Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FourFourTwo Season Preview = Charlton's Predicted finishing place

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011
    If you want to get yourself a football preview that's worthy of your time and money, buy the Racing Post the day they include their 2011/12 football season pullout.

It's always been worth it in the past.
  • Options

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/210526,npower-league-one-club-guide-201112.aspx

Mine was the aussie link, but I assumed it was written by the same people.

looks like the same mag or at least same family of mags

Print time will lag behind on-line so maybe someone has had a change of heart.
  • Options
    Henry is a closet Warsaw fan :o)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The British version of FourFourTwo must have written their preview in May.
  • Options

I imagine they are written by two different people and I bet with the league they place relegated, then promoted, then everyone else it jsut fitted in. With the detailed one I think they write the information and pick a position without thinking who else there is still to write about.

• Options
    I reck
  • Options
    If you want to get yourself a football preview that's worthy of your time and money, buy the Racing Post the day they include their 2011/12 football season pullout.

It's always been worth it in the past.
    someone told me the guy who writes it is a charlton fan
  • Options
    Look who's surfaced! ;-)
  • Options
    18th... Please prove em wrong. Thats just crazy.
  • Options
    Look who's surfaced! ;-)
    struggling...3 nights in a row
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's known as hedging your bets! The  guys that run the FFT website are different to those who produce the newsstand supplement in the printed copy, same mag, different journos. The lead time in producing the printed version is considerable & trying to predict where all 92 clubs will finish is impossible. I'm sure Henry will agree - Charlton prediction aside - the current issue of FFT with free 130 page preview supplement, as well as a second freebie (a pre-season guide to fitness) is superbv valu

• Options
    Hopefully the players will see that prediction. It will annoy and anger them and motivate them to do much much better!
  • Options

It's known as hedging your bets! The  guys that run the FFT website are different to those who produce the newsstand supplement in the printed copy, same mag, different journos. The lead time in producing the printed version is considerable & trying to predict where all 92 clubs will finish is impossible. I'm sure Henry will agree - Charlton prediction aside - the current issue of FFT with free 130 page preview supplement, as well as a second freebie (a pre-season guide to fitness) is superbv valu

Especially as I get four issues for £1 thanks to Mr AFKA Bartram.  
  • Options
    Fantastic issue tho! a whole magazine (there's 3) on pre season training, i'll use that ahead of the season!
  • Options
    I don't think even before our summer purchases that 18 was particularly sensible.
  • Options

When that sub runs out, negotiate Henry. The industry is driven by ABC figures with subs being the equivalent of s/t holders. You'll be able to get yourself a'gift'. Though I pay by ongoing direct debit I negotiate for a gift annually, plus a knock down rate.

Quadrant (Haymarket's subs bureau) can also offer you good deals on Champions League mag as well as England & erm....Man Utd progs! The perfect gift for the Man Utd plastic, the matchday prog delivered to your door on the morning of the match without having to go near OT. That's why the Man Utd prog is often not up-to-date.

• Options
    Says charlton are predicted 4th for me?
  • Options
    Says charlton are predicted 4th for me?
    On the Aussie on-line version it does.

In the printed UK version it says 18th
  • Options

When that sub runs out, negotiate Henry. The industry is driven by ABC figures with subs being the equivalent of s/t holders. You'll be able to get yourself a'gift'. Though I pay by ongoing direct debit I negotiate for a gift annually, plus a knock down rate.

Cheers, was just going to cancel and go back to buying in the shop (which I did anyway) but worth a try

Flattered that you think I'm an ABC!  : - )
  • Options
    Experts, pah! What do they know? We're going to storm the league, storm it I tell yee!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Says 4th on the fourfourtwo betting website
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Says 4th on the fourfourtwo betting website
    in their printed issue which came out today they say 18th.  Obviously had a change of heart about it or sacked the Palace fan who wrote the article
  • Options
    We are coming first or second, neck and neck with Sheffield United
  • Options

ABC - Audit Bureau of Circulation.

• Options

ABC - Audit Bureau of Circulation.

Whooosh - did you get that from wiki too.

• Options
    Experts, pah! What do they know? We're going to storm the league, storm it I tell yee!
    :-)
  • Options
    Have we avoided relegation yet?
  • Options
    Oh dear FourFourTwo.
  • Options
    Unless my maths is as bad as Mikel Alonso's injury record, then i think it is impossible for any of the bottom 4 to finish above us.
  • Options
    Unless my maths is as bad as Mikel Alonso's injury record, then i think it is impossible for any of the bottom 4 to finish above us.
    Thats cause to celebrate. Think I will crack open a few beers tonight now !