever to have worn the hallowed Spurs shirt - and belive me, we've had more than our fair share of stinkers over the years.

If I recall correctly, I remember him coming on as sub at HT when we were 2-0 at Leicester(?) in the FA Cup (may have been a Sunday night on BBC, it was a weird old kick off time).  We were absolutely strolling but they came back and won 3-2 with a winner in injury time?  Am sure he missed an open goal from about 2 or 3 yards out.  Or was I imagining the whole thing?  You'll probably remember better than I do.
  • Options
    Remember thinking he'd always score against us everytime he was playing. Not a bad move if he's still got it although a year older than Benson.

If it happens then I guess Euell won't be coming back.
  • Options

If I recall correctly, I remember him coming on as sub at HT when we were 2-0 at Leicester(?) in the FA Cup (may have been a Sunday night on BBC, it was a weird old kick off time).  We were absolutely strolling but they came back and won 3-2 with a winner in injury time?  Am sure he missed an open goal from about 2 or 3 yards out.  Or was I imagining the whole thing?  You'll probably remember better than I do.
    8th January 2006.

Away to Leicester City. Jermaine Jenas and Paul Stalteri gave Tottenham a two-goal lead only for it to be squandered with Leicester's Mark de Vries grabbing a 90th minute winner.

We had already been knocked-out of the League Cup by Grimsby Town earlier that season, so we finished up by playing the absolute minimum of 40 matches in 2005-06.

• Options

8th January 2006.

Away to Leicester City. Jermaine Jenas and Paul Stalteri gave Tottenham a two-goal lead only for it to be squandered with Leicester's Mark de Vries grabbing a 90th minute winner.

We had already been knocked-out of the League Cup by Grimsby Town earlier that season, so we finished up by playing the absolute minimum of 40 matches in 2005-06.

Good ;-)
  • Options
    Somewhat concerning that his last three clubs got rid early - Watford turned down the option to sign him permanently, Reading and Limassol both released him after one year of a two year deal.
  • Options
    Somewhat concerning that his last three clubs got rid early - Watford turned down the option to sign him permanently, Reading and Limassol both released him after one year of a two year deal.

Don't know about the Cypriot team but Watford and Reading were both in the CCC, maybe he can't do it at that level but has enough in the tank for L1?
  • Options
    He scored 10 in 25 for Watford and 10 in 30 for Reading - not bad at CCC level for a classic 'second striker'. If he got 10-12 goals and BWP got 25 we would be very happy. He creates as much as scores.
  • Options
    He scored 10 in 25 for Watford and 10 in 30 for Reading - not bad at CCC level for a classic 'second striker'. If he got 10-12 goals and BWP got 25 we would be very happy. He creates as much as scores.

Yep, those are the stats I saw, they suggest a player who knows how to score goals at a decent level, my view is that we could do a lot, lot worse than him.

I would rather bring him in than Euell, I think he is the player we are missing.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I doubt if Watford turned down signing him, he'd just hit 10 goals for them.  The truth at the time was Watford were virtually skimming off admin, with people fighting in the boardroom.  There was no chance they were going to take over a contract which would have cost over a mill in wages and a transfer fee.  So they sensibly signed Helguson on loan for most of that coming season.

Personally Rasiak's way past his champ best on the bell curve.  Although we need more physical presence up front, I'd rather have that in a hungry type player like Cody Macdonald; albeit on slightly more physical than Mcdonald, but definitely not in the shape of Showunamamememem.

Mark de Vries scoring in the English game.. tut tut.  The season before I'd seen Alan Maybury skin Konchesky and almost score.  Well I'd say skin but it was more like a sloth chasing a pwoper tough tooled up tortoise.
  • Options

It all comes down to budget , I heard Powell saying we want between 4/5 strikers so we are not 'caught short' . If as it looks probable Benson stays then we currently have three .

Rasiak potentially offers something different to what we already have and at 32 is the same age as Benson and slightly younger than Euell.

I first saw him play for Derby in 2004/05 and he impressed me , I was not surprised when he got the big move to Spurs and note what John Boy and THFC60/61 say. I think we were linked with him in the Pardew era when he went to Reading and Watford where he also had a good scoring record .

Remember we are in League One and he has never played this low before , Dailly looked a much better player for us at this level than he had done previously when he played in the Prem or Championship . I think this is worth a punt.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another Todorov type player really, not sure what his injury record is like though.
  • Options
    Much better injury record than Todorov according to Wiki. Seems to play a good chunk of games every year.
  • Options
    Another Todorov type player really, not sure what his injury record is like though.

Not really, he's more of your classic target man player whereas Todarov was more of a deep-lying link man, similar roles but performed very differently.
  • Options
    Todorov was a big loss when he got his knee shattered by that Timar guy. 
  • Options

This is what wiki says about Cyprus

AEL Limassol F.C

He signed his contract with AEL in Cyprus but was freed from his contract by FIFA after a contractual dispute with the club.

• Options
    ''One thing we have confirmed now is that Danny Green will provide a stream of good crosses. What we now need is for someone to consistently get on the end of them and convert them into goals. With the people we now have involved in finding the right players, I will relax and trust their judgement.''

Benson? seemed to work for them at daggers..
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I don't think Raz would be a bad shout for us?

Unless of course he's injury prone , and would be a drain on the wage bill?
  • Options
    He's not particularly injury prone, he fits the big lump mold and he knows the ins and outs of English football and has the experience to give most L1 defences a bit of hassle. Could do a lot worse IMO, wages dependent naturally.
  • Options

Confirmed by Powell on OS that he has trained with us for a couple of days and was at The Valley last night.

Apparently he has been out of football since May (obviously) so he wont jump straight into the team if anything happens.

Seems to suggest the striker Powell has confirmed he is after will be one who is ready to go (Schlupp?)

• Options
    It doesn't bode very well when Spurs fans on here think he was their worst player ever. This is a club that had Paulo Tramezzani and Ramon Vega playing for them!