Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grzegorz Rasiak

124»

Comments

• Options
    sign him
  • Options

to be honest I'd like a good striker in ASAP.
    We'd all live a good striker in ASAP, why wouldn't we but that's not the same as need.

And anyway how soon is ASAP?   Powell is said to want Schlupp but will have to wait till leicester sign another striker.  Should we then forget Schlupp because we can't get him this instant or play the long game and wait till the right player or players are available?

I don't don't get all this "need"  "ASAP".  This is the real world not football manager, deals take time and depend on other deals, other players, other clubs.

Wait and see, it's a marathon not a sprint.
  • Options
    When I say ASAP I mean just that. No need to hurry and get in the wrong guy, take your time but when convenient, get it all sorted. Simples.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    no thanks, Euell and Benson will do for me with Wagstaff as a fallback.
  • Options
    How many games before the end of August? At least six I think. As it is we will only have one striker available for the bench and that will become none if someone picks up a knock. I'd say another striker is very urgent.
  • Options
    If we need a striker in an emergency we'll probably look at a loan.
    We have until the end of August to find the right player for us. No need to rush.
  • Options
    How many games before the end of August? At least six I think. As it is we will only have one striker available for the bench and that will become none if someone picks up a knock. I'd say another striker is very urgent.
    different situations but .. marry in haste .. repent at your leisure, less speed, more haste, IF you get my drift
  • Options
    Not that impressed with Hayes to be honest but probably a bit stronger and better than Benson. A run of the mill lower league striker but think we definitely need another couple of strikers. Anybody who thinks Benson's days aren't numbered are being naive. We need a big target man and probably another channel runner but there's no desparation right now as long as it's done by the close of the window as i can't see as having enough at the moment.  
  • Options
    So johnboy, would it be fair to say he was tottenhamized? ;-)

As henners says, we don't need to have 4 strikers for the first game. We have 3 and Waggy can also play in a support striking role if need be so no panic. The quiker the deal is done, the more chance of it blowing up in our face.
  • Options
     Anybody who thinks Benson's days aren't numbered are being naive.
    Yeah, his days are numbered. He is, after all 32. But as long as his "numbered days" don't expire before his contract does then no problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would rather have Abbott back
  • Options
     Anybody who thinks Benson's days aren't numbered are being naive.
    Yeah, his days are numbered. He is, after all 32. But as long as his "numbered days" don't expire before his contract does then no problems.
    Well, not really. The plan is obviously to flog him and use the money to get a better striker and one that compliments bwp better. I'm not predicting he's about to keel over. 
  • Options

I'd give him a miss

• Options
    Blimey is Rasiak that bad?
  • Options
    Really? A player who has done ok at best in the third tier over a player that has scored in the second tier football and at full international level. I don't think Rasiak is a brilliant player but that is such a silly somment
  • Options
    Really? A player who has done ok at best in the third tier over a player that has scored in the second tier football and at full international level. I don't think Rasiak is a brilliant player but that is such a silly somment
    The point being that I wouldn't want either to been seen wearing a CAFC shirt.
  • Options
    Have seen rasiak play really well and have also seen him be poor. Not sure how old he is but if he's fit and up for it and we can afford him then him and a proper target man may be good additions but gut feeling says there's something Todorov esque about it. If we want to play good fluid football then we may need that bit of extra class and quality to come short and link up play. Hayes did do that in patches last night and maybe he'll get sharper so for me it's a target man and one other who CP can maybe decide on over the next few weeks (assuming we can recoup money on Benson)   
  • Options
    will be interesting to see who starts saturday!
  • Options
    we need a fast ' eccleston' type player .. not a big lump like rasiak
  • Options
    Sign him up. He's only ever looked dangerous against us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah get him in
  • Options
    Not instead of Euell though
  • Options
    we need a fast ' eccleston' type player .. not a big lump like rasiak
    If bwp is to be our main striker then it would seem that a big lump will be more complimentary to his game than somebody like ecclestone as was proved last year - ideally we need both but a reasonably mobile big lump who is decent in the air but can play a bit as well is our priority. (there again, most of the league could say that)
  • Options
    Out of all our strikers since we were relegated from the Premier League I would have Rasiak down as the laziest. Saying that though he has a good finish on him, he reads the game well and will usually be in the right place at the right time inside the box. 

One thing that always bugged me from his time at Southampton was he isn't that great at winning 50/50 headers. He will often jump far too early in an attempt to put the defender off but it hardly ever worked. 

• Options
    News shopper says he's returned home after failing to earn a contract with us.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9191130.Striker_returns_home_after_failing_to_win_Addicks_contract/?ref=ec
  • Options
    I infer from the quotes that we didn't quite feel he'd got himself up to the desired fitness level, but might just be interested later on if he can improve that. Or perhaps Chrissy was just being diplomatic!