Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2nd test England v India

Comments

• Options
    seeing all the boozed up fans booooing the indian team and shouting out "scum" when they were coming out after tea was funny ha ha fools

and sky showing when sidebottom bumped the nz player over and we run him oit but refused to withdraw the appeal hmmmmmmm

as it was happening i thought what are you doing bell you bell but sky cameras didnt focus on the ball when it was live

very amateurish from bell and he got away with it

all this fairplay spirit of the game is all well and good but they all still appeal for crap that they shouldnt
    It's a professional game with careers and cash at stake, I think the Indians have been VERY generous and probably did it to prevent riots, abuse, TV overkill and to preserve the dignity of the coming 2 tests. I cant see the Aussies, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans (they let Murili throw for 15 years) or Kiwis being so magnanimous/pragmatic.. the Windies?.. possibly but NOT under Sir Viv
  • Options
    No question that Bell was out but the Indians have taken the moral highground, even though they are now odds on to lose the match.  Bearing in mind Collingwood's take against NZ, I doubt we would have done the same. 
  • Options
    exactly ..... bullied them into it
  • Options
    No question that Bell was out but the Indians have taken the moral highground, even though they are now odds on to lose the match.  Bearing in mind Collingwood's take against NZ, I doubt we would have done the same. 
    I TOTALLY agree .. and the crowd would have loved it. The Indians now look to be a totally demoralised side. England?.. super professional and merciless .. at last .. it's the South African influence.
  • Options
    Dhoni shouldn't have withdrawn the appeal. Bell was out and deserved to go.
  • Options
    Dhoni shouldn't have withdrawn the appeal. Bell was out and deserved to go.
    this, can you imagine if it happened in the Ashes
  • Options
    The more I look at the incident the more I'm convinced that Dhoni is going to be kicking himself for withdrawing the appeal. Watching Bell on his 4th 'run' he starts off at a bit of a trot and then sees the ball coming back towards the keeper. Then he slows down and makes like he's walking off, whilst Morgan is swiftly retreating and touching his bat down.

I think he realised halfway down the wicket that he was in trouble and tried (successfully) to bluff his way out of it. At the end of the day I'm not sure it would have been enough to save India and they can also now take the moral highground but I think they've been done over there.
  • Options
    India are bowling big fat pies at the moment, utter rubbish being tossed up
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Warne's commentary is absolutely hilarious at the moment
  • Options
    Tuffers is dishing it out on TMS, what's Warne saying?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely tearing the attack to pieces "get me a side of fries with that delivery"... he's obviously peckish

Holding is as cutting as ever as well

You have to say they might as well have not turned up this morning, anyone could stand 20 paces away and as you say lob 60mph pies
  • Options
    Dravid gone. 6-1.
  • Options
    Not sure about this "spirit of cricket nonsense" This sums it up perfectly for me:

From The Guardian:

"At what point did MSD and others recall the so-called spirit
    of cricket? According to reports, they were asked twice on the field if
    they wished to appeal and then presumably would have thought nothing
    more of it until the Head Boy and the Games Master came around?" Gareth
    Johnson makes an interesting point. "Seems a little rich to claim that
    the entire team decided in the spirit of the game that they did not want
    to uphold the appeal as there were quite a few high fives when they
    were leaving the field 20 minutes earlier ... in the spirit of the game
    surely they should not of appealed in the first instance and then openly
    celebrated the result? Just very fortuitous that it was the last ball
    before tea and everyone had 20 minutes to think about it ..." I think
    the right decision was made in the end - but you're right, the process
    was certainly very messy.
  • Options
    37-4

Can Tendulkar bat for 4+ session and score 450+ before running out of partners? Might be beyond even a fantastic player like him.
  • Options
    My on line 5 live sports extra has died.Is it my machine or is a general prob?
  • Options
    55-6
  • Options

Thats it back 57-6 brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    109-7, Tendulkar gone.
  • Options
    8 DOWN
  • Options
    148-8 5 wickets for Bresnan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Anderson!
  • Options
    Brilliant match! well done Broady!
  • Options
    m o tm? .. I'd go for Bresnan
  • Options
    Got to say that England are fantastic at the moment. The Indians have been pretty poor at times, but any team in their position just before Broad gave England a bit of belief on the first day would have fancied their chances. England just seem to have that ability to get a bit of a chink in the armour and smash their way through it. Brilliant to watch - long may it continue!
  • Options
    I'd go for Broad!
  • Options
    I'd go for Broad!
    Broad? ... I got a feeling he'll get it, he's better looking, and of course got the three card trick  ... though today is 'Yorkshire Day' .. whatever that signifies
  • Options

Has to be Broad in my view.

His first innings knock was crucial and worth a ton in other circumstances. He then chipped in with a hattrick just as India appeared to be on course for a decent first innings lead. Not to mention his useful runs and wickets in the second innings.

That said Bresnan and Bell also had excellent matches but Broad gets it for me as explained.

• Options
    Bell for me - forget the run out debacle - highest run scorer in the match, first 100 batting at 3 and that morning when he was the only English batsman that scored runs and scored them quickly really helped turned this game around as much as Broad's hat-trick
  • Options
    why is Nasser shouting into the microphone? he sounds silly. 
  • Options
    He's a twit