Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EDL

124»

Comments

• Options

Is there any proof that this group was set up by people who have ever actually been to the Valley (except to hand out leaflets). It takes nothing to set up a group, I suspect the EDL set them up for every club.

The problem with 'tackling people's concerns and fears' is that they are vary rarley based on any fact.

Fears are rarely rational and therefore rational actions wont prevent them (ask anyone who has a fear of flying). However tackling people that spread hatred can be done -  I can't beleive people are so happy to sit back and allow this to happen at a club with our history.

If you show me an actual problem that the irradication of Islam / muslims or immigrants alone will solve then I will happily tackle it.

& bang. You've just done exactly what every liberal & labour MP do. Come out with a false statement that smears anyone on the right and twists it into a racial issue that everyone tip toes around.

I can't ever recall the EDL saying they wish to eradicate all of Islam/Muslims and all immigrants. In fact they don't. They were set up after the extremists protested in Luton, the burning of the poppy, etc etc and their publicised aims are to tackle EXTREME Islam...not all Islam.

Now, we all know that many hold these same views. I don't know many who condone extreme Islam. Can't think of anyone who wasn't horrified at the behaviour of these idiots at the soldiers homecoming parade and burning the poppy.

Those of us with a bit of nous about us know that whilst many people share these sentiments, these groups are always overtaken with idiots who lean much farther to the right, hijack it for their own agendas and turn it into the whole anti-immigrant thing. & I don't know many at all that wish to be a part of that either.

But whilst those on right drag it further right, and while those on the left seek to discredit with smears, those in the middle with genuine worries about Britian breeding more suicide bombers, preachers left unchecked, kids being fed hatred, women & gay rights in these communities being abused, sharia law trying to be introduced to tower hamlets etc, then nothing happens. & this applies to every extremist group, not just a small minority of muslims.
    I never thought id agree with a Millwall fan ;-) but hey I think you have summed the issue up perfectly.
  • Options
    "So that's Tommy Robinson or to use his real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. 
    Maybe he uses a false name because of his previous membership of the
    BNP?"

Is that fact Henry? (honest question)
  • Options

The only football ground where I've been offered any racist literature was predictably the Den (the old variant).

Was it the programme?

Brilliant! Funniest one-liner I have ever read on here, well done sir!
  • Options
    "So that's Tommy Robinson or to use his real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.  Maybe he uses a false name because of his previous membership of the BNP?"

Is that fact Henry? (honest question)
    To the best of my knowledge yes it is.
  • Options
    Let's not start rewriting history SLL, the EDL was around long before the poppy burning incedent.
    It come about after the Luton protests and strengthened with further shows of dissent like the poppy burning and Islam4UK (Choudreys mob and VERY small following) planning a protest at Wootton Basset.
  • Options

The abject failure of the BNP in the general election proves that most people don't want extrremisim of any form. There is a fear that we over-react to a minority with big statement and legislation to combat a mintoriy,

We the British public were allowed to choose, they (in vast numbers) chose not to choose the BNP. I am pretty sure the same would be true if anyone actually ask the majority in Tower Hamlets if they want Sharia Low. The same was also true when a section of England was asked if they wanted an amount of independence.

This doesn't mean we should let these minorities offer theu hatred in front of our club.

And yes I would feel the same if someone came to Charlton handing out leaflet promoting sharia law, anti- abortion, communisim, anarchy etc etc.

I am not anti 'right'. I am a anti Extremism in all its form, and more improtantly, I am anti the use of violence, intimidation and fear to spread any message.

• Options
    Anyone see the Islamic protest outside the US embassy yesterday? The only footage on tv of arrests was the OB nicking EDL. How on earth did OB allow this protest to go ahead when they wouldn't allow the EDL one in Tower Hamlets the other week?
  • Options
    Tried to put this on another thread but it had obviously already been sunk

Rumours Tommy Robinson has been jailed for 13 months.

A few people(his people) have started a free Tommy hashtag and are saying he is tbe biggest target in Britain and if he goes to prison will be killed