Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2nd test England v India

Comments

• Options
    Drinks break and with a lead of 141 with 8 wickets left it is definitely there for England to win.  Mind you yesterday at this time I thought India were well on top!!  Just hope Swann bowls better than he did in the first innings.
  • Options
    shocking decision for Bell
  • Options
    Unbelievable. If it had been any other delivery other than the last ball before Tea then it would not have happened
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Naive from Bell but you would hope that in fair competition there would not be an appeal. Lousy cricket and even lousier sportsmanship.
  • Options
    shocking decision for Bell

I think it was correct by the umpires - if they had called over or tea then he would be not out, similarly if the ball was dead then it would be not out as well.

However a tad unsporting from India - clearly Bell and Morgan thought the ball had gone for four and were walking off for tea.

• Options
    shocking stuff all round. one of the slip fielders picked up the helmet behind the wickets while the ball is still in play. Surely that's not allowed.
  • Options
    shocking stuff all round. one of the slip fielders picked up the helmet behind the wickets while the ball is still in play. Surely that's not allowed.

It is, however he's not allowed to touch the ball with any item of clothing in his hand (a fine of five runs results if he does). It was simply of one those bizarre things - a bit of confusion, the ball wasn't dead and once the decision comes in the umpires have no option than to give the run-out.
  • Options
    Little bit of complacency by Bell. The Indians have withdrawn the appeal .. fabulous ..
  • Options
    good sportmanship that is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Done India.
  • Options
    Little bit of complacency by Bell. The Indians have withdrawn the appeal .. fabulous ..

Sensible - and good for the game.

• Options
    Dhoni has done the decent thing. Good man.
  • Options
    what is the score?
  • Options
    wow that's proper cricket. Well done India

• Options
    260-3
  • Options

260/3

A lead of 193.

Very sporting decision well done MS Dhoni.

• Options
    261-4 3
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options

absolutely, but did you see the Pieteresen incident earlier this afternoon when he was on strike?. He walked out to do some gardening literally as soon as the ball was past him. Dhoni 'had a word' but made no attempt to remove the bails. At the risk of sounding like an old pedant, the laws and rules ARE the laws and rules. Play to the whistle and all that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dhoni has indeed done the decent thing so fair play but the superior thing would have been not to tell the fella to take the bails off and appeal and then re-appeal when invited in the first place.
  • Options

absolutely, but did you see the Pieteresen incident earlier this afternoon when he was on strike?. He walked out to do some gardening literally as soon as the ball was past him. Dhoni 'had a word' but made no attempt to remove the bails. At the risk of sounding like an old pedant, the laws and rules ARE the laws and rules. Play to the whistle and all that

I didn't, but the etiquette in the game is that the batsman gets one warning, similarly if the no-striker backs up too far he gets a friendly warning.
  • Options
    Fair play to whoever made the decision in the Indian dressing room. If you lose the ethos of "the spirit of the game", you have a poorer game.
  • Options

PS if you want to be pedantic there are no rules in cricket, only laws...

• Options

PS if you want to be pedantic there are no rules in cricket, only laws...

I know, I was making a pedantic point to cover as many eventualities as possible. I have played in games where similar incidents have happened. Etiquette may be alive @ Trent Bridge but on some Kentish and Sussex village greens and nice little cricket grounds,  etiquette is for the birds.  
  • Options
    Top, i'm sitting here recovering from my own stag event yesterday, in my pants and loving this cricket. Test match cricket is absolutely the dogs nackers!!! Dadddy Daddy Dadddddy (thats all i can hear in the background whilst in the Test match Trance!) = Perfect Sundays with my girls flitting about and totally shitfaced watching top class International test cricket! 

BOSCH
  • Options
    Top, i'm sitting here recovering from my own stag event yesterday, in my pants and loving this cricket. Test match cricket is absolutely the dogs nackers!!! Dadddy Daddy Dadddddy (thats all i can hear in the background whilst in the Test match Trance!) = Perfect Sundays with my girls flitting about and totally shitfaced watching top class International test cricket! 

BOSC
    your headache is OK until your girls ask you to explain the ins and outs of the LBW law
  • Options
    I can explain LBW all day long hehe, specially when busted from yesterday, and deciding to wallop an hair of the dog at noon!! Bosched now!!! 

• Options
    seeing all the boozed up fans booooing the indian team and shouting out "scum" when they were coming out after tea was funny ha ha fools

and sky showing when sidebottom bumped the nz player over and we run him oit but refused to withdraw the appeal hmmmmmmm

as it was happening i thought what are you doing bell you bell but sky cameras didnt focus on the ball when it was live
    very amateurish from bell and he got away with it

all this fairplay spirit of the game is all well and good but they all still appeal for crap that they shouldnt
  • Options
    Sharma and Sreesanth are sending down filth, England are heading for 400 runs in a day.